onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Confederations Cup 2017

Bea Smith

I must say I have enjoyed what I have seen of this competition, currently at the semi-finals stage in Russia.

The play has been refreshingly less physical, with Chile now through to the final and looking like playing Germany who as I write lead Mexico 2-0 (on ITV channel now if you want to watch it, 30 minutes gone).

There is the interesting VAR new referral referring trial too, not totally successful but a good idea to iron out the problems here, and a couple of other new rule changes like an additional substitute.

Australia looked promising, Russia will have to improve quickly to make their mark at home in next year's World Cup, Mexico, Chile and Germany all look good. Portugal were a bit of a let down, and Cameroon showed flair but little discipline or organisation. New Zealand battled hard.

With England not there, the newspapers have largely ignored it, but more fool them, it has been a welcome little injection of good football in a long, tired close season.

Advert

What i enjoyed most was Portugal losing 3-0 on penalties and Ronaldo not even taking one.

This has happened before because he likes to go 4th or 5th and wants to get the winner as it is all about ME ME ME with him.

Yes, that was more than a little amusing,

This Germany team, inexperienced and youthful though they are, are a delight to watch - and amazingly the commentator said he doubted whether any of them, maybe 1 or 2 would start for Germany in the world cup.

The depth of the talent they have is incredible and I'm hoping for a good final v Chile, assuming Mexico don't do something astonishing and pull 3 goals back.

I know it's off topic a little but I was more interested in England vs Germany in the U21 World Cup semi final, England lost on penalties, Nathan Redmond missing the 5th one. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Germany were the better team expecially in the 2nd half and it was a classic case of how not to play 1 up top with absolutely no support.

I know it's off topic a little but I was more interested in England vs Germany in the U21 World Cup semi final, England lost on penalties, Nathan Redmond missing the 5th one. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Germany were the better team expecially in the 2nd half and it was a classic case of how not to play 1 up top with absolutely no support.

We looked very much second best; we seemed to just sit off them and invite them to attack us. It was interesting how the German 'keeper seemed well prepared for penalties. Some of our penalties were excellent though.

At Euro 2016 when Portugal beat Poland on penalties Ronaldo took the first Portugese penalty..he wan't practicing his opera singing that day.

Confeds cup has been a good tournament though and well hosted from what I can gather

We did well in taking them to penalties but like you say,Germany were the better side.Hardly surprising though when their players have notched up over 1100 games in the Bundesliga,five times as many as our lads have in the Premier League.

Therein lies the problem.

Should be a good game that,Vidal and Sanchez will be key for Chile and Draxler and Kimmich for the Germans.

What is your prediction FUA ?

I think that if Chile can avoid conceding an early goal, they will run the Germans close but lose by a single goal, possibly in extra time.

What is your prediction FUA ?

I think that if Chile can avoid conceding an early goal, they will run the Germans close but lose by a single goal, possibly in extra time.

I'll go 2-1 to Germany.They are on a roll at the moment with their U21 team winning another European Championship last night in Poland.They have a wealth of talent currently at all levels of the game.

Be very afraid in Russia next year.

I'll go 2-1 to Germany.They are on a roll at the moment with their U21 team winning another European Championship last night in Poland.They have a wealth of talent currently at all levels of the game.

Be very afraid in Russia next year.

I don't think you will be far out in that prediction.

It would help if Germany score before half time so that Chile have to come forward, they can attack but prefer to defend.

Should be worth watching.

I don't think you will be far out in that prediction.

It would help if Germany score before half time so that Chile have to come forward, they can attack but prefer to defend.

Should be worth watching.

Germany 6/4

Chile 2/1

Chile to win 2-1 is a tempting 10/1 with Bet365?

Archived