onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Odd rotation

Samwelo

I don't think we should underestimate how hard it must be for some of these young lads to move to another country and adjust to playing a different style of football. It will have been a huge culture shock and maybe that's why they came in 2s and 3s, to help each other. I'd probably get homesick and if Amoros isn't in the match-day squad it makes good sense to let him go 'home' to Monaco for a few days

Without doubt, which in turn means we will have lots of ups and down this season due to the amount of players we've brought in from abroad coupled with a lot of the squad being young inexperienced pros too.

Advert

It is difficult for foreign players to settle and it is something different that has been tried

I would be much happier if almost all of them were to ask Smurf to terminate their contract

and they return home. Really hope we don't have to keep them for another 18 months or so.

They are not good enough and I don't believe they will be.

Let alone do they have the heart for league one football

It is difficult for foreign players to settle and it is something different that has been tried

I would be much happier if almost all of them were to ask Smurf to terminate their contract

and they return home. Really hope we don't have to keep them for another 18 months or so.

They are not good enough and I don't believe they will be.

Let alone do they have the heart for league one football

Which ones? I certainly wouldn't want to see Tavares, Knops, Amoros, De Fretas and Perraria go.

I think the French lads (although Pereira is hit and miss at the moment), Knopps and Tavares are better than what we had last season in equivalent positions. I don't think the issue is with the ability of the players, the issue is the squad is very imbalanced. Whether that is down to Bruno or Smurthwaite, I'm not sure (although it seems very odd that Bruno is repeating Page's mistakes, when both of them are very experienced "football men"...)

Which ones? I certainly wouldn't want to see Tavares, Knops, Amoros, De Fretas and Perraria go.

Pierrare - Not shown enough

De Freitas - he cannot get an appearance but not shown much at all

Amoros - Possibly yes but still does not get too many chances

All 3 above should be breaking into this team with our issues in midfield and wide left

Add to that list - Kiko

Knops - Again yes. Not the best full back but does the job defensively

Would not want him as center back. Very poor defending set pieces.

Tavares - Which one. First month yes he put himself about well

Recent games, slow and does not seem to have much about him

Mackintosh - no

Mbamba - no

Cicilia - possible but only because we are desperate

9 players above and only 2 or 3 will prove to be even average division 1 players

Would love to know how many Bruno had actually seen play before we signed them

There are better players, U.K. or European and we have failed in recruitment

Pierrare - Not shown enough

De Freitas - he cannot get an appearance but not shown much at all

Amoros - Possibly yes but still does not get too many chances

All 3 above should be breaking into this team with our issues in midfield and wide left

Add to that list - Kiko

Knops - Again yes. Not the best full back but does the job defensively

Would not want him as center back. Very poor defending set pieces.

Tavares - Which one. First month yes he put himself about well

Recent games, slow and does not seem to have much about him

Mackintosh - no

Mbamba - no

Cicilia - possible but only because we are desperate

9 players above and only 2 or 3 will prove to be even average division 1 players

Would love to know how many Bruno had actually seen play before we signed them

There are better players, U.K. or European and we have failed in recruitment

De Freitas was injured. He'd do well to have played injured.

De Freitas was injured. He'd do well to have played injured.

All season - 5 appearances [ not sure how many starts let alone full 90 mins ]

All I am saying is we have had issue's in central midfield and out wide

plus the ' number 10' role.

None of the fringe players have stated a case to get in the team

All season - 5 appearances [ not sure how many starts let alone full 90 mins ]

All I am saying is we have had issue's in central midfield and out wide

plus the ' number 10' role.

None of the fringe players have stated a case to get in the team

At the beginning of the season I thought that with a squad already having five 1st / 2nd year pros, plus Boote, Johnson, Lloyd and even Smith that the lads being brought in would all have been at a level where they were challenging for a 1st team spot. I think we see now thats not the case for a lot of them.

Archived