onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Gills 1 - Vale 1 Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Based on the commentary but not seeing the pictures I'm hacked off with the re-taken penaly. All goalkeepers when facing a penalty take a big step forward to narrow the angle then dive left/right, ie they come off their line and very rarely is the kick re-taken.

Good hard earned point but could have easily been better.

Just because they do it doesn't mean it is within the laws of the game.

If Tommo (who I always feel confident with regarding penalties) did move he has contravened the laws and it was rightly re-taken. Can't ben laws I'm afraid.

Advert

Better result than last season! I'd have taken a point at the beginning, but must admit, I am disappointed at the end to have not got all 3, which as Ray Williams said on the commentary, is probably a good sign of how much better we are this season compared to the comparable fixture last season

Just been on praise and grumble after Bratty thought i would stick up for Rob Taylor because he should not be playing left back/wing back for all his trying he cannot defend. He his an explosive sprinter through short bursts of speed to scare the life out of any defender he plays against. You after have loads of stamina to play wing back to keep getting up and down the pitch this is summit rob lacks. Thoughts??:yes:

Just been on praise and grumble after Bratty thought i would stick up for Rob Taylor because he should not be playing left back/wing back for all his trying he cannot defend. He his an explosive sprinter through short bursts of speed to scare the life out of any defender he plays against. You after have loads of stamina to play wing back to keep getting up and down the pitch this is summit rob lacks. Thoughts??:yes:

What did Bratt have to say?

The post i got banned for: 'I don't come onto this board often but even I know proggs is biased with a totally jaded view. I missed the game but a Crewe friend who was there said to me that Vale looked the better side and did sound that way on the radio. But a draw may well be a fair result I think.'

What did Bratt have to say?

The usual i'm a vale fan, i didn't want to go but i have for the good of the club blah blah. He also said he was trying to raise money for the youth team. I did not ring up for go on i texd the show and they rang back.

An excellent point at a difficult place.

Sounded on radio like we had elements of stubborness that weretraits of Adams first reign, i for one would rather grind results out 1-1, 2-1 or 1-0 than the 3-2 losses we have endured.

Marc Richards has taken some flack on here, but hes ramming those words down peoples throats, im a Rico fan and have been sine he arrived, he works hard for the team links play well and given service scores goals and can easily get 20 again this season.

Now a win on Friday & maybe just maybe we can start talking about Mickey and the squad in the same vein as this time last year.

Absolutely dreadful performance in a game between two poor sides.

Zero creativity, the long hoof all game. And yet somehow we still should have won it - Pope missed a sitter in the first half when somehow managing to hit the bar when it looked easier to score, and then Tommo saves the pen but it is given a retake for what looked like nothing.

Ratings wise

Tommo - 6 - had little to do. Unlucky to save the first take of the pen and see it re-given.

Taylor - 2. Abject performance, has gifted them a penalty and no redeeming feature to his performance at all. Only in the side because no one else can play left back in the squad.

Yates - 3. A strong challenge to Taylor for worst performance of the day. Note to self Adam - our away kit is grey.

McDonald - 7 - star man by a distance. Won everything, great ball for the goal.

Chilvers - 5 - looked more like a player who can't get into Notts County's side

Owen - 6 - solid as normal

Griff - 4. Another who could do with remembering what colour we play in. I'm sorry, but he is not good enough by a distance.

Loft - 6 - quiet going forward but put the usual shift in

Williamson - looks to have some threat but little end product

Pope - 6 - worked hard, played a big role in the goal, missed a sitter. Basically the standard Pope performance.

Richards - 6 - couldn't really miss the goal he got, put a shift in but like Pope had to suffer absymal service all day.

Subs - Rigg did little, Dodds barely touched it, Morsy did okay bar for one awful cross field ball.

Gillingham were nothing special. We made a couple of their players look like world beaters. The fact they failed to test Tommo all game bar for a cross that took him by surprise speaks volumes for how distinctly average a team they were. The winger tormented Taylor all game, largely though Taylor's poor play. They had a decent little player in the midfield who pulled the strings for them.

Ultimately, I'd have taken a point, but we scarcely deserved it today given how poorly 4 or 5 of the side have played, and yet oddly it feels like 2 points dropped.

Sadly, I just don't think we are good enough to challenge.

Archived