onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sun 17th Jan 2016, Millwall v Port Vale, pre-match comments, the match itself

Fosse69

Despite Millwall looking very poor tonight any kind of result on Sunday would be one of the best results of the season so far. They remain the best team I have seen this season. They have probably two of the best wide players in the league in Shane Ferguson on loan from Newcastle and Jed Wallace on loan from Wolverhampton, did not show it tonight.

The game also shows there is nothing between league 2 and league 1, on that showing Oxford looked really good.

Advert

Despite Millwall looking very poor tonight any kind of result on Sunday would be one of the best results of the season so far. They remain the best team I have seen this season. They have probably two of the best wide players in the league in Shane Ferguson on loan from Newcastle and Jed Wallace on loan from Wolverhampton, did not show it tonight.

The game also shows there is nothing between league 2 and league 1, on that showing Oxford looked really good.

They have only won 5 at home all season.

The have lost their last 3 at home without scoring.

It wouldnt be "one of the best results of the season so far" at all.

They are going through a real tricky patch and looked woeful tonight.

If we have any aspirations of a top 6 finish we will go there and take it to them and get their crowd on their backs.

Christ. Stop accepting 2nd best!

Lets go and beat them and then go on to the next.

Tough game, could play Brown and Grant?

Alnwick

Purkiss--- Duffy-- McGivern-- Dicko

--------------Brown Grant---------------

Moore ------------------ Foley

----------- O'Connor------------

AJ

Youre more negative than Page!

If you watched the Oxford/millwall game you would realise, as with any lower league game, attack is the best policy.

Oxford destroyed Millwall tonight with two wingers and a very good striker in Kemar Roofe.

Sadly, i dont think we have better going forward even though we are a league higher but i would hope we wont go there with a back 4 and 2 protecting like you suggest!!!

That just invites trouble.

If you watched the Oxford/millwall game you would realise, as with any lower league game, attack is the best policy.

Oxford destroyed Millwall tonight with two wingers and a very good striker in Kemar Roofe.

Sadly, i dont think we have better going forward even though we are a league higher but i would hope we wont go there with a back 4 and 2 protecting like you suggest!!!

I think barring any injuries we're pretty much guaranteed to go same again which isn't hugely positive but neither is it as negative as the previously mentioned formation.

haha i never said id play that team spunkers, someone just said that its a call between Grant and Brown and i said both could be accomodated.

Going down for this one, looking forward to a good day out! Hoping we have ago and try and get at them from the off. If we lose having attacked and been positive then I don't think anyone will be to disappointed but if we just sit off and be negative then that will be disappointing considering their relatively poor home record and their current form. They are a good side as they proved at Vale but I reckon were playing them at the best time especially as they played Thursday night too.

Doubt that Mr. Roofe will be staying at Oxford for much longer--he looks a real prospect!

They have only won 5 at home all season.

The have lost their last 3 at home without scoring.

It wouldnt be "one of the best results of the season so far" at all.

They are going through a real tricky patch and looked woeful tonight.

If we have any aspirations of a top 6 finish we will go there and take it to them and get their crowd on their backs.

Christ. Stop accepting 2nd best!

Lets go and beat them and then go on to the next.

I never want us to settle for second best, i would love us see us start with 2 strikers up top, 2 wingers and have a good go at them but can't see our manager setting up like that.

For me any kind of positive result would be the best result of the season looking at our away record. Our away wins have been at Blackpool, Barsnley and Fleetwood, all in the bottom 8 and we have 2 draws at Crewe and Swindon.

We have 0 points against any teams in the top 14 away from home, 7 matches played and 7 defeats with only 1 goal scored.

Millwall who I admit were awful last night have lost the last 3 home game but they were against a team in Oxford who beat Swansea, Walsall and Gillingham both in the top 3.

I want us to be positive and get at them early on because their crowd will get on their back if things aren't going for them but still think anything from this will be a good result especially with the games we have coming up in February weather permitting.

For those that are arriving via train at South Bermondsey. The normal access to the away end, next to the station exit is closed, so you might need to allow a little more time to walk around to the ground. 10-15 mins should see you right.

Thanks very much for the info. Has this been done for any other reason than to inconvenience the away fans?!

Thanks very much for the info. Has this been done for any other reason than to inconvenience the away fans?!

A new station just down the line and some sort of train fly over into London Bridge. General improvements to the surrounding area plus housing and a like. (Bars, Restaurants and other such places that will charge you lots for artisan and other such crap that the locals carnt afford)

Its an up and coming area around here, they have even taken the security guard off the local Greggs.

A new station just down the line and some sort of train fly over into London Bridge. General improvements to the surrounding area plus housing and a like. (Bars, Restaurants and other such places that will charge you lots for artisan and other such crap that the locals carnt afford)

Its an up and coming area around here, they have even taken the security guard off the local Greggs.

The gentry are getting everywhere.

:laugh::laugh:

You may laugh, I am genuinely serious about the security guard on Greggs.

Other highlights you may encounter are the local the folk from the local travellers camp next to the station taking their Pony & Traps (Honestly not cockney rhyming slang) for some exercise and a quick run around the block. Makes nipping to Tesco on a Sunday like a Olympic event.

Archived