onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lloyd blame protest for Vale not making a profit

The Wonder of You

Mike Lloyd say's.

Solicitors' charges. The money has had to be spent to enable the club to properly handle it's legal responsibilities with regards to the EGM and be fully compliant with company law.

Sorry Mike but we were promised an EGM anyway.The club failed to do one until NLV forced one.So the club would have still had to pay anyway even IF they had stuck by their promise.

Advert

So can we agree that when Lloyd said "the protests cost 100k" he meant that the club had spent 100k of policing, stewarding and legal fees whereas some took it to be him trying to claim the police bill had risen 100k?

Honestly doesn't seem to be a massive fraud attempt to me, just a bit of a lack of clarity and a few assumptions being made. Add that to the fact he's communicating by mail and will give a complete breakdown today then I don't honestly think if you're being rational you can be that upset.

Did you not think that the board would use lawyers to prepare for the egm? Did you not think the police would reclassify a few games? We might draft in a few more stewards?

So can we agree that when Lloyd said "the protests cost 100k" he meant that the club had spent 100k of policing, stewarding and legal fees whereas some took it to be him trying to claim the police bill had risen 100k?

Honestly doesn't seem to be a massive fraud attempt to me, just a bit of a lack of clarity and a few assumptions being made. Add that to the fact he's communicating by mail and will give a complete breakdown today then I don't honestly think if you're being rational you can be that upset.

Did you not think that the board would use lawyers to prepare for the egm? Did you not think the police would reclassify a few games? We might draft in a few more stewards?

but its these ambiguous comments that are a frustrating trait of the board under Bratt

why not say on RS that the 100k included the egm legal costs?

i tell you why, its so the average fan in the street turns against the protesters thats why

How much did the propaganda pamphlet before the EGM cost the club?????

I think for design and content £00.00, printing would have cost mind although it would have been better and cheaper if a primary school class did it.

Professional, my ****!

but its these ambiguous comments that are a frustrating trait of the board under Bratt

why not say on RS that the 100k included the egm legal costs?

i tell you why, its so the average fan in the street turns against the protesters thats why

I see where you're coming from but I do think this is mountain from molehill stuff. It does show how far apart the fans and board are at the moment that every statement has to be guarded and wrapped in disclaimers but I get the feeling that people on both sides are desperately trying to improve the situation and that a little bit of give is going to have to be given by everyone.

I think another thing to say is that ML saying "The protests have cost us 100K" doesn't mean "The protesters have cost us 100k". He's not saying it's the protesters fault and he's recognised publicly they have to do a lot better.

I see where you're coming from but I do think this is mountain from molehill stuff. It does show how far apart the fans and board are at the moment that every statement has to be guarded and wrapped in disclaimers but I get the feeling that people on both sides are desperately trying to improve the situation and that a little bit of give is going to have to be given by everyone.

I think another thing to say is that ML saying "The protests have cost us 100K" doesn't mean "The protesters have cost us 100k". He's not saying it's the protesters fault and he's recognised publicly they have to do a lot better.

Yes, but he could have said the EGM legal fees cost Vale £100K. Yet it seems he chose to focus on the protests. He should be clear and straight about it and not argue / change his mind about what he said later.

he dint specificly say policing costs, he said 'the protests have cost the club over 100 thousand pounds and without that we would have made a profit this year'

he is now trying to say this 100k includes the legals for the egm, like you say very ambiguous comments as usual to confuse the fans so they can come back and say we have 'misconceptions'

Very misleading statement from ML which does nothing to help unite supporters?

The point is there must have been a cost to the club (a needless cost)
You correct Kev, I was being sarcastic at the lack of professionalism of the leaflet. It comes back to my argument that the board didn't want to listen to the fans or shareholders they wanted to retain their positions at any cost, financial or respectability.

Archived