onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: FA3 Huddersfield T v Port Vale

Fosse69

Hi, Huddersfield fan here logging in for the first time.

I see you've sold your initial allocation of 1000 and with pay on the day available it should be a good following from vale and with you sharing the stand with our more vocal supporters it all makes for a decent atmosphere.

All pay on the day for us so no indication as to how many home fans will be in attendance, in the league we're averaging around the 20,000 mark but the club obviously don't think we'll reach near that mark even with the good prices as one of the stands is shut.

Here's to a good game and safe journey to the Vale fans coming up, any questions re pubs etc and I'll be pleased to help if I can.

Orate terrier if we're coming by car what's the best pub to go to that's nearest the ground? We like to park up closeish to the ground then find a pub so we can get straight off after the game!

Someone at work mentioned a social club years back have u still got that? In an ideal world a pub with Strongbow dark fruits would be just the ticket.

Thanks in advance.

Advert

Thanks for that. I'm sure you are enjoying your season under Klopp style management and bar perhaps Newcastle and Brighton [who have I suppose far bigger budgets] you must stand a chance of going up this year after a very long time in the lower leagues. The glory days of the 1920s might be just around the corner! :wink:

Good times to be a Town fan right now with a real togetherness between management, players and supporters, when you consider we spent circa £5.5million in the summer Newcastle spent something like £80 mill and then we beat them in their own back yard :smile:

Sadly there's no one left that can remember our glory days :laugh: I am old enough though to remember the Frank Worthington, Trevor Cherry top flight years and a trip round White Hart Lane, Old Trafford, The Emirates etc would be most welcome even if only for one season, I don't care if we get stuffed every week there'd bound to be some good memories, wouldn't there? :laugh:

Orate terrier if we're coming by car what's the best pub to go to that's nearest the ground? We like to park up closeish to the ground then find a pub so we can get straight off after the game!

Someone at work mentioned a social club years back have u still got that? In an ideal world a pub with Strongbow dark fruits would be just the ticket.

Thanks in advance.

There's a Marston's pub on Leeds Road called the Yorkshire Rose with a large car park and its 5/10 mins walk to the ground infact you can see the ground from the beer garden, decent grub, don't know about the cider.

The club you're on about will be the Gas Club on Gasworks street decent beer but not spectacular and close to the ground (5mins walk) there's a pub called the Ropewalk at the other end of the stadium from the away end by the cinema but it gets packed on match day, all away fan friendly you may get a bit of banter but nothing violent :laugh:

Good times to be a Town fan right now with a real togetherness between management, players and supporters, when you consider we spent circa £5.5million in the summer Newcastle spent something like £80 mill and then we beat them in their own back yard :smile:

Sadly there's no one left that can remember our glory days :laugh: I am old enough though to remember the Frank Worthington, Trevor Cherry top flight years and a trip round White Hart Lane, Old Trafford, The Emirates etc would be most welcome even if only for one season, I don't care if we get stuffed every week there'd bound to be some good memories, wouldn't there? :laugh:

Thanks for all the info Terrier.

Good luck in the Championship but I hope you have an off-day tomorrow.

No disrespect but we need the prize money more than you. 😁😉

There's a Marston's pub on Leeds Road called the Yorkshire Rose with a large car park and its 5/10 mins walk to the ground infact you can see the ground from the beer garden, decent grub, don't know about the cider.

The club you're on about will be the Gas Club on Gasworks street decent beer but not spectacular and close to the ground (5mins walk) there's a pub called the Ropewalk at the other end of the stadium from the away end by the cinema but it gets packed on match day, all away fan friendly you may get a bit of banter but nothing violent :laugh:

Aye up terrier - were landing by train tomorrow - any pubs in the town that are kid friendly 🍺😜🎳

Aye up terrier - were landing by train tomorrow - any pubs in the town that are kid friendly

There's 2 real ale pubs each side of the station main entrance not sure about kids though sorry, the Yorkshire Rose on Leeds Road is definitely kid friendly, there's 2 Wetherspoons in the Town centre, The Cherry Tree is 2 mins from station, straight across the square past the statue of Harold Wilson and turn right, the other is The Lord Wilson (same chap) down the side of the Kingsgate shopping centre, 10 min walk same direction, more pubs than you can shake a stick at and the only one I'd avoid if I was you is the Vulcan, very much a home fan pub with a rather ermm boisterous clientele :wink:

Thanks for all your trouble, pal.

After tomorrow I wish you all the best for the rest of the season and hope you make it to the big time. Your team has got a long and proud of history and though you don't go back as far as Shankly or Law I'm sure it would mean the world to the town to play again in the top flight. Could even be a play-off against your 'friends' from Leeds!!:smile:

Thanks for all your trouble, pal.

After tomorrow I wish you all the best for the rest of the season and hope you make it to the big time. Your team has got a long and proud of history and though you don't go back as far as Shankly or Law I'm sure it would mean the world to the town to play again in the top flight. Could even be a play-off against your 'friends' from Leeds!!:smile:

Don't swear its not nice :wink: anyway much excitement at our end as we've just this minute announced the signing of another Chelsea whizzkid on loan Izzy Brown, 19 years old and 2nd youngest premier league player ever, if he's half as good as our other Chelsea kid Kasey Palmer he'll be a good'un, may put a few more bums on seats tomorrow.

There's 2 real ale pubs each side of the station main entrance not sure about kids though sorry, the Yorkshire Rose on Leeds Road is definitely kid friendly, there's 2 Wetherspoons in the Town centre, The Cherry Tree is 2 mins from station, straight across the square past the statue of Harold Wilson and turn right, the other is The Lord Wilson (same chap) down the side of the Kingsgate shopping centre, 10 min walk same direction, more pubs than you can shake a stick at and the only one I'd avoid if I was you is the Vulcan, very much a home fan pub with a rather ermm boisterous clientele :wink:

Thanks Terrier, I reckon my kids will fit in with the boisterous clientele 😂

Don't swear its not nice :wink: anyway much excitement at our end as we've just this minute announced the signing of another Chelsea whizzkid on loan Izzy Brown, 19 years old and 2nd youngest premier league player ever, if he's half as good as our other Chelsea kid Kasey Palmer he'll be a good'un, may put a few more bums on seats tomorrow.

When did Brown sign, Terrier? The deadline for him to be eligible for tomorrow was noon today so let's hope you missed it! You haven't got any decent strikers who ar surplus to requirements have you??

When did Brown sign, Terrier? The deadline for him to be eligible for tomorrow was noon today so let's hope you missed it! You haven't got any decent strikers who ar surplus to requirements have you??

We are really short on strikers. Only have Wells and Kachunga, with the later playing mainly out wide due to injuries. We really need to sign one in January if we're to keep up our outside chance of Promotion. Linked with plenty of Germans like usual

What is the capacity of the shared stand?

4000. But the safety committee go way over the top with the segregation. I think we'll have about 1000 available and you'll have approx 2000 seats

Safe trip up to all those attending :thumbs: Should be a good day out and you won't find many friendlier clubs around than HTAFC

Archived