onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Keeper problem at Vale

suge1w

What's happened to Martin? What's happened to Tommo? Time to give Sam Johnson a go?

Martin was Mr. Reliable a few seasons ago then it seemed to go wrong as soon as Adams came in. Tommo is undoubtedly his favourite but he couldn't catch a cold. He's like De Gea at crosses, flapping like an injured bird at every ball.

Never seen Johnson play but is it time to give him a few games? I'm not talking about tonight because we need a few points first. I mean when we're mathematically safe.

Advert

Tomlinson made some excellent saves on Saturday and commanded his area from start to finish. he struggles to keep hold of shots that he should be doing better with. he gets some unfair criticism, as people tend to ignore the positives and focus on two spills. without the spills he wouldn't be at this level.

What's happened to Martin? What's happened to Tommo? Time to give Sam Johnson a go?

Martin was Mr. Reliable a few seasons ago then it seemed to go wrong as soon as Adams came in. Tommo is undoubtedly his favourite but he couldn't catch a cold. He's like De Gea at crosses, flapping like an injured bird at every ball.

Never seen Johnson play but is it time to give him a few games? I'm not talking about tonight because we need a few points first. I mean when we're mathematically safe.

I have seen young Johnson play and train.......IMHO he is not ready yet but probably a good prospect for the future......:yes:

Sam Johnson is garbage. Rather have Louis Dodds in goal, i think he will make a good keeper.

Tommo is my favorite keeper because he just barges people out of the way with all his muscle.

I am more confident with Martin in goal though.

Tommo pulls off a blinder one minute and drops a clanger the next, far to inconsistant. However he's probably the best option we've got with Martin not what he used to be and the other chap a bit of an unknown quantity. Should give him a go when we're safe, wouldn't do any harm.

At Crawley the Tomlinson spill cost Vale the second goal despite some good saves (all punched or pushed away however). Tomlinson also responsible for the Bradford disaster and one or perhaps both the Barnet goals.The mistake by Martin (Griffiths back pass bobble) against Stevenage last season saw him dropped? I do not want to "slag off" any Vale players as the Crawlry overall diplay deserved at least a point but we still require six points asap.

At Crawley the Tomlinson spill cost Vale the second goal despite some good saves (all punched or pushed away however). Tomlinson also responsible for the Bradford disaster and one or perhaps both the Barnet goals.The mistake by Martin (Griffiths back pass bobble) against Stevenage last season saw him dropped? I do not want to "slag off" any Vale players as the Crawlry overall diplay deserved at least a point but we still require six points asap.

But then he pushes 1 away that was heading for the top corner late on. The ref was more at fault than Tommo for the defeat vs Crawley.

But then he pushes 1 away that was heading for the top corner late on. The ref was more at fault than Tommo for the defeat vs Crawley.

hi nelly the elephant! i like tomo he can be really good but he does spill a lot not that i was there saturday hope your ok mate!

Agree concerning the ref, (the third goal would not have happened because Mc Donald would have cleared the lines?) A disgraceful refereeing decision who initialy blew for a free kick (was the ball still in play?). BUT after continued hassle/harranging from the Crawley players Mc Donald walked. Hope Steve Evans and the pathetic Crawley 2,000 followers are satisfied.

Regardless of who's in goal both Martin and Tommo make me nervous. Tommo is definitely more vocal and a better shot stopper but as mentioned he drops a few clangers. He has pretty good reactions though considering his size. Martin's kicking isn't as good as Tommo's either.

The trouble with Martin is that it seems like he's been around forever so we expect more from him even though he's only 21. Typically keepers don't peak til their late 20s at the earliest so I personally think it's a bit premature to be saying he isn't good enough.

I think once we're mathematically safe it'll do no harm to give Johnson a go just because we could afford to.

I have seen young Johnson play and train.......IMHO he is not ready yet but probably a good prospect for the future......:yes:

I have also seen him play. He has a very long throw-out - probably the longest I have seen from any keeper. Can't take chances tonight though.

Archived