onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mo Chaudry: Davis has a good future ahead of him

Richard...

Radio 5 live have done a number of features on John Terry over the years. The general opinion is widespread.

"He's composed and has everything in his locker" is generally NOT the opinion of the guests, football writers & ex pro's.

Terry lacks pace and has always struggled against quick/nippy forwards.

Terry cannot "turn" a forward. If you put the ball over the top of him and he runs towards his own keeper he has to play the ball back or kick it into touch.

Terry plays better when he's "paired" with a pacey centre half or defensive midfielder sitting just infront of him.

Terry may possess the ability to be a professional footballer but he does not possess the ability or skill to be described as "class." He may have captained his club & country and played at the top level for many years but he's never won anything for England and as far as the top prize in club football is concerned, the Champions League has always found him wanting.

If you want to know or see what "class", genuine class is all about check out the late, great Bobby Moore.

No contest, No argument!!!!!......

What he said! :yes:

Advert

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Just a "stopper"??? You're seriously saying that Dean Glover would have had the ability in this day and age to captain a successful club and also his country for so long? Terry has more class on the pitch than pwople give him credit for. He's often very calm on the ball and never feels pressured. He's composed and has everything in his locker, which is what has had him playing at the top of his game for so many years.

Brilliant; Dean Glover compared to John Terry :D

I didn't compare him, in actual fact I said it was quite strange to compare them! ;)

Terry has no class on or off the field and Dean was full of it. Terry used to be a very good stopper but his range of passing is poor, he isn't particularly strong under pressure (particularly the last 12 months) and has always struggled against pace.

Correct, SV!

If you read up stats of JT and his influence on the team when he plays, you will see that he is more than just an average Joe!

Messi is an absolute genius. With JT's injuries and age taking it's toll now, I reckon he'd probably struggle against Messi. But that is no disrespect to a man that his led his team to many a successful night at home and abroad! The difference in having him back against Napoli at home was unbelievable. They missed him over in Naples, but the Bridge was a different matter.

For someone to say he doesn't read the game that well either, is also laughable! Excellent organiser and keeps the ship steady when it's needed the most.

I don't even know why players from past eras are being compared. It's about the here and now and JT has been class for a large part of his career. Bobby Moore was a different gravy, from a different boat.

When you eventually get your head out of Terry's *ss, instead of quoting what an excellent organiser, steady ship, read the game blah, blah, blah player he is, why don't you tell me what International and European honours he has won on his "a many successful nights at home and abroad?

Answer is..............................??????????

As for Bobby Moore being from a different era......... ok, lets look at Rio Ferdinand. Same era, a stylish player, with pace who has won the Champions League, been involved in it with 2 different clubs, won numerous more leagues titles and trophies than Terry. A better player all round who I also would'nt call classy.

The bottom line is this; You made a statement about John Terry, unfortunately you've totally failed to support your statement with any facts. ALL GENUINE CLASS PLAYERS win honours, be it European or International. :yes:

When you eventually get your head out of Terry's *ss, instead of quoting what an excellent organiser, steady ship, read the game blah, blah, blah player he is, why don't you tell me what International and European honours he has won on his "a many successful nights at home and abroad?

Answer is..............................??????????

ZERO!

This snippet was taken from OPTA for the 09/10 season team of the season;

John Terry, Chelsea

Only two defenders helped keep more clean sheets (15)

Only two players made more successful passes this season than him (1572)

Scored more than one PL goal for first time since Chelsea's last title win in 05-06

http://optasports.com/about/news/feature-the-opta-premier-league-team-of-the-season.html

Those stats are 2 years old and it doesn't state how many of those were more than 10 yard passes to their defensive midfielder or Ashley Cole.

Lies, damn lies and statistics! :D

At the time of that semi final in 2009, Messi was the reigning runner up in the World Player of the Year (of 2008). 6 months later he won that award for 2009. He was clearly already at the top of the game at that point in time.

If you are going to debate a point it helps if you do so with some grasp of the facts.

You asked what Terry would be like against Messi over 90 minutes did you not?

When both players were at, or at least towards, their peak Messi didn't score in 180 minutes.

Chelsea's record in the last two seasons is irrelevant because any side is so much more than one man. Their issues have been largely driven by the man running the club and his interesting managerial choices.

Terry may be a complete plank off the pitch but has been a top player on it. Hence why he has been a key player in teams where he's won three titles and 6 domestic cups.

I'd suggest you take your own advice on getting real. Or maybe learn a little about the game.

Try sticking to the facts. I made a statement about now, this season. You are living in the past and mentioned a game from 2 years ago which has no revelance to what I posted.:yes:

You should be more observant and respectful to what has been written if you wish to join in with something that I have posted; It helps and saves confusion!

As for learning more about the game, I'll take on board your advice, however my lack of experience still outshines your limited knowledge on what makes a class player or indeed a class team! Ask any Liverpool or Man Utd fan about Terrys/Chelsea's 3 titles and 6 domestic trophies.

When they have finished laughing at your wise and educated knowledge of Chelsea's/Terry's domestic achievments, I'm sure they will inform you of the ignorance of your ridiculous comment.

Like I've said boy............. Get real:yes:

Living in the past? Then using Liverpool as a guide on asking about success.

Priceless. What is their recent record? A Carling Cup in 6 or 7 seasons.

Okay, Terry is a donkey who was never voted into a world eleven by his peers, was never the only Englishman at the 2006 World Cup to feature in the squad of the tournament, never won 9 domestic medals because clearly none of those are the attributes of world class players.

Shame for the guy that his inability to keep it in his pants blinkers people's views but no one to blame but himself for that.

Range of passing? Why does a centre half need a range of passing? :laugh: As I said, he takes the ball under control and plays the simple pass. To feet and keeps the ball moving! He doesn't need to go on lung busting runs through a field of players. He has been world class in HIS POSITION!

That stat I posted is a FACT! TWO players in the entire premier league that season out passed him, just TWO! Just look at some more of the facts that SV has posted, too. Why would he be voted into teams of tournaments etc., if he wasn't world class? Do his peers not clearly see him as this?

He should have won the champs league in 2008, but it rained and he slipped. It happens to the best of them. One of the most gifted players of all time in Roberto Baggio missed a penalty in a final... and i bet the list goes on too! If he hadn't have slipped, would be having this debate??? Answer is, NO!

Also Boslem Boy, Jermaine Pennant has a European honour to his name... is he world class because of this?

Don't need those medals to make you world class. JT isn't in a psoition where he can solely influence and go onto win a game of football. The likes of Messi can.

Archived