onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Keeper problem at Vale

suge1w

Thommo pulls off a brilliant save tonight according to RS and Ray Williams.

Do we need to look any further at the moment, especially given our situation?

Correct mate....it was a top class save, hes taken some flack recently but he was as good as he has ever been for us tonight in a game we could have very easily lost

Advert

he pulled off a couple of brilliant saves tonight that have won us the match..his kicking was still shocking tho..

He had a great game tonight with some excellent saves.I agree that he contributed well in Vale getting 3 very important points.Well done Tommo:yes:

Martin and tommo both crap. Can't catch can't kick and not one of them communicates or commands their area. Move em on I say

So what did you think of his fantastic save then. He punched well. You'd have to be very picky to find fault tonight.

Perhaps you could make some suggestions for Micky to sign.

You seem to possess an in-depth knowledge of keepers faults but can't seem to suggest solutions.

Very easy to see the negative (I'm sure you've seen him play 100's of times!!) but you still fail to address who should be the keeper for the here and now and subsequently the long term from next season! :rolleyes:

Barry Roche or Nikki Bull would suit me perfectly.

Thommo pulls off a brilliant save tonight according to RS and Ray Williams.

Do we need to look any further at the moment, especially given our situation?

Simple answer, no. Both of our keepers are above par for League Two. If you think otherwise you're an idiot

Could not agree more, when Adams was not able, allowed to sign Tommo in his first season at Vale he had no choice but to use Martin and look what season he had being awarded young player of the season. The following pre season Adams was able to sign Tommo, gave Martin the No1 shirt then dropped him for the first game, how much of a kick in the teeth that must have been for such a young lad and to me that tells me everything i need to know about Adams integrety. Another thing i've just realised is that Martin is Vales longest serving player and only 21 i think, didnt Adams jump ship at his first opportunity.

Most accurate post I have seen on here for a long time. Adams just doesn't like Martin for whatever reason. I think a 10+ games run in the team would see Martin back to the Keeper he was 2 seasons ago.

Most accurate post I have seen on here for a long time. Adams just doesn't like Martin for whatever reason. I think a 10+ games run in the team would see Martin back to the Keeper he was 2 seasons ago.

It appears that when Adams first got to Vale he didn't want Joe Anyon, Chris Martin or Dan Weston (undermining the confidence in three young players), actively chased Stuart Tomlinson only to find him staying at Barrow. That season saw all three alternatives play reserves, first and sit on the subs bench for the first team with Anyon leaving for Lincoln in May 2010 and Weston to Cheltenham that Summer.

Assistant manager Mark Grew told the media in September 2011 that with the form of goalkeepers "they've both been disappointing" http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15091319

No criticism of Grew or the keepers as I think the seed of doubt was sown long before by Adams' lack of public support for the keepers.

What's happened to Martin? What's happened to Tommo? Time to give Sam Johnson a go?

Martin was Mr. Reliable a few seasons ago then it seemed to go wrong as soon as Adams came in. Tommo is undoubtedly his favourite but he couldn't catch a cold. He's like De Gea at crosses, flapping like an injured bird at every ball.

Never seen Johnson play but is it time to give him a few games? I'm not talking about tonight because we need a few points first. I mean when we're mathematically safe.

Give the lad a break for **** sake, Tommo made some quality saves last night, typical vale fan, only happy when moaning! It is league 2!

Martin and tommo both crap. Can't catch can't kick and not one of them communicates or commands their area. Move em on I say

They are good keepers for this standard, get real, players in this league make mistakes!

Still does not make up for the games he has cost us points in

He will have saved us just as many points, hasnt lost us that many either. People like you have to have a scapegoat and will only focus on the mistakes, never on the positives!

Archived