v Southend: the score today?; other pre game stuff; the game itself

PVTony

Advert:

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's the only system that we can put out with the inadequate squad we have left.

We have no wingers and three senior centre-halves.

We could put out a 4-4-2 system, so I think Micky is trying to avoid a battering.

Not sure where rigg will be playing. He isn't a centre mid, so are we going 5-2-3? 5-2-1-2?

We could put out a 4-4-2 system, so I think Micky is trying to avoid a battering.

Not sure where rigg will be playing. He isn't a centre mid, so are we going 5-2-3? 5-2-1-2?

I favour that to a 4-4-2 with no wide men of any quality.

Rigg played superbly as the attacking midfielder in a midfield 3 in the same formation against Brizzle.

Advert:

It's the only system that we can put out with the inadequate squad we have left.

We have no wingers and three senior centre-halves.

For me, the biggest mistake of the season was not signing a right winger once Haldane got injured.

The squad is so imbalanced. We've got one right back, one left back, we had 4 centre halves when Chilvers was here, no right wingers, one left winger and about 5 strikers.

For me, the biggest mistake of the season was not signing a right winger once Haldane got injured.

The squad is so imbalanced. We've got one right back, one left back, we had 4 centre halves when Chilvers was here, no right wingers, one left winger and about 5 strikers.

Agree completely and it looked like Micky was trying to address that over the course of the last month or so :(

The bench, Williamson aside looks **** poor.

Southend in form at the minute, vale are rock bottom player wise,I can't see anything but a Southend win, I will go for 3-1 I pray it could be vale,just wishful thinking.

Actually they are'nt in form at the minute and Cheltenham have overtaken them in 2nd place.

Advert:

Last four home games for Southend.

against Dag & Red 1-1

against Bradford 0-1

against Swindon 1-2

against Oldham 1-1

against Bristol 1-1.

They have not won in the last five home games.

Has the Vale team got a chance?

Southend in form at the minute, vale are rock bottom player wise,I can't see anything but a Southend win, I will go for 3-1 I pray it could be vale,just wishful thinking.

Southend are out of form - 1 win in 5 at the moment.

They have had a lift with their signings this week though

Oops just seen the post above in detail - I was being generous

Last four home games for Southend.

against Dag & Red 1-1

against Bradford 0-1

against Swindon 1-2

against Oldham 1-1

against Bristol 1-1.

They have not won in the last five home games.

Has the Vale team got a chance?

Of course we've got a chance, their home form is crap at the moment and we seem to be better away from Vale Park. Its football and anything can happen. The players should all be playing for their futures. If not many of them will be playing in non league or out of football all together next season.

Advert:

Southend could be feeling down after not winning at home in five games.

They may be remembering that the Vale won here last year as well.

Vale playing five at the back.

Block the penalty area off pack the defence.

Vale will have to depend on a break away. Other teams have done this successfully against the Vale.

Come on Vale ! Up the Vale!

Archived