onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

More signings

yorky valiant

People are behind him...Fully. And the players..

Sadly one or two arnt..

Being behind Micky or not doesn't really matter when you have a board that makes it impossible to succeed. Thats why every manager in the last 8 years has failed. Including Micky himself for the last 2 years.

Every summer for the last 8 years people on have been overly optimistic saying how we are going to be promoted this year as we have future england manager Lee Sinnott ohh look how well he did at Farsley, Jim Gannon look how he revolutionised Stockport and got them promoted, ohh we have Micky Adams look how well he did at brighton etc etc insert flavour of the month manager. ZZZZzzzzzz every year HYPE and building a fake buzz and every year it ends in Failure.

Unless you have a goldfish memory or are a board stooge deep down you know this season will be the 9th season Ballsed up in a row for Valiant 2001 and will yet again end in disappointment.

How many years do you need before you get it?? 10 years, 15 years?

Advert

Guest potalot1

Talk about pessimistic..

I would stay in tomorrow if i were you, you never know what bad stuff may happen..Jeeez...:ohmy:

I was optimistic back in 2003. But we've done this Bill Bratt loop of failure for 8 years now. So we all know how its goes. Just when you think things might finally be looking up Bill Bratt and co do something stupid to drag us back down again.

It's not a knee jerk reaction its having the optimism beaten out of me for the last 8 years by Valiant 2001.

ZZZZZZzzzz Yawn we've had the SAME MANAGER for the start of the last 2 seasons and finished 10th and 11th. The season ends in May not December so that is irrelevant. Blackpool were top of the premier league at one stage last season and still got relegated by the end of the season.

It's where you finish that matters.

so why do you bother supportin vale, ****** hell ive seen probably 8 good seasons if that, out of 50. and im optomistic EVERY season , honestly if i felt like you , i wouldnt bother.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Kent. It is called having an opinion.

Last time I looked, it wasn't against the law to have one.

Sadly, it's post like yours that make this site a bit of a bore these days. If you try to express an opinion you're moaning. If you try to debate anything, you're moaning.

How about trying to debate the points raised rather than simply labelling posts as moaning? Perhaps then people might come around to your way of thinking.

Grow up!

I'm more than capable of debating, however it seems that this site is overun by cynics, as you can see I'm a junior member, not a junior fan.

You were moaning about 1 nil wins where as I would accept any win if it took Vale out of this league (in th right direction).

Also vale were capable of keeping 20 clean sheets last season, 9 goals conceded by december.

However I do agree with you on the fact that we need more goals, but doesn't every team!

Unless we get bankrolled (step forward Mo) we arent going to find a capable striker willing to drop down a division for the wages we can pay. We have to scrape the barrel so to speak and gamble on an untried non-league player. This is where managerial pedigree plays a part. Gannon signed rubbish, Adams signed Loft & Haldane for nothing.

Players are attracted to Micky Adams because of what he's done in the game. If you look at the way he plays he doesn't set us up to knock in 5 a game. It's hoof it forward and play off the second ball football and when we score we tighten up. We were winning games 1 and 2 nil last year, expect to see the same again. As long as MRico is firing we'll be alright. Hopefully Williamson's presence will give JRico a kick up the ****.

We managed to be top for much of last season and were second when mickey left without scoring many goals. Williamson looks like he could get a few next season. And people who say we finished 10th and 11th under mickey are clutching at negative straws, first season 10th was a good result following the previous season and the way we were going and for the second half of that season we were the best team in the division and judge mickey on how we did whisle he was hear last season, 2nd when he left and played a higher proportion of the top teams. There is a valid reason for being optimistic about what might happen on the pitch next season but all this anti board atmosphere is clouding peoples opinion and creating a whole round negative opinion on the team.

Being behind Micky or not doesn't really matter when you have a board that makes it impossible to succeed. Thats why every manager in the last 8 years has failed. Including Micky himself for the last 2 years.

Every summer for the last 8 years people on have been overly optimistic saying how we are going to be promoted this year as we have future england manager Lee Sinnott ohh look how well he did at Farsley, Jim Gannon look how he revolutionised Stockport and got them promoted, ohh we have Micky Adams look how well he did at brighton etc etc insert flavour of the month manager. ZZZZzzzzzz every year HYPE and building a fake buzz and every year it ends in Failure.

Unless you have a goldfish memory or are a board stooge deep down you know this season will be the 9th season Ballsed up in a row for Valiant 2001 and will yet again end in disappointment.

How many years do you need before you get it?? 10 years, 15 years?

Jesus yet another player related thread totally strangled by the doom and gloom merchants who use it to bash everything in sight.

The initial post was about more signings, how many posts have been on it???

It really is becoming quite stale hearing the same negative opinions on every thread irrespective of their supposed focus.

For me we need one more striker, a quick tall striker ideally (not Pope).

signed rubbish, Adams signed Loft & Haldane for nothing.

Players are attracted to Micky Adams because of what he's done in the game.

Using haldane as an example of good players being attracted by micky adams kinda sounds odd. Personally I think adams strength was getting mediocre players fit, playing for each other and grinding out results. His transfer dealing however left much to be desired.

We managed to be top for much of last season and were second when mickey left without scoring many goals. Williamson looks like he could get a few next season. And people who say we finished 10th and 11th under mickey are clutching at negative straws, first season 10th was a good result following the previous season and the way we were going and for the second half of that season we were the best team in the division and judge mickey on how we did whisle he was hear last season, 2nd when he left and played a higher proportion of the top teams. There is a valid reason for being optimistic about what might happen on the pitch next season but all this anti board atmosphere is clouding peoples opinion and creating a whole round negative opinion on the team.
I'll try that excuse at work just walk out and leave half way through the day. Then when everything comes crashing down. I'll just say it was fine when I left. You can't blame me.

Then I'll say "can I come back and work for you again boss on triple money?"

He'll say "You won't just walk out again half way through the job will you?"

I'll say "no way of course not", whilst I turn away from him and smirk at his stupidity knowing full well i'm off as soon as the next offer comes in. :D

Top post.

I'll try that excuse at work just walk out and leave half way through the day. Then when everything comes crashing down. I'll just say it was fine when I left. You can't blame me.

I'll say "no way of course not", whilst I turn away from him and smirk at his stupidity knowing full well i'm off as soon as the next offer comes in. :D

You are too cynical for words, its been done to death that it was Micky's dream job as the reason he left. He went with the blessing of the club who made money out of it to boot.

Let's hope Micky isn't as cynical as your good self.

That offer won't come in if were not doing well and if in the chance that happens again we make sure we place the right person in the job to replace him not some bafoon who wants to destroy what has been built up.

Check the bookmakers odds. As the old saying goes "you never see a poor bookie" I think top 7 will be very tough. Negative? No realistic.

You are too cynical for words' date=' its been done to death that it was Micky's dream job as the reason he left.[/quote']Yes and so it will be next time he leaves us for another club. Please don't be so naive to think he won't jump at the chance to get away from Vale if he can.

He went with the blessing of the club who made money out of it to boot.
We've made zero money out of it. Adams leaving has ended up costing the club an absolute fortune. As we have since brought in Gannon on a new contract and then paid off that contract to great expense. Then to get Micky back in time for the EGM bratt paid way over the odds and put him on a mega money deal.

Anyway just for you i'm going to be optimistic and live in your little dream world for a bit and say we have a good season ahead of us*. :clap: :upthevale:

*WE JUST NEED THE F.A. TO END THE SEASON AT CHRISMAS OR KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED THAT MICKY CAN BE ARSED TO STAY FOR A WHOLE SEASON.

Check the bookmakers odds. As the old saying goes "you never see a poor bookie" I think top 7 will be very tough. Negative? No realistic.

Think we were about 10th favourite last season before the season started. Very close to call if you look at the bookies odds. IMO top 7 would be an achievement but I wouldn't be totally surprised if we did go up automatically but I am fed up with all the negativity off some surrounding the team and mickey Adams, I wish the fans would separate their opinions between the board and the team. Our squad is stronger going into this season than last so why not??

Archived