onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Yesterday's attendance!!

smithie

There could be many reasons why people choose not to attend... distance, illness, apathy, cost to name but a few... I wouldnt criticise them for their reasons, it is after all their personal choice and circumstance that dictate.

The "corporate" vale however has to sell its product, the idea, the belief, the brand, even the dream... it fails.

Absolutely spot on Geo.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

I have a half hour walk to get to vp. On the walk to the game on sat. I met Vale fans who didn’t know the game was still on, that is down to the marketing or lack of.

If they choose to not find out that is their problem, what is the club supposed to do drive round the north of the Potteries with a loud hailer?

We had a far longer period of no success before the promotion of 2012/13, and crowds never went as low as 3k.

Smurthwaite has no doubt caused a lot of upset but I can't help thinking he's a convenient excuse for the stayaways. Portsmouth, Luton, Blackpool and Orient fans have had far worse times than us but have stayed with their team.

I have a half hour walk to get to vp. On the walk to the game on sat. I met Vale fans who didn’t know the game was still on, that is down to the marketing or lack of.

It was all over social media that they were getting the game on. Local radio were saying it was still on. 5live and talksport were regularly updating listeners on the games that were postponed too. I assume skysports must have been doing the same as well.

I don't see that as a reason to knock the club at all.

We had a far longer period of no success before the promotion of 2012/13, and crowds never went as low as 3k.

Smurthwaite has no doubt caused a lot of upset but I can't help thinking he's a convenient excuse for the stayaways. Portsmouth, Luton, Blackpool and Orient fans have had far worse times than us but have stayed with their team.

People dont need an excuse not to go... give them a reason to go and they might

I think people saw the weather forecast earlier in the week and already started making other plans, as we rarely survive a pitch inspection.

Vale aren't a big enough draw in people's lives at the moment and at this time of year there are enough other things that easily trump it. Even I had to drag myself and even though we won, I don't think I would have regretted staying at home.

Thats a hell of a way to run a business

Wasting money on reaching out to so called supporters who can`t be arsed to find out if a game is on or not is another "hell of a way to run a business".

If people choose not to attend it is up to them and there is very little a club can do about it except improve results and performances.

The club with help from supporters did well to get the game on and should be praised for that and hopefully Saturdays attendance will be a low point not the norm.

Wasting money on reaching out to so called supporters who can`t be arsed to find out if a game is on or not is another "hell of a way to run a business".

If people choose not to attend it is up to them and there is very little a club can do about it except improve results and performances.

It costs nothing to broadcast club news through the club website, social media pages and local papers.

Of course, pre-internet people used to use something called a telephone to call the club and see if the game was on - that option is still there thankfully!

personally I cannot believe people are shocked by the attendance . traditionally the last home game before xmas is always the most poorly attended sat game of the season . the weather was poor , our recent performances have been poor and the lack of a definitive answer from the club over whether the game was on or not combined to confuse matters further.

lets be thankful though that the game took place (special thanks to speedy his staff and supporters who gave up their time to help clear the pitch) . we needed a result and the players delivered , we now need to pick up something in our next couple of away games . UTV .

Archived