onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fans Forum with new owners

robf

I think as long as season ticket holders dont mind they should a cheap home end (bycars)ok it means the away end would have be priced the same but if only 99 away fans coming (say Stevenage etc ),then it aint going make a lot of difference to the gate but if its cheaper get in the away following could treble etc which would mean more home support would come out creating more atmosphere and more energy for the players hopefully .

Ten match tickets i will gladly get one even though id only go maybe 4 max games a season and ill buy me son a full season ticket ,as last season didnt bother and only got my son a ten match one as what i witnessed on the whole the season before hand was nothing short of abysmal.

Hope the club grows again and folk encouragd as a one wholeheartly and whatever kev and carol do is successful and they get the support they totally deserve .

UTV

Advert

Good shout.

I want to have the comfort of being a mid table non entity with a glimmer of the play offs.

Not sure i can take many more games like Chesterfield and Notts County at my age !!

The rest will follow, i just want a competitive team that never has to worry about Braintree or Spennymoor rocking up at Vale Park.

If there is improvement on last season.... on and off the pitch...... I will be happy.

I would guess it will be 3-5 years before we really start to bite as a club..... I'm happy with that too.

It's a long road up a mountain but step by step I think they can achieve it.

If they can put a 1000 on the gate that can be worth £400,000 or thereabouts whether STs or walk-ups. So more funds to start the climb back, the more that come the more solid the climb on the pitch.

100% mate..... the more people that turn up the less baggage you carry.

I think as long as season ticket holders dont mind they should a cheap home end (bycars)ok it means the away end would have be priced the same but if only 99 away fans coming (say Stevenage etc ),then it aint going make a lot of difference to the gate but if its cheaper get in the away following could treble etc which would mean more home support would come out creating more atmosphere and more energy for the players hopefully .

Ten match tickets i will gladly get one even though id only go maybe 4 max games a season and ill buy me son a full season ticket ,as last season didnt bother and only got my son a ten match one as what i witnessed on the whole the season before hand was nothing short of abysmal.

Hope the club grows again and folk encouragd as a one wholeheartly and whatever kev and carol do is successful and they get the support they totally deserve .

UTV

I have always thought the Bycars should be cheaper, most clubs charge more for side views. As you say reduced prices at the Hamil end would not have much effect with small gates, but there are alternatives. Keep the price the same but issue a loyalty card to anyone buying tickets for two different games, later games would be a reduced price. I assume the advance discount by buying before match day would still remain.

Don't be a smartarse Phil. Yes there are detail differences but essentially it's the same one.

That’s why I used the phrase ‘not quite’. The badge back in the 60s also had a bit of colour although I would not like red again.

Like the idea of the Burslem crest, as you do, but as others have said I ‘m more interested on what we do on the pitch. Anyway, just bought a polo shirt with the current badge on.

If you use a badge that essentially belongs to someone else then you can have issues with intellectual property and protecting your own trademarks. I think that's why a number of clubs have moved away from using their town's coat of arms.

Kevin reminds me of a teacher I had in primary school, lovely bloke but we knew that if we asked him a question he'd go off on a story time and actually forget what the question was by the end.

The 3 words question was quite a funny moment for me, I assumed i'd missed the next question but then 10 minutes after starting to answer it he summed it up with something like "so my third word would be..."

Garlick looks like a massive weight (no pun intended) has been lifted. You can tell he'd been biting his tongue under Smurf.

I hope that there are plenty more staff who will get the freedom and support required to do their jobs.

Kevin reminds me of a teacher I had in primary school, lovely bloke but we knew that if we asked him a question he'd go off on a story time and actually forget what the question was by the end.

The 3 words question was quite a funny moment for me, I assumed i'd missed the next question but then 10 minutes after starting to answer it he summed it up with something like "so my third word would be..."

Garlick looks like a massive weight (no pun intended) has been lifted. You can tell he'd been biting his tongue under Smurf.

I hope that there are plenty more staff who will get the freedom and support required to do their jobs.

I got the impression he didn’t like Carol announcing that the squad would be smaller so more Wonga per player. I suspect he wouldn’t want agents to know that when negotiating.

Archived