onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Test

robf

Advert

The new forum is so yesterday... The old forum is the new forum... ;)

Rob, would it be possible to get Facebook style notifications for if someone quotes your comment? I have found so often I have made a comment, forgotten about it and people have replied. Just a thought.

The new forum is so yesterday... The old forum is the new forum... ;)

I really liked the new forum layout etc..........Its a crying shame after all the hard work you put in to setting it up.....People moaned and complained....Thanks for you hard work and imput RobF........:yes:

Jimmy,

To be honest, it mostly comes down to money. The reason I didn't stick with the existing forum was a lot ot do with the sheer cost of licensing it. We just donated our advertising income to save the Vale as well so we've got to shell out for this month's hosting costs.

So, now the onus is very much on those who hated the new, completely free (and in my view worth having) forum to help out by donating and getting this one upgraded so mobile access and new features can be enjoyed.

Oh and I made a basic error - the cost of the forum licence is in dollars not pounds. So we need about £360 - that's around £220 to update the forum and £120 more to cover our hosting cost increases.

Fair enough mate, I am an IT bod, I was just curious. :D

It's basically a new forum licence and increased memory/resources for the server.

I have been planning this for around 3/4 months so I have explored many possibilties. Despite kind offers of hosting I want to stick with my current providers who have excellent customer service (and they want £120 to move the site onto a new platform and for increased monthly costs). I then need the latest version of VBulletin which costs around £220 (not £380 - that was actually $380 I got that wrong)...

Rob,

Just so you know, I couldn't log on to the new forum as it didn't recognise my name/password. As soon as I came on OVF today I was automatically still logged in. Not sure if anyone else had the same problem!!

I was getting used to reading the new site, I like the new home page too.

I like the new home page too.

Thank you. For numerous reasons I am absolutely NOT changing the home page. That took a lot of work and I think will have massive advantages (for the server load, for SEO and site promotion) over the old one. For those reasons the new home page definitely stays!

I really liked the new forum layout etc..........Its a crying shame after all the hard work you put in to setting it up.....People moaned and complained....Thanks for you hard work and imput RobF........:yes:

I didn't, and I appreciate what you have done Rob in listening to people.

Pity MOLD didn't have the same attitude or we wouldn't be where we are.

Archived