onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Changes to the law

JOHNNYAITCH

I have never been in favour of nuclear arms.

I would scrap gratuities simply because people rely on them and force the employer to pay a decent wage... if they didnt I would charge the employer 100 quid for every minute they failed... a sort of pay the going rate [which I would set] or pay more for the privilege of not doing so.

I think there is enough industrial waste land to build enough social housing.... empty factories, derelict buildings etc

All sounds very good to me.

possibly would look at newspapers and meda not being owned by non-UK citizens

nationalise football clubs ?

Advert

If you find a coin in the street and keep it... is it a crime?

If you take an envelope or a paper clip from work for your own personal use is it a crime?

Can be, and yes.

One place I worked had this THING in charge, no other word for it - a spiteful, vindictive bullying manager who everyone feared. I managed to avoid him, apart from one telling off where he caught me photocopying one personal sheet and said 'I could sack you for this'. 'Yes'. I replied, but then you'd add me o the list of vengeful wronged people who know you live at x....xxx' and quoted his address.

'How do you know where I live?' he fumed, and when I told him 'Everyone you have ever dealt with takes the trouble to know where you live - they are quite patient in most cases though'. I never had any trouble from him after that, apart from his vile body odour, racist views and deep pile of dandruff on each shoulder which everyone had to suffer,

But he used to ensure all stationary was locked up and you practically had to beg for a new pen or an envelope. Until one day he forgot to lock it, he insisted on locking it personally each night normally.

he next day thousands of pounds worth of stuff had gone - down to the last paper clip, rubber band - empty. It was so funny, he was incandescent with rage, and personally interviwed all 90 staff there, which made him an even bigger laughing stock.

There was a story some of it turned up on the local market, he spent weeks going round local stat'y shops and even scouring Ebay, but I suspect most or even all of it was thrown away, the fun being in performing the act and I'd guess it was not for profit - I wasn't involved in that and never heard a whisper about who did it, but they deserved a medal.

Why has my post urging a change to the law to stop big game hunting for cash sums been removed ?

The murder of the lion cub of Cecil th lion in Zimbabwe is fact, and not in argument.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-40671590

Whoever removed this should be ashamed of themselves.

Can you murder an animal?

I dont agree with killing them, although there are exceptions.

That has nothing to do with the removal of the post, unless you are saying it was removed because you didn't like the wording 'murder an animal.

For the record, murder is premediatated killing, and you can't get much more premeditated than some piece of American filth that calls itself a dentist who PAYS £50,000 for the disgraceful cowardly priveledge of misuing and prostituting a poor African country and kinning beautiful animal, not even 'cleanly' (what a terrible ironic use of that word) but with a bow and arrow - it was tacked for 40 hours and was in terrible pain until finished off. Yes, I'd call that murder.

Whatever you think about killing an animal to eat it, this episode and similar of 'trophy hunting' with no risk to the killers and huge amounts of money changing hand is obscene, my point was the law should stop it - the very least the UK could do is stop the promotion, advertising and booking of these trips.

So who removed my post and why ?

The law is just a framework, it tells us what we can not do without punishment and then tells us what the punishment can be.... most people do not break the law because they choose not to.

The law doesnt prevent you from committing a crime, it defines the crime you have committed and determines the punishment... the fear of the punishment may be a deterrent.

If you are a criminal it may not be much of a deterrent... or perhaps you think you will get away with it.

The law simply [although not simply] defines what society thinks is not acceptable behavior

Geo, A definition of law: a binding custom or practice of a community : a rule of conduct or action prescribed or formally recognized as binding or enforced by a controlling authority.....bit more than a framework. The rest is also debateable.

Breaking the law in terms of genetic discrimination would certainly involve companies because of the complexity involved, hence it would be companies breaking the law as opposed to a person.

That has nothing to do with the removal of the post, unless you are saying it was removed because you didn't like the wording 'murder an animal.

For the record, murder is premediatated killing, and you can't get much more premeditated than some piece of American filth that calls itself a dentist who PAYS £50,000 for the disgraceful cowardly priveledge of misuing and prostituting a poor African country and kinning beautiful animal, not even 'cleanly' (what a terrible ironic use of that word) but with a bow and arrow - it was tacked for 40 hours and was in terrible pain until finished off. Yes, I'd call that murder.

Whatever you think about killing an animal to eat it, this episode and similar of 'trophy hunting' with no risk to the killers and huge amounts of money changing hand is obscene, my point was the law should stop it - the very least the UK could do is stop the promotion, advertising and booking of these trips.

Murder....the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

The answer to that question is above

Geo, A definition of law: a binding custom or practice of a community : a rule of conduct or action prescribed or formally recognized as binding or enforced by a controlling authority.....bit more than a framework. The rest is also debateable.

Breaking the law in terms of genetic discrimination would certainly involve companies because of the complexity involved, hence it would be companies breaking the law as opposed to a person.

Isnt that what a framework is?

There have been changes obviously due to the changes in society.

This is a thread about what laws would you change. If the law says you can then the answer is yes. The debate here is, is it wrong to kill an animal. I'd argue yes.

This is a thread about what laws would you change. If the law says you can then the answer is yes. The debate here is, is it wrong to kill an animal. I'd argue yes.

No one has suggested changing the law about murder.

Is that all animals? living things?

It isnt murder to kill anything except a human, that doesnt mean they should be killed, but there are exceptions.

It isnt murder if the lion kills a human.

No one has suggested changing the law about murder.

Is that all animals? living things?

It isnt murder to kill anything except a human, that doesnt mean they should be killed, but there are exceptions.

It isnt murder if the lion kills a human.

Unless I decide to change the law to say it is murder?

According to the law as it stands? No

But it can obviously still be illegal to kill a particular animal or in particular circumstances or in particular ways..and rightly so and the punishments should be severe, far more severe than they are now

Should the law be changed so that murder is applied to animals..as in the deliberate pre-meditated killing of an animal by a human being.? I say no but then I'm OK with eating meat. Would this have to cover swatting a fly? Extreme example maybe but if you take it to it's logical convclusion..or are we going to categorise "animals" and say a fly has less of a right to life than a lion? What about putting an animal to sleep when it's sick..would that become murder?

Archived