onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Derek I'm Gutted Season Ticket Piece

smithie

I went every game this season until I went to Bolton away and that's when I stopped. After the first 15 mins I thought what am I doing this is garbage, I wish I'd have stayed at home.

I Have not been a game since it is to expensive for the crap being served up and to be honest I have not missed it.

That is after 50 years following the club.

So if I feel that way how many others do, never mind attracting new fans the older ones are leaving. The club needs to act before its to late.

Advert

I went every game this season until I went to Bolton away and that's when I stopped. After the first 15 mins I thought what am I doing this is garbage, I wish I'd have stayed at home.

I Have not been a game since it is to expensive for the crap being served up and to be honest I have not missed it.

That is after 50 years following the club.

So if I feel that way how many others do, never mind attracting new fans the older ones are leaving. The club needs to act before its to late.

You have hit the nail on the head, i myself have been going for 45 years, my dad took me as a 5 year old.

I only go now for the social aspect, a lot of regular faces who sit by me and my son in the bycars have stopped coming ( unless moved to other parts of ground ) .

And the point about not missing it is 100% true.

I work 2 shift patterns and am fortunate to have weekends off, usually when i finish at 7-15 pm on my late shift i would dash up to Vale and in the main get there on time. Now i don't bother, i have missed Charlton, Chesterfield, Bury and Oldham already at home and am on lates versus MK Franchise.

I am still 100% a Vale fan and will be till the day i die however these days it is not the be all and end all in my life due to my absolute apathy and lack of interest for about 3 seasons now.

It is hard to pinpoint why i and many others feel this way, we have had far darker days and worse times, Enfield, Canvey Island, Chasetown, 1-4 to Macc ,1-6 to Blackpool, 7-0 at Burnley....but for some reason this feels like my lowest ebb as a Vale fan.

I'm with you Newchapel and Darren. Been going since 1964 but although I still go whenever I can, I don't go to away games anymore and going to the home games seems a chore. Must be Smurf's influence as we have hit worst patches in the past but never felt like this. It could also have something to do with our age though which worryingly is similar to many others who go.

I'm with you Newchapel and Darren. Been going since 1964 but although I still go whenever I can, I don't go to away games anymore and going to the home games seems a chore. Must be Smurf's influence as we have hit worst patches in the past but never felt like this. It could also have something to do with our age though which worryingly is similar to many others who go.

Been saying this for ages...football has priced itself out of many people's price-range. You simply don't see many groups of young lads at games any more, nor so many parents with kids.

Our support at Gills and Southend must have had an average age of 50+.....very worrying to think where the next generation are coming from.

I think all under-16's should be free for home and away supporters at all games in our League. Let them see proper football at 3pm on a Saturday and let them learn that football belongs on pitches, not a TV screen.

In the promotion season we got 12000 against Burton and Northampton so there is interest. I would like to think if we sold them at £150 that we would get between 7 and 8000.

But we will never no unless we try

Not a hope in hell. 8000 ??? If we get 5000 home fans (not total) for the 5 best attended games (by home fans at Vale Park) then we might sell 5000-6000 season tickets.

But we haven't managed that - so my prediction is that at £150 we would sell 4,500 at most.

Not a hope in hell. 8000 ??? If we get 5000 home fans (not total) for the 5 best attended games (by home fans at Vale Park) then we might sell 5000-6000 season tickets.

But we haven't managed that - so my prediction is that at £150 we would sell 4,500 at most.

your probably right we would most likely put up 100 flyers on the lorne st concourse wall to advertise it

Archived