onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Yesterday's attendance!!

smithie

Advert

We are a small club in the scheme of the 92 and we are fighting a relegation battle out of the entire league. We’ve got an incredibly aging fan base if you look around on a match day and at times it’s hardly conducive to bringing the family sadly given the atmosphere created on occasions. We’ve also got the worst squad in living memory thanks to Brown.

People have choices, they go or they don’t but the last home game prior to Xmas tends to be poorly attended.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

We are a small club in the scheme of the 92 and we are fighting a relegation battle out of the entire league. We’ve got an incredibly aging fan base if you look around on a match day and at times it’s hardly conducive to bringing the family sadly given the atmosphere created on occasions. We’ve also got the worst squad in living memory thanks to Brown.

People have choices, they go or they don’t but the last home game prior to Xmas tends to be poorly attended.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

There's poorly-attended and joke attendance. Yesterday was the latter.

I've said on many occasions, it should be someone's full-time job to increase attendances. 16,000 empty seats yesterday but "hey-ho, that's just the way it is" is the motto at PVFC.

There's poorly-attended and joke attendance. Yesterday was the latter.

I've said on many occasions, it should be someone's full-time job to increase attendances. 16,000 empty seats yesterday but "hey-ho, that's just the way it is" is the motto at PVFC.

That’s just our crap marketing team and the appointment of a huge failure in Chris Turner is hardly likely to help.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

In 30 years ive never known less than 3k vale fans for a Saturday home game. But as already stated, its the worse squad weve probably ever had. Should get 7k boxing day though if Coventry bring 2k plus.

I honestly can't recall the last time it happened. I also think it's nonsense to say it's the worst squad ever....Pope, Worrall and Whitfield are three of the best players in the division.

Well it wasnt a very good attendance at all but its our home form what has created it .

We have being going downhill ever since we lost 4-0 at home to Burton and 5-0 against Walsall the crowds for them games were good but the performances were a shambles and people said they wouldnt return and they havent .

Reap what you sow and all that .

I think Aspo will get the fans back in eventually but ultimately its down to those players who represent us to win matches and win against those deemed to good for us .

Look at Lincoln won against a fair few teams in cup ,national coverage and hey get promotion and get great attendances .

The crowds r the product of the efforts of the players .

Players who r selected by managers and brought by those who recommend them.

The marketing/commercial side of things seems to have a huge turnover in staff - why is that?

You would have to be the best marketing department in the world to promote the dross we have served up in the last two years.

If a cinema put garbage films on every week would they expect full seats ?

If the same cinema put on garbage films, and you had to sit in minus two degrees to watch what would we expect.

We won on Saturday against a dire side was it entertaining ?

3/5

We're in the right division with that sort of "crowd". What an embarrasment to see less than 3000 Vale fans there. It was a perfectly good day for watching football and plenty of other clubs' attendances held up yesterday. We're small-time, it's official.

I was ill, still am, is that okay?

You would have to be the best marketing department in the world to promote the dross we have served up in the last two years.

If a cinema put garbage films on every week would they expect full seats ?

If the same cinema put on garbage films, and you had to sit in minus two degrees to watch what would we expect.

We won on Saturday against a dire side was it entertaining ?

3/5

Just a couple of points - how can anyone know what the outcome of a game is going to be? We'd all stop going if we knew what the game would be like.

Are we now so soft that watching football in the cold is unacceptable?

Archived