onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

How many others believed the hype.....

tobert1985

Advert

In all honesty at first the board did what they set out to do and stabalized the club

I'm not sure that's true. Valiant 2001 bought the club with a large chunk of borrowed money and have never freed the club from that debt - indeed, during their tenure they have tripled it. They came on board with the good intentions but, as the saying goes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

you guess wrong mate vale are where they are because they have a small fan base Compared to who? Others in this league? League 1? We actually have a very good fan base for a team in either of them divisions. A following that would only grow stronger if we worked our way up the footballing ladder

in a cash poor city with knowbody waiting to come in and throw money at them. It's not like we've had any body put a bid in or anything. Heaven forbid the current board should really put us in the shop window.

a good board would balance the books but balancing the books doesnt win promotion or give you a fan base, No, balancing the books allows you to invest in better players, better training facilities, back room staff, facilities for fans, advertising campaigns for ST sales, match day offers. All of which will result in better football, maybe leading to promotion, and a bigger fan base

vale slipped through the leagues because of wage and the cost of football in the late 90's through to today, yet others have coped with this cost and are doing better than we are

yes the vale board are rubbish i dont disagree at all, we are where we are is bull sh!t. the board have out priced out manouvered and drove away fans investors and some sponsers. stoke are where they are because of coates cash and investment this board will die in there padded seats in my opinion my concern is how small of a club will vale be if people keep staying away My concern is how far we have fallen under the current board and how no action taken so far has had the desired result. My other concern is how small of a club we will become if the current board make losses year after year and don't welcome investment. Something needs doing, and not going games might be the way forward. If people aren't happy they won't go, SEO is just a public title some fans have given themselves. None of this fuss would have been caused if the same number of fans had just silently slipped away into the ether. If that had happened then the anger directed at SEO would have been directed straight at the board. For me this is SEOs mistake, being too public.

I'm not sure that's true. Valiant 2001 bought the club with a large chunk of borrowed money and have never freed the club from that debt - indeed, during their tenure they have tripled it. They came on board with the good intentions but, as the saying goes, the rod to hell is paved with good intentions.

Where would Vale be with a new board then, what would the fan base be and dont tell me bumped up attendences for plum fixtures in the championship era and where would sponsership and investment come from because if im a stoke based company i want my board on match of the day and sky sports

not the football league show

i dont mean cash as in look at my bank balance i meen cash on the pitch

I'm sorry mate but you said "but this is ridiculous you have cash and they need it ok......... so how long have vale survived on a shoesting because i cant remember the last time we had any cash,". That to me means cash in the bank.

I have no objection to you having an opinion but if the facts change, I change my opinion, you seem to change what you claim to have said in the first place.

Please don't assume that those who want the Board to go are going to belittle the opinons of those who disagree with them. I am happy to take on board any evidence which will make me change my opinion. So far, I haven't seen any. I've seen quite a few people claiming to want the Board out but offering no means of achieving it. I have seen people like you who seem to be, with respect, a little confused about the situation.

Another clueless idiot thread.

Don't call him a clueless idiot and immediately antagonise him further. Explain to him why you believe he's wrong and get him on your side. It's the only away. I try very hard not to abuse people on here - sometimes it's very difficult to bite your tongue - but starting your response like this is bad tactics in my opinion.

Feel free to abuse me if you wish. :razz:

decent reply but all of the things you list cost money that would unbalnce said books

Well I was kind of hoping the board (new board hopefully) would do more than balance the books, maybe post a profit and use it to reinvest into the club the following season?

I'm sorry mate but you said "but this is ridiculous you have cash and they need it ok......... so how long have vale survived on a shoesting because i cant remember the last time we had any cash,". That to me means cash in the bank.

I have no objection to you having an opinion but if the facts change, I change my opinion, you seem to change what you claim to have said in the first place.

Please don't assume that those who want the Board to go are going to belittle the opinons of those who disagree with them. I am happy to take on board any evidence which will make me change my opinion. So far, I haven't seen any. I've seen quite a few people claiming to want the Board out but offering no means of achieving it. I have seen people like you who seem to be, with respect, a little confused about the situation.

Well heres my OPINION i think the NLV the SEO and B&G have proved to be quite astute in there campaigns for change clever at times fool hardy at others, why not unite as one and use the obvious skills to gain followin to seek investment from anywhere outside of Mo present the board with this as i have doubt theyd find it and then dislodge the board. the camapins gained publicity proved theres a love fo the team and a spirit everything up to the EGM to me seemed excellent so why not seek investment just a thought

In all honesty at first the board did what they set out to do and stabalized the club but they then became what they opposed in Bill Bell and out stayed there welcome and never found the investment, but unless we strike oil theres never going to be millions in boslem

I think this is where the resentment for a lot started. A lot of people chipped in what they could in the belief that they were backing a noble cause, preventing the club from falling into the hands of the Icelandics and being wound up (I think that was the propaganda that was peddled here at the time). Whether or not that was true I guess we will never really know.

We were told that this was an interim measure and our saviours would use our money to stabilise the club while they looked for somebody who could take the club forward. Somewhere along the line this last bit was forgotten and they ended up selling their souls and our club to Peter Jackson for a hundred grand.

All very sad really. I witnessed stuff yesterday that stunned me. You don't have to scratch too deep around the club to find some pretty nasty people on both sides of the fence.

The guy in the blue t-shirt and his mates that came out of the Lorne Street entrance for a cigarette were spoiling for a fight and one protester was almost frothing at the mouth and looked only too willing to oblige. The club security that followed them out thought that this was funny.

The whole thing is twisted.

Well heres my OPINION i think the NLV the SEO and B&G have proved to be quite astute in there campaigns for change clever at times fool hardy at others, why not unite as one and use the obvious skills to gain followin to seek investment from anywhere outside of Mo present the board with this as i have doubt theyd find it and then dislodge the board. the camapins gained publicity proved theres a love fo the team and a spirit everything up to the EGM to me seemed excellent so why not seek investment just a thought

Investment has been sought in the past, been brought to the table and been rejected. The removal of this Board and the appointment of an interim Board tasked with seeking investment is what NLV were trying to achieve at the EGM.

I think this is where the resentment for a lot started. A lot of people chipped in what they could in the belief that they were backing a noble cause, preventing the club from falling into the hands of the Icelandics and being wound up (I think that was the propaganda that was peddled here at the time). Whether or not that was true I guess we will never really know.

We were told that this was an interim measure and our saviours would use our money to stabilise the club while they looked for somebody who could take the club forward. Somewhere along the line this last bit was forgotten and they ended up selling their souls and our club to Peter Jackson for a hundred grand.

All very sad really. I witnessed stuff yesterday that stunned me. You don't have to scratch too deep around the club to find some pretty nasty people on both sides of the fence.

The guy in the blue t-shirt and his mates that came out of the Lorne Street entrance for a cigarette were spoiling for a fight and one protester was almost frothing at the mouth and looked only too willing to oblige. The club security that followed them out thought that this was funny.

The whole thing is twisted.

excellent

Investment has been sought in the past, been brought to the table and been rejected. The removal of this Board and the appointment of an interim Board tasked with seeking investment is what NLV were trying to achieve at the EGM.

But in the past we didnt have the support and the factions that we have now people power is a weapon and tbh since the EGM Mo has hidden under a rock genuine investment would surely now be approved

I think there are a couple of lessons to be had from yesterday. The team and manager worked hard to produce a good enough performance and we got a draw. We came close to winning in the last 30 minutes and that made up for a difficult first half where i thought our stattic strike force were easily marked.

Secondly, Crawley are good league 2 side, would probably do ok in league 1 as well. But they only brought 600 fans on their biggest day. As soon as their sponsor decides in life he has had enough they will go down the pyramid again to sticky glue level. Vale should welcome investment but also leverage the club's inherent support and potential to provide stable and lasting improvement.

In all honesty at first the board did what they set out to do and stabalized the club but they then became what they opposed in Bill Bell and out stayed there welcome and never found the investment, but unless we strike oil theres never going to be millions in boslem

By there own admission they have found investment.... there was the group who offered cash straight away when newton offered.... the english consortium who countered Mos bid.... katlin offered.... harlequin were coming on board with two directors.... and other bids.

Most were turned down without reason being offered to shareholders.... some were figments of the boards imagination.... and one was refused before the board knew about it.

If you take an objective view... that its a business [a strange business I agree].... there is opportunity, possibility... it would be nice to find a sugar daddy but if that fails at least make the business viable.

Archived