onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mo Chaudry will have us in the Champions League within 10 years

Richard...

Frankly, I would settle for getting out of league 2 right now, and then consolidating to try and get back to where we once belonged. As for 26, 000 cheering us on at a higher level, we will need a lot longer than 10 years, and some huge mindshifts in the Potteries football public (not to mention an end to the recession and a regeneration of local jobs).

It's a lovely dream though....

Advert

Mo's optimism is there for everyone to see- he may not have the hundreds of millions that would catapult us to the summit of the Premiership like Man City but he certainly has the business acumen and hunger to take us as far as possible and we certainly have the fan base to match what Stoke have achieved and perhaps go one step further.

I've been keeping a keen eye on his Facebook page that is littered with hope and a future for this club. Mo knows where we all want to be-competing at the highest level with Stoke. Champions League is not impossible in my opinion. Just imagine- 26,000 roaring Vale fans backing Mickey and the lads against the likes of Barcelona. I'm not being unrealistic as it would obviously require slow, organic growth to achieve this. Anyone agree?

Ill have what he's on ;)

A Nice thought but to be honest I would be happy with a club that can be challenging at the top of Div 1, such is the change that we have seen in football finances in the last 10 years, I don't think that we have the following to hold our own in the championship..... :unsure:

I know the OP has made a crazy statement, but I'm sorry, we have held our own in the championship before, and there is no reason why we could not do it again. Circumstances may have changed in modern day football, but it doesn't mean people aren't willing to go and watch quality like they were before.

There was a thread not long ago stating lots of teams that have lower average attendances than us, but are in higher leagues than us. Why could we not do the same? If we were at the top of L1 in a few years pushing for the championship (with a massive turn around), we could have 7/8000 easy per game I reckon. Especially if we've previously hit over 8000 for a big game in L2.

I'm not saying it'd happen any time soon, but replace the original post with championship talk instead of champions league, and I'm sure the reactions would be a lot different.

Mo's optimism is there for everyone to see- he may not have the hundreds of millions that would catapult us to the summit of the Premiership like Man City but he certainly has the business acumen and hunger to take us as far as possible and we certainly have the fan base to match what Stoke have achieved and perhaps go one step further.

I've been keeping a keen eye on his Facebook page that is littered with hope and a future for this club. Mo knows where we all want to be-competing at the highest level with Stoke. Champions League is not impossible in my opinion. Just imagine- 26,000 roaring Vale fans backing Mickey and the lads against the likes of Barcelona. I'm not being unrealistic as it would obviously require slow, organic growth to achieve this. Anyone agree?

What have you been taking/drinking/sniffing?

Imagine a club that is driven by a successful businessman in Mo Chaudry who possesses all the qualities that we have all been wanting- honestly, passion and transparency. Not just when dealing with fans but dealing with sponsors and investors.

Consider the amicable approach that Mo has taken towards this takeover and how the same professional approach, together with his business acumen, could be utilised to take us all the way.

Looks like not quite everyone thinks the journey to Champions league glory will be quite as easy as you seem to think Richard. Might it be better to concentrate on keeping our L2 status safe first.

If our threadbare squad fail to win against Burton or Barnet, and morale somewhat understandably drops, then with away games at Crawley, Swindon, Shrewsbury and Torquay left, the 50 point target needed after the admin deduction starts to look a little worrying.

Imagine a club that is driven by a successful businessman in Mo Chaudry who possesses all the qualities that we have all been wanting- honestly, passion and transparency. Not just when dealing with fans but dealing with sponsors and investors.

Consider the amicable approach that Mo has taken towards this takeover and how the same professional approach, together with his business acumen, could be utilised to take us all the way.

Take us all the way to where????????? Come on

Archived