onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

McDonald

No, your post is laughable. McDonald is not good enough to start in this league he is incosistent and very clumsy. Mccombe has been consistent throughout the season, I havnt seen him have many poor games, the same cant be said for McDonald.

Mccombe dosent put the ball out half as much as McDonald, he gets it and then he smacks it into orbit, are you watching the same team?

The reason their partnership was weak was in no way down to Mccombe but because Owen had past it, if you think McDonald is better than Mccombe then theres something up.

The reason people like him is because he is a good player at the level and has been promoted from it before, he's also extremely reliable, again unlike mccdonald.

The posts on here saying that McDonald is good enough have obviously not been to all the games, we need to let players like him go to advance to the next stage!

Not good enough for this league, yet he started in League 1 for Walsall? he doesnt get enough games for us, because Adams has his favourites.

Advert

I remember coming out of the away game at Bristol Rovers and overhearing a conversation between some of their fans. Although I can't remember exactly, I'll paraphrase; "When they (Vale) have got that great big thing (McDonald) in defence there's no point keeping on lobbing it up to the forwards". I completely agree with this statement. Lots of teams in this league will play 'long ball' football, stick a tall striker up front and that's the only way they will score. With McDonald in defence it completely stops this sort of tactic and means the opposition have to start getting the ball down and playing football, which most teams in this league won't be able to do. I'd keep, or replace with another strong, good tackling, good heading, 6'6 centre-half....
Very good point, we have to cope with the opposition in this league as well as building a side for L1, which is the point of a squad. Lets see who MA retains first?

Not good enough for this league, yet he started in League 1 for Walsall? he doesnt get enough games for us, because Adams has his favourites.

Well he wasnt good enough was he, hence why we were able to sign him.

Not missed a game since we've been in League Two and McDonald has had a handful of poor games.

Your posts, just lately, are becoming increasingly unreal.

Fine, but Mccombe is far better than Mcdonald will ever be, why are my posts becoming increasingly unreal?

I think he's worth signing up. As I've said before though, I don't think him and McCombe is an ideal partnership but as a squad player or perhaps even in a back three he'd be decent.

Thought he did well in a back 3 aswell.

IMO even though Oxford were ****e, Adams may have stumbled upon a defensive formation that may work.

Dodds and Lofty both looked good as wing backs, both can get up and down the wings, both can cross a ball and both can score goals.

The middle 3 looked solid-Davis has the pace to get behind the other 2 and both Macs win their fair share of headers.

Our problem has been that we rely on Rico to score, apart from Boom no other defenders score.

The problem may be when the oppostion play with wingers although in this division none spring to mind.

We won 7 out of the last 10 home games and this is the home form we need to produce throughout the whole of the season to compete-Swindon and Shrewsbury got promoted due to excellent home form.

What the **** is laughable about that you clown? Have you seen how many times McCombe puts the ball out of play?

His partnership with Gareth Owen (not in the first spell) was one of the worst I've seen in years.

McCombe scores a few goals though, is that why everyone likes him?

Hey, Clown, my post was a tongue in cheek reference to your post No#34 but it obviously passed you by - never mind.

As for your retort regarding McCombe - so he puts the ball out of play....so what, better there than simply allowing an opposing player to waltz past him and score?.....or do you expect him to pin-point every clearance/pass onto Popey's head so he can nod it on perfectly for Rico to slot in?.

He's a fourth division defender for pity's sake, he's not the best to ever pull on a Vale shirt, he's not the best in this division, far from it on both counts, but he's here, he pulls on a Vale shirt because that's his level.

Given a transfer budget that we can only dream of, then neither McCombe nor Clayton would be here - but until Mr. Ryder puts such transfer funds into Micky's hands then the likes of McCombe and McDonald will have to suffice.

Clown.

Hey, Clown, my post was a tongue in cheek reference to your post No#34 but it obviously passed you by - never mind.

As for your retort regarding McCombe - so he puts the ball out of play....so what, better there than simply allowing an opposing player to waltz past him and score?.....or do you expect him to pin-point every clearance/pass onto Popey's head so he can nod it on perfectly for Rico to slot in?.

He's a fourth division defender for pity's sake, he's not the best to ever pull on a Vale shirt, he's not the best in this division, far from it on both counts, but he's here, he pulls on a Vale shirt because that's his level.

Given a transfer budget that we can only dream of, then neither McCombe nor Clayton would be here - but until Mr. Ryder puts such transfer funds into Micky's hands then the likes of McCombe and McDonald will have to suffice.

Clown.

That's telling him BHF...

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Well he wasnt good enough was he, hence why we were able to sign him.

Fine, but Mccombe is far better than Mcdonald will ever be, why are my posts becoming increasingly unreal?

Ah right, okay then. I guess you are one of them supporters that wont have a bad word said against that group of players that got us to the top of the league nearly 2 years ago? McCombe isn't "far better than McDonald will ever be", John is a very mediocre League 2 defender, so in the words of Ian Holloway, You're Wrong.

Ah right, okay then. I guess you are one of them supporters that wont have a bad word said against that group of players that got us to the top of the league nearly 2 years ago? McCombe isn't "far better than McDonald will ever be", John is a very mediocre League 2 defender, so in the words of Ian Holloway, You're Wrong.

Mccombe isnt an average league 2 player, he is is easily good enough, hence why he got promoted with hereford i think. And believe me i say a lot of bad things about the players, you are wrong mccombe is a far better than mcdonald, you obviously havnt been many games this year!

Mccombe isnt an average league 2 player, he is is easily good enough, hence why he got promoted with hereford i think. And believe me i say a lot of bad things about the players, you are wrong mccombe is a far better than mcdonald, you obviously havnt been many games this year!

I have missed more games than normal this season, and the reason for the that is the current squad we have had for the past 4 seasons just bore me with how mediocre they are. We failed to beat any of this seasons Top 7 and we need better players than John McCombe in the starting 11 if we wish to defeat the top teams next season.

Archived