onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Board meeting last night.

vale in the blood

Advert

Challenged in what way ? Do you honestly believe Deakin and Co will answer the questions properly,when they dont what then?

here we go again.......so it will depend on what you think a "proper" answer is, or will the questions be the kind it's not possible to answer properly? Why does it have to always be a confrontation with some people??

I would like to think that the SC will be a bit more open minded than that....maybe my mistake.

Looks like you won't believe any answers you get anyway, unless they back up what you believe, so I'll not bother explaining what I might have meant by challenged.......

Jean, in the end it comes down to opinions, and those are different. You see the three (or two plus Oliver) as the old regime - and I see them as part of a new regime that no longer includes Jackson and now Bratt and possibly Meigh. With Oliver leaving, supposedly, at least, then the only board member present in both "team photographs" is Lloyd. Deakin is in both, but in different roles.

According to your "analysis" the only way anyone could get anything like a clean slate is to not include anyone at all who had anything to do with what was there before. I presume you'd also prefer it if all the former directors had sold their shares so they could never influence anything - but who could they have sold them to?

In relation to Meigh, there were a few folk on here - many of whom generally agree with the points you make - looking to him to use his shareholding to support a campaign against the "current" board. I was suggesting that those same voices would be happy to have the support of Jackson etc if the end result was to get rid of the current board. That's my reason for connecting the two, and the lack of principles involved in an alliance with the old guard.......

I don't have a problem with anyone wanting the club in the right hands, but in the end, it's not about "ethical and professional" it's about who YOU , and your friends, think is "ethical and professional" and that's not the same thing.

To be honest, I don't consider any of the proposed suitors, bidders, call them what you will, to be any more ethical and professional than the others.......with the exception of the old board, led by Bratt, who were neither. I'm pretty confident that you won't agree with me about that either, but that's what debate is about.

In the end, it will be be clear whether or not things are as they appear - to either of us.

I fully accept that the chances of achieving ethical and professional leadership at the club are slim. That is, however, what I (not my friends or anyone else you care to mention) would like to see. The fact that it may not be attainable in this day and age is no reason why we shouldn't at least have it as a dream.

I agree with you completely that we have not seen it at Vale recently and, despite what you may say, I am absolutely convinced we are not seeing it at the moment. I have genuine fears for the future of the club - and this is not because I want a particular individual to take over - it is because I believe the club may be in a situation in the near future where control of its destiny is taken out of its hands. We have seen this happen at other clubs and, whilst we may have had concerns, we were confident that at least the blokes in charge were fans. Now we don't even have that safety net. We have guys in charge with no feeling for or affiliation to the club who will simply walk away if things go wrong. They won't have to face the fans because they won't be here.

Are you really happy with blokes in charge who have done nothing but lie and deceive since they took the reins?

here we go again.......so it will depend on what you think a "proper" answer is, or will the questions be the kind it's not possible to answer properly? Why does it have to always be a confrontation with some people??

I would like to think that the SC will be a bit more open minded than that....maybe my mistake.

Looks like you won't believe any answers you get anyway, unless they back up what you believe, so I'll not bother explaining what I might have meant by challenged.......

IF they back up their answer then there can be no dispute.

Jean, I'm glad we have agreed on a few things, and the debate is constructive.......I'm not saying the current lot are ethical and professional, but I'm equally not convinced that they have "done nothing but lie and deceive since they took the reins" - not yet, anyway.

You may be in possession of different information from what I know, in which case either I'll bow to your superior wisdom (when I find out the truth for myself) - or there are things that you suspect that may or may not be true, and as far as I'm concerned, a lot of those are rumours with no real substantiation.

I think that there are legitimate concerns about a number of things, I always have thought so, but I'm not a subscriber to the world view that assumes anything and everything negative that pops up is true either.......and sometimes the way you ask a question makes it obvious that's what you think.

I'd rather have someone in charge who was both a fan and an effective business person, but I'd be happier with the latter than the former, if it was a choice of one or the other.

I do get the concern about the A word, but I'm equally not convinced that it is any more likely to happen now than it was before.......I could be wrong, but so could anyone else......

At some point I guess we will end up agreeing on a lot of things, but maybe that point hasn't arrived yet. I don't know which way the answer will go eventually.......

What do you mean " Here we go again" the proper answer will be YES we have paid for our shares or NO we havent.

No confrontation on my part,I just want a yes or no and what do you think I believe ? I would like a Yes then we can move on .....I'm not holding my breath

What do you mean " Here we go again" the proper answer will be YES we have paid for our shares or NO we havent.

No confrontation on my part,I just want a yes or no and what do you think I believe ? I would like a Yes then we can move on .....I'm not holding my breath

Ok....I just got the impression you were of the opinion you wouldn't get a straight answer. If they said yes, would you believe them, or, like some on here, would you go on to ask them to prove it?

Best not to hold your breath, to be honest....by thursday you could be a very nasty shade of purple and blue......might look good as a goalie top, but as a skin shade it leaves a lot to be desired.......

Ok....I just got the impression you were of the opinion you wouldn't get a straight answer. If they said yes, would you believe them, or, like some on here, would you go on to ask them to prove it?

Best not to hold your breath, to be honest....by thursday you could be a very nasty shade of purple and blue......might look good as a goalie top, but as a skin shade it leaves a lot to be desired.......

The reason why people have started to ask for them to prove it is simply because of the many things we have been told,been promised but have failed.There is a lack of trust lack of faith.

The reason why people have started to ask for them to prove it is simply because of the many things we have been told,been promised but have failed.There is a lack of trust lack of faith.

I know.....whether right or not, I know......hope we can move on from there soon. One way or the other.

Archived