onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

why should we bother

FRITTER

To all those muppets who blame SEO and FANS think on.

The board are there to manage financial affairs at the Club.

Not the ******* fans!

Think yourselves lucky Micky has pulled a few results from the bag because if results were poor attendances would and will be affected far more than SEO by people such as some of these loyal fans who won't go to watch a losing team like I have done over the years.

Many who criticise SEO are worse, I would question their loyalty, many who criticise are on freebies anyway

There will be no next season if the current situation exists

Advert

Im not sure i agree with that, you cant say that SEO are the most passionate fans just because you protest, its like saying that your better fans all over again. The stuff were watching at the moment is decent as well, shame that we are still being run by these ***** who dont have a clue and are ruining the club.
Why don't you come to supporters club meetings and make your presence felt then?. In my book Melv is a great supporter. He bought his ST but because of the way the club is being run refuses to attend games. Some will sneer but you must admire his principles!.

So are the saying SEO is the reason your club may be on the brink?
No the board of directors will have that dubious distinction because they could have acted differently on several occasions. First the the 2011 EGM when they should have handed over the reins but due to their underhand tactics 'slipped the noose'. They were warned that SEO would bring them to their knees but they sneered and claimed ST sales were only slightly less than the previous campaign. This has now proved to be a total farce.

It was Bratt and his board who doubled the manager's wages and then brought in two dispicable people, conmen of the highest degree who increased the wage bill by approx £250,000. How the hell they hoped to make ends meet when the club lost nearly £400,000 the year before by adding an extra £375,000 to the annual expenditure.

No if you want to know who have taken the club to the edge of the cliff look at this board and don't blame SEO for not joining their one way trip to oblivion.

The blame game from both sides is bordering on pathetic. Get a grip.

SEO was and still is a controversial tactic. It was only ever backed by a minority, possibly a large minority but I am unconvinced more than a few hundred people would return if the board resigned tomorrow. I think the majority of the 1000 or so staying away are not being political but are just fed up with everything Port Vale, from the crap games to the boardroom shambles to the negativity from fans.

SEO was always going to put the club on the brink if the board did not go. Why be so defensive about it? If admin serves the purpose of getting rid of the board, and that's been the focus talked about time and again, then surely SEO should be proud?

In the end, it has been a game of Brinkmanship between protest groups and the board. It now seems that both sides feel they have nothing left to lose, so ultimately Port Vale FC is about to disappear.

Everybody, from the board to the fans should take there share of the blame. The board 90% the fans 10%.

I will be at VP on Tuesday, because you never know, it might be the last time I can go down Hamil Road to watch Port Vale FC!

At what point does SEO end and non-political general apathy and fans drifting away begin? That's something we will never be able to quantify.

Some supporters may not agree with SEO but prefer to spend their Saturday afternoons up mountains and the like.

I might see you in the pub beforehand mate if you're knocking about, away from all the internet silliness.

The SEO campaign and its supporters can not absolve themselves of a small amount of blame though.

The point was to financially damage the club in order to remove the board.

To be fair to SEO, the damage is minute compared to how the club has been run.

I am also to blame for the closure of Woolworths as well? If the customers are not happy they do not go, the board did not heed the warning that there would be fewer customers, instead they increased the forecast gates over the previous average and so increased the budget, meaning bigger losses. SEO have nothing to blame themselves for.======

At what point does SEO end and non-political general apathy and fans drifting away begin? That's something we will never be able to quantify.

Some supporters may not agree with SEO but prefer to spend their Saturday afternoons up mountains and the like.

I might see you in the pub beforehand mate if you're knocking about, away from all the internet silliness.

That's exactly the point Santa. There is no way of knowing where the boundaries between SEO and apathy lie. That's why when I read people claiming that if the board resigned tomorrow we would have a 10k crowd against Crewe, it's just rhetoric.

I have been part of SEO however in the last few months I have found myself less politically motivated and more apathetic towards the club full stop. I have had no desire to go to a a game for no other reason than I stopped enjoying it. I will go on Tuesday because I feel a pull, it could be because it's Crewe, it could be that I feel it the right thing to do.

SEO though will continue, we can only hope that admin is staved off until March 13th because I would rather the interim board have influence over such proceedings than Mike Lloyd and Glenn Oliver.

I never supported the seo but don't want this untrustworthy board to remain & i don't blame seo for the trouble we are in. Everyone has the right to protest in the way they feel is right. The board needs to go and we need a fresh start. Yesterday at the match i was talking to a guy who was a shareholder and said he will vote for the board to stay, i asked why and he said he thinks the board have done no wrong and its all business and the protesters know nothing about business.

Unbelievable

I never supported the seo but don't want this untrustworthy board to remain & i don't blame seo for the trouble we are in. Everyone has the right to protest in the way they feel is right. The board needs to go and we need a fresh start. Yesterday at the match i was talking to a guy who was a shareholder and said he will vote for the board to stay, i asked why and he said he thinks the board have done no wrong and its all business and the protesters know nothing about business.

Unbelievable

I believe, from a reliable source, he is now safely back in his room receiving medication.

You need to be clear about what you do not like, what is the "product"?

I am 99% sure the answer to that question is the board and the way it runs the club.

Now lets be honest, followers of SEO have not watched their team at home but the club has continued to be run in the same manner, if not worse, so what has been achieved?

With the way the board have performed and behaved some of the fans have scored some massive own goals when it comes to PR to the point where other fans still side with the board.

The main cause of any business decline is fewer customers, SEO highlighted the disatisfaction with how the club was run, nothing will be achieved until there is a change from a reckless spending spree by the board.

Unbelievable

These are the people that need to be educated rather than ridiculed.

Unbelievable

That guy must be on a day release from harplands it makes my blood boil that someone still thinks like that.They really do deserve the club they have got at the moment.

The main cause of any business decline is fewer customers, SEO highlighted the disatisfaction with how the club was run, nothing will be achieved until there is a change from a reckless spending spree by the board.

I would argue losing control of overheads and failing to manage cash flow are the main enemy of business.

People seem to get away with incinuating that as soon as the board is removed the gates will increase by 1000s and all will be resolved. It is simply untrue and I often wonder why none of the more respected campaign leaders never correct this. It does nothing to help the credibility of the cause.

Chin up, Fritter. The two happy clappers got to me last night too. The simple fact of the matter is that Port Vale Football Club has been losing money season after season for a few years now. One only has to look at the financial reports, especially since 2007. These losses with made with decent average home gates of 5 -5,500 fans. Starve 'Em Out has ran for 18 months. If my four-year-old daughter goes down with a sickness bug, I'm not going to serve her up chicken curry and chips for her dinner! To enable her to get better, I'd starve her for 24 hours, give her plenty of water and rehydrate drinks and allow the bug to run it's course. Then maybe start her on dry toast, a sandwich etc until she got her appetite back. Zack and Malcolm don't grasp this concept.

Archived