onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mark to meet the Board

andy jones

My personal view is that it is good that the board and CEO are talking to Mark. He is already elected and qualified as a director. he has passed the "fit and proper persons test". Any other new directors nominated by Blue Sky will have to pass that same test and then be elected by a vote of the shareholders.

Mark has also signed a confidentiality agreement so at least he (although not necessarily Dave) can be privy to the finer details of the proposed investment. He can then take a commercial view, having also seen whatever information that was shown to him when he did his due diligence.

Also, again in my opinion, I agree with those who have already said that it would be welcomed by the fans and be a unifying action, if it happens. I hope it does.

Advert

Between Mark and Lloyd yes im sure that will be a big part of THEIR discussion. In the quest for information, if people stayed on topic and didnt turn every thread into an anti board moan about lack of information and conspiracy theories then we would all be able to read peoples information without having to pick through 50 posts of same old rubbish. This is a different topic, if you want answers about the investment try posting on the topic label Q (standing for questions) & A (standing for answers) with Mike Lloyd. Surpisingly enough this contains information or what is currently avaialble on the investment questions we all have as fans.

Alternatively if you want to comment on Mark Sims meeting Lloyd then fire away

Spot on, it seems that some folk will not let things run their natural course regarding the information coming out of the club. It seems some of the anti board supporters ( of which i am one ) are now fighting amongst themselves. Dave F has always seemed to me to be one of the most genuine people who post on this site and is a worthy representitive of the supporters of this club. To see him being criticised is IMHO very devisive for the aims of SEO and B & G etc.

Lets see how things pan out in the next few weeks regarding Mark Sims and the resignations of Bratt and Oliver before we castigate anyone.

Spot on, it seems that some folk will not let things run their natural course regarding the information coming out of the club. It seems some of the anti board supporters ( of which i am one ) are now fighting amongst themselves. Dave F has always seemed to me to be one of the most genuine people who post on this site and is a worthy representitive of the supporters of this club. To see him being criticised is IMHO very devisive for the aims of SEO and B & G etc.

Lets see how things pan out in the next few weeks regarding Mark Sims and the resignations of Bratt and Oliver before we castigate anyone.

See Tim's post on the Q (Questions) & A (Answers) (:rolleyes:) thread about Dave F. I have great respect for Dave, but - as Tim says - he is not and should not be above criticism. This sort of thing was said about Bill Bratt (i.e. "don't criticise Bill") and look where that got us....

I do not know what "the natural course" means here. In my view, this should not have been announced as an £8m investment; all the details relating to match funding etc should have been spelt out; the governance relating to the deal should have been announced (i.e who joins the board and who leaves); and it should be made clear that there are both good and bad involved with the deal. I would understand that kind of "natural course".

See Tim's post on the Q (Questions) & A (Answers) (:rolleyes:) thread about Dave F. I have great respect for Dave, but - as Tim says - he is not and should not be above criticism. This sort of thing was said about Bill Bratt (i.e. "don't criticise Bill") and look where that got us....

I do not know what "the natural course" means here. In my view, this should not have been announced as an £8m investment; all the details relating to match funding etc should have been spelt out; the governance relating to the deal should have been announced (i.e who joins the board and who leaves); and it should be made clear that there are both good and bad involved with the deal. I would understand that kind of "natural course".

If you have the great respect for Dave as you say you have, then lets here about the answers from the investment questions and lets here what Mark Sims has to say when he has had spoken to Lloyd, before criticising. Its bad enough pro board, anti board and those in between arguing between themselves, so when anti board supporters become antagonistic towards each other then there is no hope that anything will ever get resolved.

If you have the great respect for Dave as you say you have, then lets here about the answers from the investment questions and lets here what Mark Sims has to say when he has had spoken to Lloyd, before criticising. Its bad enough pro board, anti board and those in between arguing between themselves, so when anti board supporters become antagonistic towards each other then there is no hope that anything will ever get resolved.

I'm not sure it can always be interpreted as 'criticism' when you question people...

Maybe things will become clearer after tomorrow...

Patronisaton - what a long word it is.

I have commented on Mark Sims meeting Mike Lloyd, Dave Felstead and Perry Deakin. My comment was to note that information is being provided by Dave, rather than a request for input from supporters into this meeting. Perhaps that is an inappropriate comment, but I am still entitled to my views, and I am concerned that we are being fed information on events rather than being given the opportunity to shape events.

Now, Mark Sims potentially coming onto the board is - in my view - inextricably linked with the proposed investment. In other words, he will have to be a part of the Bluesky process in one way or other if he is to come onto the board. In light of this, I would like more information about that investment before I ask Mark Sims or anyone else for their views on it and what part Mark or anyone else will play in developing and implementing that investment. It appears to be the only show in town, so Mark will have to deal with it and his response to it will be central to this meeting. You seem to suggest that Monday's meeting and the Bluesky investment are separate, whilst I don't think they are.

Would you like me to repeat all that, or are you just going to have a go at me again?

Mark at no point have you really commented on the thread topic youve, just made neagtive comments about being lied too and said you want Dave to consult fans on the investment, that is a totally different subject to his involvement with Mark Sims talks as a sponsor. which are two totally different topics. keep back pedalling :)

or try discussing the man utd game on the liverpool v tottenham thread :)

Mark at no point have you really commented on the thread topic youve, just made neagtive comments about being lied too and said you want Dave to consult fans on the investment, that is a totally different subject to his involvement with Mark Sims talks as a sponsor. which are two totally different topics. keep back pedalling :)

or try discussing the man utd game on the liverpool v tottenham thread :)

I've said what I've said - if you want to interpret it in your own way, get on with it.

intresting comment by mo regarding mark on his fizzhog page suggests he is still intrested in being involved at the club which i was beggining to feel he had lost intrest in

Mark Simms recently told me he wanted to get both Port Vale and himself back into shape. Looking forward to catching up with Mark on Friday when he comes along to the M Club party.

intresting comment by mo regarding mark on his fizzhog page suggests he is still intrested in being involved at the club which i was beggining to feel he had lost intrest in

Mark Simms recently told me he wanted to get both Port Vale and himself back into shape. Looking forward to catching up with Mark on Friday when he comes along to the M Club party.

Any chance that the timing of the Deakin announcement is to coincide with the meeting with Mark? I hope The Chuckle Brothers are not trying to put Mark off taking up a board position:rolleyes:

Archived