onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Keeper problem at Vale

suge1w

What's happened to Martin? What's happened to Tommo? Time to give Sam Johnson a go?

Martin was Mr. Reliable a few seasons ago then it seemed to go wrong as soon as Adams came in. Tommo is undoubtedly his favourite but he couldn't catch a cold. He's like De Gea at crosses, flapping like an injured bird at every ball.

Never seen Johnson play but is it time to give him a few games? I'm not talking about tonight because we need a few points first. I mean when we're mathematically safe.

Now is not the time to chuck a number of young untried players in to the fold. Davis yes through necessity but no others unless there is another option.

Martin for me wants shipping out to re-start his career.

Tomlinson's issue isn't crosses, it's holding shots. He would make a decent back-up keeper next season if we want to look to progress.

Advert

Agree concerning the ref, (the third goal would not have happened because Mc Donald would have cleared the lines?) A disgraceful refereeing decision who initialy blew for a free kick (was the ball still in play?). BUT after continued hassle/harranging from the Crawley players Mc Donald walked. Hope Steve Evans and the pathetic Crawley 2,000 followers are satisfied.

The ball was still in play, it was simply a stupid foul from Clayton. No point trying to blame anyone else.

The ball was still in play, it was simply a stupid foul from Clayton. No point trying to blame anyone else.

Fully agree. Ref consulted someone before sending McDonald off. My bet it was the linesman on the far side to confirm that the ball did not go out. Vale players must learn to play to the whistle.

Hallelujah. :yes: I've said that all along.

You seem to possess an in-depth knowledge of keepers faults but can't seem to suggest solutions.

Very easy to see the negative (I'm sure you've seen him play 100's of times!!) but you still fail to address who should be the keeper for the here and now and subsequently the long term from next season! :rolleyes:

Fully agree. Ref consulted someone before sending McDonald off. My bet it was the linesman on the far side to confirm that the ball did not go out. Vale players must learn to play to the whistle.

Well said that man, one of the first things you learn when playing the game.

What's happened to Martin and Tomlinson, one word Grew!!!

Think Adams has had a big hand in destroying Martin's confidence also. Martin will go on to be a good keeper, but needs to move on from The Vale (assuming Micky stays) for the sake of his career. Tommo is a back up keeper only if we want to progress.

Think Adams has had a big hand in destroying Martin's confidence also. Martin will go on to be a good keeper, but needs to move on from The Vale (assuming Micky stays) for the sake of his career. Tommo is a back up keeper only if we want to progress.

Could not agree more, when Adams was not able, allowed to sign Tommo in his first season at Vale he had no choice but to use Martin and look what season he had being awarded young player of the season. The following pre season Adams was able to sign Tommo, gave Martin the No1 shirt then dropped him for the first game, how much of a kick in the teeth that must have been for such a young lad and to me that tells me everything i need to know about Adams integrety. Another thing i've just realised is that Martin is Vales longest serving player and only 21 i think, didnt Adams jump ship at his first opportunity.

Archived