onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Welcome selection quandary for Bruno Ribeiro

News Feed

Advert

Personally I think Kiko deserves to keep his place. Hes come in and put in a good performance that deserves rewarding.

I think the side should remain unchanged with the exception of Kelly, if Thomas is fit I'd put him straight in.

The question then turns to the bench. Did the 3 subs who came on do enough to keep their place? Also Turner is availabale again too.

Hard decision for the manager.

Although Kiko had a good game against Hartlepool, Bruno may consider that it was against out of form opposition from a lower league with a poor record.

Hartlepool have in the last ten games only won three, drawn two and lost five.

Northampton will be a tough match and Bruno must/will choose the players that should

perform the best against them.

Best of luck Bruno.

I think that Kiko had to keep his place as he also gave us more going forwards. I'd be tempted to bring Hart in to replace Sam Kelly as I thought he did himself few favours last week as he seemed disinterested much of the time

Kelly shouldn't be anywhere near the team he constantly gives the ball away and doesn't defend well. Hasn't looked like scoring.

If Thomas is fit he should definitely play.

If not Hart should be recalled.

Kiko showed as man of the match that he should keep his place.

I agree with both granthamvaliant and erniemossrules concerning Kelly.

I know some posters on here feel Kelly "may" turn into a useful squad player but sadly what I've seen of him gives me little or no confidence in him. I hate having to criticise any Vale player but frankly Kelly is not a long term solution to our Team. His standard is not in Division 1. I applaud him for his efforts so far but when fit all other options in the squad are better than him.

Thomas is the obvious replacement if he's fit and if/when Andoh ever wears a Vale shirt again he has to be priority too.

For me Kelly needs to man up and show more guile and passion for the game and so far he has not come up to standards required for this Division(or higher).

I have no issue with Kelly's skill level, he's possibly one of the most skilful players at the club. I actually got quite excited when Bruno started him in the number 10 role as I'd been discussing this with my son for a while as he appears to have two good feet and am eye for goal when the opportunity has arisen.

What has become apparent though is that he really seems to lack the will to force himself upon the game and appears to want things to happen for him with a minimum of effort.

Unfortunately Sam, at this level you tend to get out what you put in so if you're willing to learn that lesson then the future could still be rosy. If not then I'm afraid it may have to be goodbye.

I have no issue with Kelly's skill level, he's possibly one of the most skilful players at the club. I actually got quite excited when Bruno started him in the number 10 role as I'd been discussing this with my son for a while as he appears to have two good feet and am eye for goal when the opportunity has arisen.

What has become apparent though is that he really seems to lack the will to force himself upon the game and appears to want things to happen for him with a minimum of effort.

Unfortunately Sam, at this level you tend to get out what you put in so if you're willing to learn that lesson then the future could still be rosy. If not then I'm afraid it may have to be goodbye.

I agree with you about Kelly in the number 10 role. I think he looks decent in a central position but lost for the majority of time on the wing. Defo start Thomas today if fit wide left and leave Kiko at left back. Kelly on the bench as a decent impact sub. Reggie surely one of the first names on the team sheet now? Looking forward to this game. Hope we start playing from the ko as we did against Hartlepool. I don't expect the Cobblers to offer much going forwards (Marc Richards is rubbish) but no doubt RP will set up very negative away from home so hope we are not. The work rate and closing down first half against Pools was excellent and the game was won by half time.

Doesn't Richards usually get sent off about mid December ready for his Christmas holiday! Elbow on Smith due to frustration of being well and truly marked out of the game!

The only skill Kelly has got is standing about waiting for the ball and giving it away when he gets it.

Needs to move on in January to a lower level as he will never achieve at this level.

Archived