onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Poor attendance today

Twitters

Advert

I'm the one who isn't questionning who are the better Vale fans. Your post didn't include me in your definition of a real fan. Neither did the one you quoted.

Plus my willy is huge.

Glad to see some humour but isn't it a known fact that men who brag about the size of their appendage have a complex about it!

Enough let's agree to disagree ok? But I'm right! (joke)

You have an exceptionally short memory young man if you think season after season in the fag end of the Football League is as good as it gets for this club. It's the acceptance of mediocrity which your post displays that has been the root cause of all the problems at our club in recent years. It wasn't much more than three years ago that we were playing league games against Swansea. Remind me where they are now. I'm not expecting Vale to emulate their progress but I do find it hard to accept that people like you think we shouldn't even try.

Swansea, blackpool, wigan, dare I say STOKE.

With significant investment (im not talking about ploughing money into daft wages) we can be a championship club. With a bit of luck and a good set up there is no reason why any club in the championship can't have ane exceptional season and wind up winning a playoff final or whatever. Stoke timed it to absolute perfection, and had a brilliant set up with Coates having the finances and Pulis getting results. They went up and got lucky, in my opinion in the first year, there were loads of terrible teams but since then they've not looked back, and I can't see them being in danger of relegation any time soon.

I'm not expecting to see us romp into the premier league with a 5 year plan. Just being able to mount a playoff challenge in league one should be the only target we have at the moment.

Swansea, blackpool, wigan, dare I say STOKE.

With significant investment (im not talking about ploughing money into daft wages) we can be a championship club. With a bit of luck and a good set up there is no reason why any club in the championship can't have ane exceptional season and wind up winning a playoff final or whatever. Stoke timed it to absolute perfection, and had a brilliant set up with Coates having the finances and Pulis getting results. They went up and got lucky, in my opinion in the first year, there were loads of terrible teams but since then they've not looked back, and I can't see them being in danger of relegation any time soon.

I'm not expecting to see us romp into the premier league with a 5 year plan. Just being able to mount a playoff challenge in league one should be the only target we have at the moment.

Speculate to accumulate young man see you at Wimbledon===

Read the post eh? It is not really that difficult and if I have a complex, then many others seem to have the same complex on here. Perhaps that is what you expect, though, eh?

How dare we all ask these pesky questions? We should just leave it all up to those 'in the know' to make all the decisions for the club.

Again, I have heard all your nonsense before - probably from you under one of your other guises on here.

The implication in your post was that I favoured the ameriturf investment.

Completely wrong. This is the complex I'm talking about.

the whole "if in doubt ASSUME HE IS GLENN" thing.

I hope when Glenn and Bratt are gone than Mark Sims can work with Lloyd becaue it would be great to have a fan there with vision, accumen, and funds to back it up. But frankly I don't want to spend every waking second of my life pressing F5 on one vale fan so I know the ins and outs of what Bill has in his wheelie bin.

I said investment, you assumed that I am wearing a pro board cap with a flag of Bills face draped round me and stickers everywhere.

It's a complex. It certainly isn't rational or even explainable.

The implication in your post was that I favoured the ameriturf investment.

Completely wrong. This is the complex I'm talking about.

the whole "if in doubt ASSUME HE IS GLENN" thing.

I hope when Glenn and Bratt are gone than Mark Sims can work with Lloyd becaue it would be great to have a fan there with vision, accumen, and funds to back it up. But frankly I don't want to spend every waking second of my life pressing F5 on one vale fan so I know the ins and outs of what Bill has in his wheelie bin.

I said investment, you assumed that I am wearing a pro board cap with a flag of Bills face draped round me and stickers everywhere.

It's a complex. It certainly isn't rational or even explainable.

Right....a lot of assumptions in this post - and I'm the one with the complex.

I asked you a series of reasonable questions - in fact, I didn't really ask you (you don't have any answers clearly) but I asked them generally, as others have asked them before and will undoubtedly ask them in the future. There was no assumption behind them.

So the first bit of your post is rubbish, quite frankly.

I come on here every so often as I have a life, so not sure who that third paragraph is aimed at. I agree on the Mark Sims point.

You nailed your colours to the mast when you referred to MS and MC's demands as 'ridiculous' when anyone who is even vaguely even handed about this would see that they are clearly not ridiculous.

Your first posts on here - and I know this as I was online last Sunday - was to make an annoucement which was a pee take of Rob. So forgive me if I don't take you 100% seriously. I don't think you're Glenn actually, but I do suspect you have been on here before under another username.

I asked you a series of reasonable questions - in fact, I didn't really ask you (you don't have any answers clearly) but I asked them generally, as others have asked them before and will undoubtedly ask them in the future. There was no assumption behind them.

I come on here every so often as I have a life, so not sure who that third paragraph is aimed at. I agree on the Mark Sims point.

You nailed your colours to the mast when you referred to MS and MC's demands as 'ridiculous' when anyone who is even vaguely even handed about this would see that they are clearly not ridiculous.

Your first posts on here - and I know this as I was online last Sunday - was to make an annoucement which was a pee take of Rob. So forgive me if I don't take you 100% seriously. I don't think you're Glenn actually, but I do suspect you have been on here before under another username.

At the risk of being labelled as someone with a complex ===

Going to the press with a 7 day deadline on two directors leaving their post is ridiculous. Roles reversed they'd have been laughed out of waterworld.

I signed up to the site when it started crashing and it was made readable to account holders. Since then I have found OVFs Rob Fieldings 3rd person introductions funny. I posted it in off topic and me and my mate both laughingly said before I posted it that we can gurantee that someone will take it seriously, and that someone will think that I'm glenn.

My previous account was Frank Talk. Before that Glenn O...oh **** Ive lost my cover.

fuzzyvalefan et al,

You, like everyone else can choose to either go games or not.

However I trust you will agree that if it had not been for B&G followed by SEO and NLV we would still have a Boardroom consisting of Bratt, Jackson, Mudie, Oliver & Co who have taken the club down the leagues whilst seeing debts escalate to a very worrying level.

But, the worst inictment is that in doing this they chose to treat the fans and shareholders with absolute contempt.

Thanks to those protesters (and no-one else) we are on the verge of a new dawn at the club whereby hopefully new investors will be sought and welcomed. Now Oliver and Bratt have signed up to go then its up to Mike Lloyd to get Mark Sims onto the Board ASAP and encourage Bratt and Oliver to 'retire early'.

If he succeeds then we might just start believing that there is a future for our club.

If Bratt and Oliver genuinely believed in our club they would resign tomorrow so that all the fans who have spoken and emailed me can again feel that they want to come through the turnstiles at Vale Park.

FYI the years of service of the people staying away exceeds 11,000 years of supporting the Vale. Think about it 11,000 years!

But its not in the nature of Bratt & Co to do what's in the best interest of our club, so a saga that could end is being dragged out ever longer - throughout all that time it will hurt the club financially, and hurt the fans who aren't going even more.

Mike Lloyd has said that the protests have cost £100,000 - I'm pleased to hear that he used the word protests not protesters because its not the latter who have caused this as all they have done is react to a Board that has been derelict in its duty to keep fans and shareholders involved in an organisation V2001 that has the motto 'For us All'

Its the apathy of fans who have accepted the 'we are where we are' diatribe that has ensured that our first 4 matches have been against Crawley Town, Barnet, Burton Albion and the mighty Accrington Stanley whilst our near neighbours opened their season against Chelsea.

We may well be 'we are where we are' but some of us are prepared to fight to get us back to 'we are where we were'

Bump. What a top post.

To either of you, what is your definition of the board.

I put it to both of you that THE BOARD has not been THE BOARD since the EGM.

Bratt seems like he is well and truly going sooner rather than later.

Oliver for the first time has actually set a date for his term coming to an end rather than spouting for all to hear how he will walk away whenever.

Lloyd speaks well, I wouldn't be upset in the slightest to give him and Perry Deakin a chance to work together to get investment. And hopefully Mark Sims and Mo Chaudry will stop with the ridiculous demands now they are on the way to getting what they want.

Plus a winning team will always generate more money, and we have a winning team at the moment.

A collective of individuals who have control of the business [individuals in this case because they can not be connected]

Bratt seems to be going... again.... and again... and again... but not gone

Oliver has also cast doubt regarding his leaving statement.

Lloyd speaks well saying whatever the listener wants to hear, as does a snake oil salesman.

I thought Mo and Sims set a deadline for answers... to open dialogue... but I could be mistaken.

The fact that a number of original board members have left is immaterial, there is still no change in direction, attitude or positions... shuffling the deck doesnt change the contents of the pack.

The big picture is simple.... whoever/whatever has contributed to the reduction in gates is immaterial.... the argument about IF gates have reduced is similar.... the simple fact is that the average gate needed to maintain the clubs financial break even is not being achieved, even with a good start, good weather and the "promises" from on high... we need higher gates than the average on good days to compensate for the freezing night games that will undoubtedly come and the inevitable bad spell of results.

I honestly don't know if i'll bother to return.This whole saga has left a bitter taste in my mouth.Fans turning on each other e.t.c.Haven't been so far and haven't really missed it.

After the events at the Crawley game with fans turning on fans I thought that my days at VP were numbered and that those in the ground were just on a big pro-board love in.

I have to confess that I went yesterday (after several days of struggling with my conscience) and that once in the ground it was actually ok)

I hate what the board have done to the club over the last few years and fingers crossed once the board room saga is concluded we can get back to all supporting the team

Archived