onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf appeal

whotobeakiller

And you think he would be allowed to do that I would not bank on that do you think he would get permissions to set a new project up.

Permission would be needed from whom? If he clears the legal obstacles that might be in place (the covenant for example) there would be housing and retail/business developers all over him to do something with the land at VP and I can't see on what grounds someone like the planning authorities would be able to stop him/them (not that I'm a planning expert). If development of the site is his attention I'm fairly certain he'll have got his legal people to do their homework on what is possible/allowable and how to do it by now.

No idea whether he's bricking it or not

Advert

Permission would be needed from whom? If he clears the legal obstacles that might be in place (the covenant for example) there would be housing and retail/business developers all over him to do something with the land at VP and I can't see on what grounds someone like the planning authorities would be able to stop him/them (not that I'm a planning expert). If development of the site is his attention I'm fairly certain he'll have got his legal people to do their homework on what is possible/allowable and how to do it by now.

No idea whether he's bricking it or not

So the clause by the council when we came out of admin that for 25 years VP has to be used as a sports ground does not count?

we shall see if the demise of our club is normans plan to punish us for the verbal abuse we've given him and rightly so for his inability to run the club properly.His approach to club ownership bears a similarity to the seasiders who treat their fans as if they were the detritus the tide brought in,the covenant on the ground would make any new project extremely unlikely any we could probably struggle along in non league like the other relegated league clubs but it wouldn't be good for the club or the supporters even if we build up the commercial side and run the club as a sideline,oh,wait a minute???????????????????????????????????????????????.

Major concern is stoke going into schools giving cheap tickets and tops to attract future fans and target every child in stoke on Trent to there club while we **** about under Norman I said a while back we are a dying club and this will only make it worse

The worry moreso is that whilst Stoke were drawing with the Manchester United, Vale were propping up the football league. It's not even about ticket prices anymore. We're ****** and will have non league support even if we keep our league status.

The good old days will never return now and I'm thankful I've had the times I've had because memories cannot be taken away by cowboy business men.

So the clause by the council when we came out of admin that for 25 years VP has to be used as a sports ground does not count?

As I said "If he clears the legal obstacles that might be in place (the covenant for example)"..so of course it may count if the council enforces it. My concern is could it be changed/removed if there is no longer a football club; covenants can be changed if all parties agree..would the council enforce it if there were no football club leaving another piece of unused derelict land in Burslem or would they prefer a piece of unused land with a derelict/scrapped stadium to be developed when developers are lining up to do what's necessary?

Or does the club just become a small non-league sideline in a small 5K stadium as part of "Burslem Leisure and Retail Park" such that it still meets the demands of the covenant.

No idea what NS has planned but businessmen will do what businessmen do.

But equally " I'm fairly certain he'll have got his legal people to do their homework on what is possible/allowable and how to do it by now."

As I said "If he clears the legal obstacles that might be in place (the covenant for example)"..so of course it may count if the council enforces it. My concern is could it be changed/removed if there is no longer a football club; covenants can be changed if all parties agree..would the council enforce it if there were no football club leaving another piece of unused derelict land in Burslem or would they prefer a piece of unused land with a derelict/scrapped stadium to be developed when developers are lining up to do what's necessary?

Or does the club just become a small non-league sideline in a small 5K stadium as part of "Burslem Leisure and Retail Park" such that it still meets the demands of the covenant.

But equally " I'm fairly certain he'll have got his legal people to do their homework on what is possible/allowable and how to do it by now."

We wait with baited breath:ohmy:

Any business man with half a brain (and some cash)would never allow his business to deteriorate to the extent that it becomes the lowest of low in the country.

Any such business man would source out the root cause. If it be staff, he would replace with better equipped people. He would, if necessary, speculate finances to improve the situation.

A third option would be to sell to the highest bidder to cut his losses and be free from a business that he has insufficient knowledge of and not enough interest or time for.

Dear Mr Smurthwaite,

Have you ever heard of Moor Lane? What about the Lamb Ground? Do they mean anything to you? Well they should because unless you get your act together then you will be visiting those grounds as the owner of Port Vale. A few years ago we played Dartford in the FA Cup, next season we could be playing them in the league. Some fans may not mind a weekend trip to Truro, but I'm not sure that Chelmsford is on our wish list given we are currently playing in the same league as their near neighbours Colchester. 6 years ago we played Stockport in a league game. They are alongside Kidderminster and Darlington in the National League North. Is this where you want to see us go? Do you want to see us potentially one division above the likes of Warrington Town and Witton Albion? Potentially looking at a local derby against Buxton if things don't go well? FA Trophy matches against the likes of Stafford Rangers?

This is all down to you and your poor management of the club. We used to be above the likes of Manchester City and Huddersfield Town 20 years ago, now we look at them and dream. V2001 took us down, you've almost destroyed us. You've taken the fight out of the fans. You've insulted and humiliated us, and made us a laughing stock all around the country. You have made us into a joke. Where do we go from here? We aren't improving under your tenure. On and off the pitch we are going backwards. Even Crewe are being run better than we are, and they have a manager with no coaching qualifications! What have we got?!

I don't know what your plan is or what your game is, but we as a club are losing, and I don't just mean on the pitch. Fans are leaving. You are destroying us. Your legacy will be the destruction of Port Vale. The only place you will be treated as a hero is down the road at Stoke City, and even then most fans will probably pity us and not celebrate our demise. If you want to leave a solid legacy, swallow your pride and sit down and have meaningful discussions with Carol Shanahan. Then sell the club. For a fair price. We are not worth what you want and we will never be while you continue to do things so badly.

Please do the right thing and leave. Now. Before you make it too late. Before you go down in history as the person who destroyed a football club who have survived 141 years.

Bang on the nail "Vale addict", Smurthwaite has a plan and is heading towards his aim/goal. He will put the football club out of business, then get the covenants removed, and have a nice land bank !He has no interest anymore in making the football club a success. Most property developers are in for the long hall, in 5/10 years time he will have his way, and Port vale will be memory.

Bang on the nail "Vale addict", Smurthwaite has a plan and is heading towards his aim/goal. He will put the football club out of business, then get the covenants removed, and have a nice land bank !He has no interest anymore in making the football club a success. Most property developers are in for the long hall, in 5/10 years time he will have his way, and Port vale will be memory.

Spot on! I wonder what all his mates that boozed up with him in Boslem ,in our promotion year ,think of him now. I never trusted him from that first fans meeting where the Twxxxer comment came out!

I see the legal process is lost on you; try a different conspiracy theory because that is just not feasible

I cannot see that Stoke on Trent council would allow Norman the luxury of using the ground for housing.Anyway is it riddled with mine shafts that would cost more to stabilise than the ground is worth.

A couple of years ago before Smurf didn't they pay good money to keep the club afloat after V2001.Port Vale is a community asset that I am sure Stoke on Trent council is needed to keep as a going concern.

Even if Smurfthwaite tries to overturn the covenants I am sure the uproar from disgruntled fans would stop him.

But if he thinks he can come back as our saviour think again he will always be remembered as the guy who nearly drove us into oblivion.

Sell up now while the club is still worth something.

Archived