onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Mystery solved - the third bidder

Caroline Oakes

Advert

I'm not being dismissive. In fact I welcome all bids, the more the merrier. I was just merely stating that we still do not know much about the third bidder, despite the claims.

We know nothing - no good and no bad.

Eventually we'll find out. Patience is whats needed not faux-de-pays private investigators. What Ted said bvout us not having a voice is correct however I'm sure their will be a forum to air our views with potential buyers afterall we've had 9 years of ignorance and dismissing fans, no potential buyer would start as we've been going of recent. Its not in their perogative.

The nobody but Mo club are at it again. Pathetic.

They're not though, are they Mark? I understand it's a little difficult, but a lot of supporters simply have no other alternative (at the moment) but to support Mo, as that's all we know about. We haven't recieved any official information about any of the other bidders - what they're about, a bit of company background information, what their aspirations are (both short-term and long-term) etc... Until we have that information passed over to us, it's difficult to form any other opinion than to back the only offer we have where we have all the information at hand. After everything that has transpired over the past 18 months regarding Mo, TLB and the shenanigans of the previous regime, a lot of fans are siding with them as a show of appreciation, and ultimately, sympathy.

Personally, I'm backing Mo all the way, and I don't see what is wrong with me having that preference, until I'm provided with information that could possibly change my allegiance to another party. Until that information is published, then I think it's unfair to brand those who want Mo and Mo only as 'pathetic', don't you think?

So we respond to something we don't know about by slagging them off due to their living arrangements?!

My point still stands. We need to keep an open mind on all bidders, not do what you are suggesting.

You are right with your first comment. I don't agree that is an appropiate course of action. We need to be welcoming to other bids, that's a given. However, I think it's absolutely acceptable for people to stand their guard and stick by Mo and his business plan. Then, when the other bidders are revealed and their bid and its details are published, those supporters backing Mo will then be given the opportunity to see whether they fancy the new bidders more, or whether they feel it's not a better deal than Mo's and to stick with their original opinion. Everybody will have the freedom to change their allegiance whenever they see fit - it's not a case of once you pick Mo, that's it, you're tied to that bid and you have no room for maneuver. Opinions change frequently, no matter what it concerns.

It's a similar situation to when we get rid of our current manager and there's plenty of potential replacements. Fans will jump on the name of a particular person and stick with them throughout the application process. It's natural. Everybody will have that one person who they want. However, that doesn't necessarily mean they don't want anybody else to take over, simply that they have their preferred choice. You can't say, you can't pick a favourite until you know everything, blah blah blah, as everybody has the right to pick whatever they please and shouldn't be ridiculed for what they believe in.

You talk about backing Mo because you dont know what other bids entail, but we don't know Mo's yet. It's almost certain it won't be like the bid of 12months ago.

Rather than jumping to conclusions, why not simply wait and see what all bids have to offer ?

Right, I've been trawling the internet now for about half an hour and I've found about six or seven different pages of clubs announcing the trial or signing of "Lee Ebden"

So far, he's "played" or "had spells" at Halifax, Brighton, Scunthorpe and Kidderminster.

He turned up at Durham for a fact, lasted 45 minutes of a trial at Workington and then went off to Rhyl.

It states on one site he was out of the game for 18 months at Kiddy, but according to them no one above U18 level has ever played for them with that name.

Nothing about him at Halifax, Brighton or Scunny either?

Edit: I've found out that he's apparently from Mobberley in Cheshire too.

Paladini playing for Juventus anyone?

I smell bull****!

The nobody but Mo club are at it again. Pathetic.

Mark

I think that you'll find that it was genuine attempt to compare the qualities of a possible bidder with that of a known one.

Discussion about his personal life may perhaps be relevant with regard to his financial standing?

I would be more concerned with regard to his possible association with the former Board.

Of course, Mr Young will also be trying to talk any bids up and the suggestion of more interest and therefore a better upfront price for the Club.

I'm very concerned.

We have Lee Ebden who is apparently a footballer, I say apparently as his record has huge holes in it and the only thing that seems to be of any consistency is the lad's ability to talk his way into clubs by citing his experience in playing for clubs he's never featured for.

Granted his involvement in this venture may not be "on the pitch" but he hardly looks like the figure of integrity from all sources so far.

Whoever is behind the bid, is using a man who has proved he can talk his way into situations to benefit himself.

Back to square one, by the sounds of things!

Archived