onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black & Gold Suspend Protests

Bede

you can all decide for your selves when your protests are over. As ive said in another thread words come easy to this board but actions dont. I wont be going back until I know they are gone and have no control of the shares. Then i'll attend, but the problem still remains with meigh and jackson controlling shares in the background

CORRECT,

Bratt still there, Oliver is still there, Meigh is still pulling the strings with Adams, Jackson still has a big chunk of shares that he can use to scupper anything HE does not want,

AND, AND, we dont know who the major investment is ,or if they will match MC business plan,

So i am not going back till ALL is known, :unsure:

Mission accomplished, [ALMOST]

Who said SEO would not work ? :razz:

Who said protests would not work ? :razz:

Who said the EGM has failed ?:razz:

I am proud to say, Been there, Done that, Got the t-shirt, And the scarf, And the wrist band. :yes:

Any pro-boarder about ? :razz:

Advert

But that's my point. Will those not attending (which isn't all that many) at this moment in time make enough of an impact for it to be actually worth the sacrifice?

Definitely, if there are still 500 plus missing off the gate then it should force their grasping hands sooner, how dare they try and tell us who should invest into the club, keeping their dirty little secrets. They are liars and have stolen from everyone who brought shares on the back of those lies. I will not go until they have left for good.

Very disappointed in this, for me nothing has changed, weve got a board we dont trust and we know NOTHING about the investment, How many times has Bratt said hes leaving??? My SEO continues until they are through the door.

Which is exactly what the statement says: "Those supporters who have chosen to withdraw their support at home matches will make their own individual decisions as to the future attendance. We would not presume to influence them one way or the other."

Notice also the statement says: "As a result, we intend to call a moratorium on the after match protests whilst we seek further confirmation that the club is indeed taking a new and more positive direction." And also "We do, however, reserve the right to call the directors to account if the promises being made at the moment prove to lack substance ..... Broken trust is not easily re-established."

So to sum up - you've made some promises, we'll save you a few quid on after match policing in return but if you **** this up, we'll be back outside the main entrance giving you hell becasue we don't yet trust you.

Everybody is entitled you their own opinion and choice, but surely this SEO would only have a big enough impact if the majority of people didn't attend home games, which is never going to happen in reality. Correct me if I'm wrong, but those staying away are surely just denying themselves something they perhaps love (watching the club they support every Saturday) while also harming the club budget wise?

Well siad, get down there tomorrow and take advantage of the season ticket offer.

Everybody is entitled you their own opinion and choice, but surely this SEO would only have a big enough impact if the majority of people didn't attend home games, which is never going to happen in reality. Correct me if I'm wrong, but those staying away are surely just denying themselves something they perhaps love (watching the club they support every Saturday) while also harming the club budget wise?

Actually no Beechy

The issue is that the club has used all its cash reserves and OD.

Now, lets assume just 500 adults do not renew, thats £150,000 in revenue, revenue the club has no way of covering the cash shortfall for.

Its all based around what the club has budgeted the break even at. I believe its 4400 ST and 1400 average pay on the day. In other words the club can not afford any adult under the 4400 ST break even not to renew, it has no cash reserve.

SEO has had a massive impact, almost 1,000 Vale fans down on last seasons opening fixture spelt the end of the boards hopes in my opinion, financially they can not risk that we have a promotion season as they have no cash. Going out of the league cup so early just served to pile on the pressure as well.

I do believe change is happening, I also believe who ever the new potential investors are will have stipulated that the board members that the customers want removing have to go or else they will not invest, the only sticking point is the purchasing of the directors shares, I believe they have their exit strategy now.

Fairy snuff, I think the protests had perhaps largely run their course in some ways, as much as I'm all for getting rid of these ****s running our club.

However I won't be attending tomorrow and I have a prior engagement for the Southend match however I may well return for Bradford/Shrewsbury should we see positive progress!

Archived