onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Deakin

CAVALIER

Advert

Questions.....is this going to be like Adams the sham Director or is Deakin actually going to put money in because Adams still hasn't coughed up 50k.

Is the 100k actually going into the club or to pay off Bratt...

Well after the sham offer to NLV and the treatment of Mark

Sims it now seems that the pretend new Board are almost all in place and you couldn't make it up.....so presumably Deakin is to resign as CEO though probably not.

Acting Chairman....Lloyd(vote of no confidence)

Adams....not interested

Blueskyturf....not interested

Deakin.....not interested

So a conflict of interests for Adams and Deakin who are employees

first and foremost while the Americans will be absent and have no interest so the failed business man continues as acting Chairman...

not one Vale fan amongst them.

If I was a shareholder, there are four questions I'd want the answer to before voting:

1 - Who is Deakin's sponsor until he invests the 100k?

2 - Is the 100k buying Bratt out or new shares?

3 - Why is this being done now and not when a Blue Sky rep is available to join the board?

4 - What impact will this have on his role as CEO?

It's a strange one but I'd need the answers to the above before I personally could decide if it was a good or bad deal.

not one Vale fan amongst them.

As I said during the Mo thing and as many anti-board posters have repeatedly said, being a Vale fan should not be a factor in deciding who is right to be on the board.

I don't care what team they support as long as they can run Vale correctly. Otherwise we may as well just have Bratt and co back! :doh:

I really dislike the idea of having a paid employee on the Board, surely there is a conflict of interest there. In the same way Bratt was CEO and Chairman. If it was handled properly and he wasn't involved in decisions that affects his CEO position, fine, I doubt very much that will happen, as we saw with BB.

In all fairness, many companies pay people on their board of directors.

I don't like the thought of any one buying Bratts shares, even if I won the lottery. MA and PD are investing, wow there's a lot of promises floating out there still to materialise and we're still waiting.

We're going to be loaded if all this pulls off right?

I assume Mr Deakin is to purchase shares before he stands for election otherwise he would contravene the £50K rule? Or is he being sponsored in some way in the interim?

I suspected this was on the cards when I saw his mock disingenuous response to a suggestion at BG meeting that he could be a director - the "what? me?" response looked rather contrived!!

I don't like the thought of any one buying Bratts shares, even if I won the lottery. MA and PD are investing, wow there's a lot of promises floating out there still to materialise and we're still waiting.

We're going to be loaded if all this pulls off right?

We may be loaded but instead of having Pratt and his cronies, we will have Lloyd and his cronies!! Although DaveF did say he was quite impressed with Pezzer:yes:

I assume Mr Deakin is to purchase shares before he stands for election otherwise he would contravene the £50K rule? Or is he being sponsored in some way in the interim?

I suspected this was on the cards when I saw his mock disingenuous response to a suggestion at BG meeting that he could be a director - the "what? me?" response looked rather contrived!!

I hope you didn't put the idea in his head, Jean;)

Archived