onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale: Crawley move is not for me, says Richards

vale2010

Advert

Crawley's money's running out, hence the offloading of Tubbs and Barnett, and Richards will be more than aware of that.

He's well paid at Vale and is probably confident the administrators will continue to pay him whilst he's here. I don't think he's in a rush to leave us and will stay if our new owners give him a suitable contract but there's obviously a good chance he might be moved on to cut the wage bill whether he likes it or not.

Crawley's money's running out, hence the offloading of Tubbs and Barnett, and Richards will be more than aware of that.

He's well paid at Vale and is probably confident the administrators will continue to pay him whilst he's here. I don't think he's in a rush to leave us and will stay if our new owners give him a suitable contract but there's obviously a good chance he might be moved on to cut the wage bill whether he likes it or not.

How Bob Young was talking this morning there isnt a great amount that would be cut so hopefully it will not be to drastic.

kind of.

i'm beginning to wonder about richards. i know loyalty is a trait that should never be knocked.

but why does this man continue to stay so loyal to such an underperforming club! i think he knows he has it cushy, keeps picking up his goal bonus for bagging peno's. big fish.

i think at some point he owes it to himself to test himself at a higher level again, like he did at the start of his career. maybe i'm being a foolish gimp knocking our leading strikers loyalty to the vale, i know.

i just wonder why the lad possesses such small ambition, does he not back himself?

This guy is becoming a real legend. I say it quietly but once he is gone we will be talking bout this guy in the same vein as the likes of Foyle, Mills, Naylor et al. He's already up there amoungst our top scorers. I really do think we are witnessing one of our historic players.

kind of.

i'm beginning to wonder about richards. i know loyalty is a trait that should never be knocked.

but why does this man continue to stay so loyal to such an underperforming club! i think he knows he has it cushy, keeps picking up his goal bonus for bagging peno's. big fish.

i think at some point he owes it to himself to test himself at a higher level again, like he did at the start of his career. maybe i'm being a foolish gimp knocking our leading strikers loyalty to the vale, i know.

i just wonder why the lad possesses such small ambition, does he not back himself?

He signed his latest contract with us at a time when it looked as though we had a very good chance of promotion under a top Manager.

kind of.

He has family connections with Vale doesn't he?

I fully agree with scvale, he will go down in years to come as a vale legend and we should all treat him well, he has turned down over the years numerous chances to move on and signed new contract on lower wages. Much respect Marc

This guy is becoming a real legend. I say it quietly but once he is gone we will be talking bout this guy in the same vein as the likes of Foyle, Mills, Naylor et al. He's already up there amoungst our top scorers. I really do think we are witnessing one of our historic players.

Couldn't agree more, he does come in for a lot of stick at time, but without him and his goals I would be a lot more scared about this 10 point deduction!

Fair play to Richards for his comments but he clearly says in that piece that hes happy to stay aslong as the manager is here. If anybody else was currently in charge ie (Gannon) he would be on the first train down to crawley. All the players are very loyal to Micky Adams and i think that has shone through on the pitch in recent weeks.

If Crawley come in (which they will) and say to the administrator, we want Richards, how much? I cannot see a possible way in which Richards will be here come the end of the season. There is noway of blocking the move. Once hes gone it will turn other players heads and we will lose our best players of that i have no doubt.

The scariest thing is the prospect of losing Adams imo because if he gets the chop the players will be gone without a doubt. They are here because of him and him only. If he goes it could take 2/3 years to rebuild this club on the playing side of things. That is my biggest fear.

The administrator needs to realise that Adams is by far and away our BIGGEST asset and needs to stay for the future of the playing side. Only time will tell.

Archived