onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Youngster Released

valerule4ever

Advert

This is one of the first priorities Mr Ryder should deal with, and this is the implementation of a robust sustainable youth policy, that is hw clubs like oura survive. It has to start with Mickey Adams, he has only played Joe Davis because he had to. He doesnt play youngsters, therefore we have no sustainable future, we will be expected bigger budgets every year handed over by Mr Ryder.

Charlie Raglan was another excellent prospect that we have let go, him alongside Lloyd and Davies were the future of our club and potential transfers for large sums of cash to aid this club moving forward.

We don't have to go down the Crewe route (even though they are in the play-offs with a team full of kids). However the future is rosy once they sell players like Powell and Clayton (which they will). Its how we used to do it, it made us succesfull under Rudge, Micky needs to learn that if your good enough your old enough.

This is one of the first priorities Mr Ryder should deal with, and this is the implementation of a robust sustainable youth policy, that is hw clubs like oura survive. It has to start with Mickey Adams, he has only played Joe Davis because he had to. He doesnt play youngsters, therefore we have no sustainable future, we will be expected bigger budgets every year handed over by Mr Ryder.

Charlie Raglan was another excellent prospect that we have let go, him alongside Lloyd and Davies were the future of our club and potential transfers for large sums of cash to aid this club moving forward.

We don't have to go down the Crewe route (even though they are in the play-offs with a team full of kids). However the future is rosy once they sell players like Powell and Clayton (which they will). Its how we used to do it, it made us succesfull under Rudge, Micky needs to learn that if your good enough your old enough.

very well put, investment in youth must be a priority

i heard that Crewe spend £500,000 a year on their academy, so they have to sell one or two to make it sustainable. that's the path they choose, fair play to them, i respect them for that.

but you can't play lads that arnt good enough, just because they're young! is raglan really going be become a quality league centre half? realistically, will Davies? we like to think so because of the perks that comes with having a good youngster (transfer money).

i'd rather see an experienced pro at centre half than an unproven lad, no matter how many youth caps he has for spain haha. that's the key to getting out of this league.

but i am no expert,. so someone please shoot me down

i heard that Crewe spend £500,000 a year on their academy, so they have to sell one or two to make it sustainable. that's the path they choose, fair play to them, i respect them for that.

but you can't play lads that arnt good enough, just because they're young! is raglan really going be become a quality league centre half? realistically, will Davies? we like to think so because of the perks that comes with having a good youngster (transfer money).

i'd rather see an experienced pro at centre half than an unproven lad, no matter how many youth caps he has for spain haha. that's the key to getting out of this league.

but i am no expert,. so someone please shoot me down

The three mentioned are definately good enough, Even Steve Davies said so, and I wouldnt be suprised to see Raglan go to Crewe. He will be given a change at Crewe better than any chance he would have gotten under Adams.

I hate to say this cuz he has saved us and made us look relatively decent, but Im losing faith in Some of Micky Adams decisions.

Crewe's set up isn't particulary sustainable.

£500,000 pa running costs. They need to bring about two through a year to just break even. Their financial year starts/ends in July IIRC so they need to find another £200,000 from selling players in the next two and a bit months to break even.

If they have an average year or two and don't sell anyone I'm pretty sure they don't have the turnover to keep it going unless Bowler dips into his pocket.

If they do get promoted, their budget won't exactly set League One alight. They'll come straight down.

The thing is, they have the players in their set up at the moment which will did that for at least the next 5-10 years or so.

Watched Charlie playing for Hinckley last season and he gained confidence as he had regular games, coped alright with a few rough ones, slighter than Davies, but I expected him to be worth another year. Some managers prefer older players, but fans like to see youngsters develop even if they eventually end up in higher leagues.

Don't see how you can dream up the fantasy he is the future of our club.

Its not how we did it under Rudgie, he bought in gems and strays generally and developed them from other clubs.

A robust youth policy is needed at the Vale look what Crewe have achieved its kept there club going, particularly with this crazy Bosman rule that applies to lower league clubs how can they survive,

It needs scrapping ! Mickeys done a Top job but needs to blood younger players & get a good winger Vale Park is WIDE !

Hate to say it but what chance do we have of producing youngsters when not only do we have to put up with Crewe and Stoke but also all the big local Premiership sides. All the talented kids locally are not going to come to Vale.

Now many might say we don't require players of that standard but the problem is most kids at big academies don't make it, and it's those players that end up (if they make it at all) in the lower leagues. Therefore the best we can hope for is producing conference or lower standard players unless we are mega lucky.

I don't know what the answer is but links with local junior leagues ought to be sought rather than relying on it's ridiculously small scouting network and it's new idea of making kids pay for a chance to be scouted.

Archived