onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Micky Adams leaves Sligo Rovers !

Gareths54

The fact is that he still struggled in the start of that season and most on here wanted him gone... He should have left in the summer really when he seemed 50/50 and that his heart wouldnt be in it anyway. Credit to him for walking away.

I agree although I'm not certain we are any better now.

To me he goes with my huge thanks for the way he held the club together, won a miraculous promotion, gave us our highest placed league finish for 10 years or more, a splendid kit manufacturer and walked and saved us a big pay off.

I can't understand the mentality of those that clearly hate him or even simply try to stain his name, not that I am suggesting you are one.

Advert

That was part of it and in which case for the reasons I have suggested about what he did for the club added to his contacts in the game widely I'm sure Smurf would snap him up as Director of Football Operations and I would be right behind him.

I'd prefer Adams was doing it than Smurthwaite or Glover. I'd rather we employed the best person out there. As everyone is so keen to say on the various "Page Out" threads, there are lots of very qualified people just waiting for the call to come and work for the Vale...

I'd prefer Adams was doing it than Smurthwaite or Glover. I'd rather we employed the best person out there. As everyone is so keen to say on the various "Page Out" threads, there are lots of very qualified people just waiting for the call to come and work for the Vale...

Adams would be preferred to the two at the moment managing the football operations. But I get the feeling from what Smurf has said following Adams leaving the club, that the two no longer see eye to eye on how a football club should be run. That probably rules him out :)

Having said all that, I would love the Vale to bring someone in for that sort of role. I think it's what we're crying out for. Someone with experience of the game that can put translate Smurf's wishes into success on the pitch.

I have two abiding memories of Micky Adams.

The first is (kind of ) winning promotion against Northampton and some of the brilliant games that season.

The other is when we went in to administration and all the fans rallied round, even Stoke fans came to the home game and chucked some money in the buckets and one lad on Radio Stoke said how he'd donated all the money he'd received for his birthday. Micky Adams came on after the final whistle and, when everyone associated with the club need a rallying call, he was utterly ungrateful, petulant, miserable and surly.

I think those are the 2 sides of Micky and explain why, although he might be respected and appreciated, he'll never be loved by the majority of Vale fans.

Still, I wish him well and would happily shake his hand if he were ever lucky enough to meet me.

I have two abiding memories of Micky Adams.

The first is (kind of ) winning promotion against Northampton and some of the brilliant games that season.

The other is when we went in to administration and all the fans rallied round, even Stoke fans came to the home game and chucked some money in the buckets and one lad on Radio Stoke said how he'd donated all the money he'd received for his birthday. Micky Adams came on after the final whistle and, when everyone associated with the club need a rallying call, he was utterly ungrateful, petulant, miserable and surly.

I think those are the 2 sides of Micky and explain why, although he might be respected and appreciated, he'll never be loved by the majority of Vale fans.

Still, I wish him well and would happily shake his hand if he were ever lucky enough to meet me.

Jesus wept, you don't help yourself at times

Archived