onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sun 17th Jan 2016, Millwall v Port Vale, pre-match comments, the match itself

Fosse69

Advert

Other teams who play one up front have dangerous players in behind who are prepared to make runs in behind the opposition defence.

Give some examples of such lge 1 players and their goal total from running in from behind.

Vale have used Dodds, Foley and Daniel (and AJ at times) in that role with some degree of success.

Vale are 10th in the table before today with no goals scored by defenders (I think) and very few scored from set pieces. RP had to improve the team defensively from last season, this he's done but at a cost of scoring less with a more cautious approach, one up top.

Its not the fact we are losing, its themanner in which we consistantly lose games away from home, no fight, no battle, no ability to change tactics.

I personally can accept losing, as you say we are port vale not barca, however i dont care if its a kick about in the park or port vale in l1, you put a shift in every time, no excuses.

To many of our squadare bottle jobs& rarely look up for it, too many have a day off on away games, particularly sunday away games, that is unacceptable & not just page & his staff but players as well collectively take the blame for that because its about attitude & mentality...and at PVFC it is all wrong.

It's a game of football we will play rubbish sometimes or the opposition might play well and simply beat us but to say boycott games is undeniably the most stupidest comment I've heard on here

Been much better since going with two up top. Actually have something up top.

Too late again though isn't it. Hopefully for next time he goes with what might work well, rather than the same 11 just because they won.

Meh, bring on Bradford, I'm getting withdrawals.

It's a game of football we will play rubbish sometimes or the opposition might play well and simply beat us but to say boycott games is undeniably the most stupidest comment I've heard on here

I agree & whoever said boycott games needs to give their head a serious wobble.

But i will say its not a one off defeat away from home is it...our away record is one of poorest not just in league 1 but in english football. Thats not an accident....

Archived