onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ex Board of Directors

Boslem Boy

Now that Port Vale are finally going into administration, I wonder what the ex directors thoughts are about the situation and their plans for the future?

Personally I hope they rot in a prison cell never to be seen again!!... if only.

Miller & Deakin will surface at some other club, hoping to con them and cash in before yet again moving on, like the parasites we know them to be.

But what about Bratt, Lloyd and Oliver? They have been widely condemned by both businessmen and supporters on their handling of club affairs yet with arrogance they deny or accept blame, instead blaming the very people who have kept the club going for 136 years........... us the fans.

There is talk of a Bratt consortium, despite him knowing he is hated by most, if not all of us. He must realise he will not be accepted by us.

Those of us at the SC meeting on Sunday witnessed a smiling Mike Lloyd. Despite him knowing that admin was looming he still decided to turn up! He was simply offering more lies, more excuses and more spin.

What of Oliver? A man who simply won't lie down even when he's beaten.

Meigh goes to the press offering cash injections to help the club, something he chose not to do when he knew as a director that we desperately needed money. Instead he decided to block a genuine offer from Mo/Mark and then schemed (in vain) to save his own seat on the Board.

All of the Directors claimed to be Vale fans and yet they destroyed our club. In time will they stand up and make themselves accountable for their actions and failings, for killing the very club they claimed to love? Do they think or hope that now as mere fans they will be accepted back on the terraces to follow the club they claim to support? Do they think/hope that we will forgive and forget and accept them again as one of our own?

How do they now hope to follow a club they claim that they spent a life time supporting?

I hope we've seen the last of the scum, but having witnessed the arrogance of Lloyd and Oliver, I very much doubt it.===

Advert

And do you know, the one ex-director who bore the brunt of fans hatred a couple of years back was not mentioned in your post.....Peter Jackson. It's quite funny how he can now sit in the Lorne Street and watch the match, whilst Oliver and Bratt probably daren't set foot in Vale Park again. I bet Jackson loves that fact.

Now that Port Vale are finally going into administration, I wonder what the ex directors thoughts are about the situation and their plans for the future?

Personally I hope they rot in a prison cell never to be seen again!!... if only.

Miller & Deakin will surface at some other club, hoping to con them and cash in before yet again moving on, like the parasites we know them to be.

But what about Bratt, Lloyd and Oliver? They have been widely condemned by both businessmen and supporters on their handling of club affairs yet with arrogance they deny or accept blame, instead blaming the very people who have kept the club going for 136 years........... us the fans.

There is talk of a Bratt consortium, despite him knowing he is hated by most, if not all of us. He must realise he will not be accepted by us.

Those of us at the SC meeting on Sunday witnessed a smiling Mike Lloyd. Despite him knowing that admin was looming he still decided to turn up! He was simply offering more lies, more excuses and more spin.

What of Oliver? A man who simply won't lie down even when he's beaten.

Meigh goes to the press offering cash injections to help the club, something he chose not to do when he knew as a director that we desperately needed money. Instead he decided to block a genuine offer from Mo/Mark and then schemed (in vain) to save his own seat on the Board.

All of the Directors claimed to be Vale fans and yet they destroyed our club. In time will they stand up and make themselves accountable for their actions and failings, for killing the very club they claimed to love? Do they think or hope that now as mere fans they will be accepted back on the terraces to follow the club they claim to support? Do they think/hope that we will forgive and forget and accept them again as one of our own?

How do they now hope to follow a club they claim that they spent a life time supporting?

I hope we've seen the last of the scum, but having witnessed the arrogance of Lloyd and Oliver, I very much doubt it.===

Just like the deficit deniers in the Labour party--"not our fault guv." Unfortunately, I fear that none of the culpable people in either scenario will ever be brought to book. At least with the Labour party we can withold our votes, but in the case of PV--what we should do is solidly get behind whoever takes the club off the Receiver's hands?

And do you know, the one ex-director who bore the brunt of fans hatred a couple of years back was not mentioned in your post.....Peter Jackson. It's quite funny how he can now sit in the Lorne Street and watch the match, whilst Oliver and Bratt probably daren't set foot in Vale Park again. I bet Jackson loves that fact.

He at least had some control over what was going on. Oliver and Bratt should have been voted off before Jackson and Meigh.

My concern if I was any of these directors ( and even those who have resigned who are not immune) would be that the administrators have to send the Secretary of State a report on the conduct of all directors who were in office in the last 3 years of the company's trading. This could lead to all manner of sanctions against former Directors including disqualification, misfeasance, and wrongful or fraudulent trading.

For example Directors who continue to trade knowing that the company is insolvent and there is no prospect of the situation improving run a serious risk of personal liability for wrongful trading.

Could any of the offences below apply to Directors of the Vale past or present??

-continuing to trade to the detriment of creditors at a time when the company was insolvent

-failure to keep proper accounting records

-failure to prepare and file accounts or make returns to Companies House

-failure to submit tax returns or pay over to the Crown tax or other money due

If so, at the very least they could be looking at disqualification as Directors of a Company and at worst be held personally liable due to wrongful or fraudulent trading. I would also be looking at some of the debts the Directors decided to pay off before others to see whether it constituted a preference. If this is proved then the transaction could be set aside by the courts ( Brewery loan anyone?)

Disqualification can also be applied to those people who have carried out the functions of a director and to shadow directors, so Pezza if you try and argue that you weren't legally a Director of the Company due to your possiblle null and void appointment because of the nil paid shares fiasco perhaps you'd better think again sunshine!!.

Food for thought.;)

I should also have added that wrongful trading is a civil offence which would mean proving Directors had been negligent whereas fraudulent trading as the name implies is a criminal offence which carries up to 10 years imprisonment and/or an unlimited fine. Not that I am suggesting that any of this is the case, but it makes you wonder what can of worms the administrators will open.

My concern if I was any of these directors ( and even those who have resigned who are not immune) would be that the administrators have to send the Secretary of State a report on the conduct of all directors who were in office in the last 3 years of the company's trading. This could lead to all manner of sanctions against former Directors including disqualification, misfeasance, and wrongful or fraudulent trading.

For example Directors who continue to trade knowing that the company is insolvent and there is no prospect of the situation improving run a serious risk of personal liability for wrongful trading.

Could any of the offences below apply to Directors of the Vale past or present??

-continuing to trade to the detriment of creditors at a time when the company was insolvent

-failure to keep proper accounting records

-failure to prepare and file accounts or make returns to Companies House

-failure to submit tax returns or pay over to the Crown tax or other money due

If so, at the very least they could be looking at disqualification as Directors of a Company and at worst be held personally liable due to wrongful or fraudulent trading. I would also be looking at some of the debts the Directors decided to pay off before others to see whether it constituted a preference. If this is proved then the transaction could be set aside by the courts ( Brewery loan anyone?)

Disqualification can also be applied to those people who have carried out the functions of a director and to shadow directors, so Pezza if you try and argue that you weren't legally a Director of the Company due to your possiblle null and void appointment because of the nil paid shares fiasco perhaps you'd better think again sunshine!!.

Food for thought.;)

I'm not suprised Micky was sounding down after the Accy game :unsure:

I know. Unwittingly he was dragged into the whole s**t storm at the time with the best of intentions to keep the Board quorate so that he could carry on doing his job! I would imagine that Micky has taken advice though and his time on the Board was limited, but was also near the time when the Blue Sky deal fiasco was happening.

I hope for pities sake he doesn't end up being dragged down with the rest of those scrotes. He deserves a ****** knighthood or sainthood for his attitude, commitment and leadership during this whole sorry period.:(

Archived