Ohh, don't let it get away

I'm gonna zip up my guitar

'n then when I've gone too far

I'm gonna zip down my guitar

Magnet draw day from dark

Sun zoom spark

Sun zoom spark

:ohmy:

It shouldn't go against Mark Grew that he comes 'for free' if he gets results and motivates the players well. Today was a good start.

Nor should the fact that Glover and Foyle largely failed (a bit unfair on Foyle perhaps who had his moments) count against Grew, who is also an 'old-boy' but is a totally different personality.

I was very impressed that he had the ballz to rest Gary Roberts today, knowing that a proportion of supporters wouldn't like it. Grew picked the best team today and was very unlucky to only end up with a point.

There is no reason why Vale shouldn't beat both Lincoln and then win at Chesterfield where being the away team and defending well then piching a winner will be the key.

So let's wait a while and not rush into another rash appointment.

Latest.................

■John Coleman – 3/1

■Geoff Horsfield – 7/2

■Keith Downing or Mark Grew – 5/1

■Ronnie Moore – 7/1

■Brian Laws – 9/1

■Danny Wilson – 10/1

■Mark McGhee – 10/1

■Paul Trollope – 10/1

■Michael Appleton – 12/1

■Neil McDonald – 12/1

■Alan Knill – 14/1

■Bloke with Laptop - 25/1

No particularly exciting names being thrown around apart from Boothroyd and possibly Danny Wilson. I'd like to think our potential to attract someone bigger would grow if Mo were to take charge. Until then, I'm happy for Grew to handle things if it means causing few ripples and looking after the pennies.

Archived