Fosse69

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester Utd

8 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Which way is the wind?

Seems to be more against us at the moment.

Ref is now booking Legge for a tackle.  3 cards to us and none to Colchester and they have done some soft fouls as well and not got booked yet.  Are we actually going to finish with 11 players on the pitch.

Edited by PVFC764

Full credit to the ref.  He has booked two of their players.  One for a previous foul and he waved play on and then one on Joyce.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Full credit to the ref.  He has booked two of their players.  One for a previous foul and he waved play on and then one on Joyce.  

I suspect this REF is a Tadd BETTER than  Mr KETTLE HEAD......😁😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fosse69 said:

HT 1-0 survived a battering ?

Not at all, only from the wind. We've had the much better chances, they've just lumped balls into the box from corners that we've dealt with well so far.

Wouldn’t say we were battered for all the half. For a good 20 minutes they couldn’t get to grips with our midfield and the movement of Burgess and Conlon (who’s been excellent). There management and players really looked liked they didn’t know how to cope with lots of gesticulating and moaning to each other. Browne has done well but should maybe back himself to take his man on a bit more. They had a spell of pressure for the next 15 or 20 mins and I thought it was ably assisted by the weather when they forced a series of corners. But we stood up to it. Smiths done well out of position, of course he’s not going to make the runs of Clark or gibbo, but he’s slotted in well and done a job. Montys shown the good and bad with some great defending and some rash challenges too that have put us under pressure. The ref seems intent on dishing cards early, at this rate we’ll be lucky to finish with all 22 on the pitch. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gavcradd said:

Not at all, only from the wind. We've had the much better chances, they've just lumped balls into the box from corners that we've dealt with well so far.

Thanks for that, text commentaries can be misleading, so lumping it in with the wind.

I hope we get another because I can’t see these not scoring. Got some very big players and have caused problems off set-plays but also have players prepared to run at people. I’ll be amazed if we finish with the full 11, the ref is penalising us for everything and not taking the conditions in account.

Whilst we’ve been under the cosh a bit we’ve played some good stuff at times. Cullen has played very intelligently and linked up with Browne, Monty and Conlon really well.

Edited by Biddulph_PV

Vale need to stop conceding corners/free kicks and we should be OK. If the wind stays blowing to the Bycars end I fancy a Monty screamer..

• Like 1

Referees talk. It wouldn't be beyond belief if Kettle and Doughty had compared notes to our disadvantage. Always remember Micky saying you could never win with refs. Hope I'm wrong.

23 minutes ago, sheffield61 said:

I suspect this REF is a Tadd BETTER than  Mr KETTLE HEAD......😁😂

A lads and dads ref would be better than him.

• Like 1