onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Removal of the board

Bluedevil

I had similar comments, such as yeah, holding up a red card's gonna get rid of them, they've gone so whats the problem, I'm only interested in the 11 on the pitch, I trust this lot more than Mo were just a handful of comments

Having said that, 90% either already had cards, took cards or went out of their way to ask for them, unfortunately it was difficult to see how many actually could be bothered to hold them up - but there waas a point to them, notably on the 17th when it showed that the vast majority of Vale fans want this board gone

Regards Bluedevils comments, mocking people giving out red cards to Oliver and saying people should resort to breaking the law, assaulting people etc?

Can I ask him how many people he asaulted today or is he just suggesting other people should do that rather than giving out red cards?

If individuals carry out their own actions that are illegal I couldn't condone them although I could certainly understand them and empathise with their frustration.

Bluedevil, please tell us what you'll be doing after Monday's match or will it be nothing again and coming on here to moan about others also doing nothing?

What I am saying is we are fighting a losing battle trying to shame people like Glenn Oliver and Mike Lloyd into resigning. I'm not encouraging any violence, but I'm sick of people threatening what they'll do if they get hold of Glenn etc.. and then do nothing when they get their opportunity.

Advert

I had similar comments, such as yeah, holding up a red card's gonna get rid of them, they've gone so whats the problem, I'm only interested in the 11 on the pitch, I trust this lot more than Mo were just a handful of comments

Having said that, 90% either already had cards, took cards or went out of their way to ask for them, unfortunately it was difficult to see how many actually could be bothered to hold them up - but there waas a point to them, notably on the 17th when it showed that the vast majority of Vale fans want this board gone

Regards Bluedevils comments, mocking people giving out red cards to Oliver and saying people should resort to breaking the law, assaulting people etc?

Can I ask him how many people he asaulted today or is he just suggesting other people should do that rather than giving out red cards?

If individuals carry out their own actions that are illegal I couldn't condone them although I could certainly understand them and empathise with their frustration.

Bluedevil, please tell us what you'll be doing after Monday's match or will it be nothing again and coming on here to moan about others also doing nothing?

totally agree on all fronts. I can not believe that a thread with remove the board is basically calling for more aggressive and illegal action. Red cards worked on one level and was publicity. The real work is the strategy that will take place to remove them. We are in a very pivotal and delicate situation. Any anger from fans from being on this site to the physical world will give them the ammunition ie the law. And that is what we want to use against them! They have no place on the moral high ground- the supporters do!

What I am saying is we are fighting a losing battle trying to shame people like Glenn Oliver and Mike Lloyd into resigning. I'm not encouraging any violence, but I'm sick of people threatening what they'll do if they get hold of Glenn etc.. and then do nothing when they get their opportunity.

Yes, but your comments talked as if those offereing Oliver red cards had previously said they were up for assaulting him when that wasn't the case.

I offered Oliver a red card, I followed him around to the main entrance, I have never threatened violence so I certainly wasn't all talk deciding to just hand out red cards when push came to shove as you seemed to be suggesting.

The purpose of the original red card protest was to see how widespread the dissatisfaction with the Board was by making the protest very easy for everyone. It was a response to Miller claiming that those opposed to him we're only a couple of people who were misinformed. In that sense it achieved it's objective. It was never intended as a means of removing the Board. It was intended to show the strength of feeling against them. The work to remove them is being done behind the scenes and should be left to those with the necessary expertise rather than some loon with a lump hammer.

The purpose of the original red card protest was to see how widespread the dissatisfaction with the Board was by making the protest very easy for everyone. It was a response to Miller claiming that those opposed to him we're only a couple of people who were misinformed. In that sense it achieved it's objective. It was never intended as a means of removing the Board. It was intended to show the strength of feeling against them. The work to remove them is being done behind the scenes and should be left to those with the necessary expertise rather than some loon with a lump hammer.

Well said Jean.

Can anyone explain what goes through Glenn's head? None of it makes sense, how can a so called fan allow this to happen?:unsure:

Glenn lives in a parallel universe where everything he does is clearly in the best intersts of Vale and he is loved by all.

Who says the drugs don't work?!!

What about a toffee hammer Jean.:D

Archived