onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shrewsbury Part 3.

ollyandpatch

In 1978 I wrote to the Daily Star about an abandoned game - I know! I was a student then and the letter got published and they sent me £2.50. The point is that a game abandoned before half time is replayed with the fans having a right to free entry. A game abandoned after half time is at the discretion of the home club in terms of the charging. I say this with a bit of caution because of the time elapsed. I have some sympathy with Shrewsbury because they will incur double match day costs and the incident was a so called "act of god". Of course I have sympathy with the fans as well who are being asked to share in the cost of the "act of god". To quote George Osborne "we are all in this together". If that perspective is unpopular - most likely - then I guess the concept of cosmic consciousness may help people get over it!

Is that you Melv?

Advert

We've got to pay again !!!!!!

I have rang Jayne Bebb at Shrewsbury,01743 289177, Answer, She's not in the office , surprize surprize,

Cost of Ticket, petrol and parking, not again,

If they cannot keep there ground in order they dont deserve away supporter's money.

I used half a days holiday paid a fiver to park and they want me to pay twice and pay for petrol twice!

What a p1ss take.

Will they manage to keep their n0bhead fans off the pitch?

Very dissapointed and will not be paying again.

Hope everyone boycotts it

I know Shrewsbury will have costs themselves for this match but surely £10 is too much especially when supporters will have already forked out a match ticket and petrol once. Or twice in my case as i had already driven from Nottingham to Stoke in preparation to go to the first game that was called off. I think £5 would have been more reasonable and it would have also meant a full house attending.

They could have at least given a discounted £5 entry to supporters who attended Tuesday night.

There was an announcement on the tannoy for fans to save there tickets studs are they letting there fans in for free ?

Why make that if you don't need them.

There was an announcement on the tannoy for fans to save there tickets studs are they letting there fans in for free ?

Why make that if you don't need them.

They may have now realised that there were quite a few stubs carpeting the floor.

In 1978 I wrote to the Daily Star about an abandoned game - I know! I was a student then and the letter got published and they sent me £2.50. The point is that a game abandoned before half time is replayed with the fans having a right to free entry. A game abandoned after half time is at the discretion of the home club in terms of the charging. I say this with a bit of caution because of the time elapsed. I have some sympathy with Shrewsbury because they will incur double match day costs and the incident was a so called "act of god". Of course I have sympathy with the fans as well who are being asked to share in the cost of the "act of god". To quote George Osborne "we are all in this together". If that perspective is unpopular - most likely - then I guess the concept of cosmic consciousness may help people get over it!

Act Of God , :ohmy: lightning strike , earthquakes, are acts of god,

This is poor workmanship & poor maintainence, :bomb: How long has the ground been open ?

Anyway they will claim off there insurance. :yes:

Act Of God , :ohmy: lightning strike , earthquakes, are acts of god,

This is poor workmanship & poor maintainence, :bomb: How long has the ground been open ?

Anyway they will claim off there insurance. :yes:

Carnt beat that a tenner for pro football:ohmy:

This is a major rip off by Shrewsbury I'm afraid. On their website it says "There are always considerable costs involved when we stage a home match particularly when requiring police and additional stewarding." So how much will it cost to stage this game?

There will be no additional wage costs to full time staff which have to be taken into account when budgetting for "normal" League games and will, I suspect, make up a considerable proportion of the normal ticket price.

There will be policing costs. It was reckoned recently that the policing of one of the major "protest" games at Vale cost £6,000 so let's use that as a guide figure for the policing.

The club will have to pay the wages of stewards and casual staff for catering, turnstiles, etc. I would imagine that figure would come to around £4,000-£5,000 or less??

Add on the costs of the floodlights and the costs of staging the game would be somewhere in the region of £10,000 to £12,000.

Let's assume Shrewsbury will have 4,000 pay on the night fans. If adults are a tenner and concessions a fiver then average that out at £7.50 per person. That makes a gate income of £30,000 plus whatever else they make on food, programmes, etc. There is no doubt in my mind they will be making a considerable profit on this game, thanks to their incompetent ground maintenance.

They could easily have covered the costs of staging this game by charging a fiver for adults and two quid concessions. They are being utter rob dogs and I'm not surprised the Shrewsbury fans are as mad about this as we are.

This is a major rip off by Shrewsbury I'm afraid. On their website it says "There are always considerable costs involved when we stage a home match particularly when requiring police and additional stewarding." So how much will it cost to stage this game?

There will be no additional wage costs to full time staff which have to be taken into account when budgetting for "normal" League games and will, I suspect, make up a considerable proportion of the normal ticket price.

There will be policing costs. It was reckoned recently that the policing of one of the major "protest" games at Vale cost £6,000 so let's use that as a guide figure for the policing.

The club will have to pay the wages of stewards and casual staff for catering, turnstiles, etc. I would imagine that figure would come to around £4,000-£5,000 or less??

Add on the costs of the floodlights and the costs of staging the game would be somewhere in the region of £10,000 to £12,000.

Let's assume Shrewsbury will have 4,000 pay on the night fans. If adults are a tenner and concessions a fiver then average that out at £7.50 per person. That makes a gate income of £30,000 plus whatever else they make on food, programmes, etc. There is no doubt in my mind they will be making a considerable profit on this game, thanks to their incompetent ground maintenance.

They could easily have covered the costs of staging this game by charging a fiver for adults and two quid concessions. They are being utter rob dogs and I'm not surprised the Shrewsbury fans are as mad about this as we are.

Totally agree Jacko, at the end of the day its their faulty equipment, their incompetent ground staff or whatever else caused the fire, the bottom line is its their responsibiltiy to maintain health and safety and to keep customers safe. I take it pending the fire service report on the cause of the fire we can sue them for the cost of petrol, travelling time, entry to the ground etc... as they can now charge for the rearranged fixture?

Archived