onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Removal of the board

Bluedevil

As protestors and disgruntled fans we've been far too 'nice' and diplomatic towards the board members.

If this protest had been at Stoke, these problems would have been solved swiftly, months ago.

Oliver and Lloyd will take abuse from fans all day long because they are used to it and don't really feel under threat. Even the older members of V2001 feel comfortable and confident enough to have another go at taking over!

Most Vale fans will feel that the battle is won now that Miller and Deakin are on the way out and won't really mind if Meigh and Bratt sneak back in as long as they can 'just watch the football'.

The lack of unity amongst the Vale fanbase is the boards biggest strength!

Advert

As protestors and disgruntled fans we've been far too 'nice' and diplomatic towards the board members.

If this protest had been at Stoke, these problems would have been solved swiftly, months ago.

Oliver and Lloyd will take abuse from fans all day long because they are used to it and don't really feel under threat. Even the older members of V2001 feel comfortable and confident enough to have another go at taking over!

Most Vale fans will feel that the battle is won now that Miller and Deakin are on the way out and won't really mind if Meigh and Bratt sneak back in as long as they can 'just watch the football'.

The lack of unity amongst the Vale fanbase is the boards biggest strength![/QUOTE]

I disagree with that bit mate, I think Vale fans are now more together than ever before.

The lack of unity amongst the Vale fanbase is the boards biggest strength![/QUOTE]

I disagree with that bit mate, I think Vale fans are now more together than ever before.

We've got Vale fans offering Oliver a red-card, when a Stoke fan would have put him on his backside - thats the difference.

People keep saying 'if I see that Oliver I'll show him......' and when they do come face-to-face with him all they do is give him a piece of red paper.

Vale fans aren't united enough to pressurise this board. I would say that 15% are passionate about their removal, 30% would like change and the rest really don't have a clue whats going on at Vale on or off the pitch.

I just think the longer it goes like this, the bigger the chance that someone will take the law in to their own hands and take direct action. If that board could whiff even a smidgeon of the hatred and resentment we have towards them, they would be genuinely worried. As it stands, if they thin they can blag it out, fine - but they will get their come uppance, one day, in this world or the next. Sorry Russell.

We've got Vale fans offering Oliver a red-card, when a Stoke fan would have put him on his backside - thats the difference.

People keep saying 'if I see that Oliver I'll show him......' and when they do come face-to-face with him all they do is give him a piece of red paper.

Vale fans aren't united enough to pressurise this board. I would say that 15% are passionate about their removal, 30% would like change and the rest really don't have a clue whats going on at Vale on or off the pitch.

I disagree with your percentages I would say 70%-80% want full change. Not having a clue and not wanting change are not the same thing.

I disagree with your percentages I would say 70%-80% want full change. Not having a clue and not wanting change are not the same thing.

There are literally hundreds and hundreds of Vale fans who still think that Bratt is Vale through and through and that he had nothing but good intentions for the club. The same people will sit and clap any old rubbish week after week, put up with poor facilities year after year, get fleeced with shoddy merchandise season after season, and sadly a lot of them don't want a Pakistani chairman.

This club and large elements of the fanbase are trapped in a timewarp.

There are literally hundreds and hundreds of Vale fans who still think that Bratt is Vale through and through and that he had nothing but good intentions for the club. The same people will sit and clap any old rubbish week after week, put up with poor facilities year after year, get fleeced with shoddy merchandise season after season, and sadly a lot of them don't want a Pakistani chairman.

I think that, sadly, you are only too right - and they have that in common with a fair chunk of this city - the fanbase reflects the communities from which they are drawn - and the old board had / have the same background and views.

Bratt and others were very supportive of VAR at times, but I always got the feeling that they were more accepting of Black players than of those from other ethnic groups...but then there are few players from those other groups at the league level.

Lee,

There are certainly more fans onside with the same aim of getting rid of the Board but when giving out the red cards today I was amazed how many people said that they thought it was already over now that Deakin and Miller had gone so were not interested in the red card show to the Directors. One guy was even offensive and thought that the demonstrations were stupid and that we all should get a life and that he was only interested in supporting the team. It is sad that no matter what is done or said that fans are still blind to what is going on and when the club goes to the wall they will no doubt blame us and not gits running our club.

Lee,

There are certainly more fans onside with the same aim of getting rid of the Board but when giving out the red cards today I was amazed how many people said that they thought it was already over now that Deakin and Miller had gone so were not interested in the red card show to the Directors. One guy was even offensive and thought that the demonstrations were stupid and that we all should get a life and that he was only interested in supporting the team. It is sad that no matter what is done or said that fans are still blind to what is going on and when the club goes to the wall they will no doubt blame us and not gits running our club.

Vale fans in thick as pig **** shocker!

I just think the longer it goes like this, the bigger the chance that someone will take the law in to their own hands and take direct action. If that board could whiff even a smidgeon of the hatred and resentment we have towards them, they would be genuinely worried. As it stands, if they thin they can blag it out, fine - but they will get their come uppance, one day, in this world or the next. Sorry Russell.

I hope someone puts Oliver on his backside on Monday

This.

Lee,

I had similar comments, such as yeah, holding up a red card's gonna get rid of them, they've gone so whats the problem, I'm only interested in the 11 on the pitch, I trust this lot more than Mo were just a handful of comments

Having said that, 90% either already had cards, took cards or went out of their way to ask for them, unfortunately it was difficult to see how many actually could be bothered to hold them up - but there waas a point to them, notably on the 17th when it showed that the vast majority of Vale fans want this board gone

Regards Bluedevils comments, mocking people giving out red cards to Oliver and saying people should resort to breaking the law, assaulting people etc?

Can I ask him how many people he asaulted today or is he just suggesting other people should do that rather than giving out red cards?

If individuals carry out their own actions that are illegal I couldn't condone them although I could certainly understand them and empathise with their frustration.

Bluedevil, please tell us what you'll be doing after Monday's match or will it be nothing again and coming on here to moan about others also doing nothing?

Archived