onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf apologises for Sunday

Mario

So a "midfield" 5 of MOC, Grant, Foley, Daniel, Moore unless I'm misunderstanding? Not many open play goals and not much defensive cover there.

We dont have much of a goal threat regardless, say one of those 5 were dropped, we would only have a choice of dodds, aj or hooper to come in. For me our strongest area (now were without inniss and streete isnt being selected) is in the centre of midfield. I think we need to play to our strengths and control the midfield, id certainly have foley playing higher up that Oconnor and Grant, with Grant being the protector of the back four.

Advert

It's pretty obvious Daniel doesn't think he's a winger as it looked to me that because he couldn't play as a forward this week he didn't want to know. Ever likely he had a tight hamstring it was because his muscles were ceasing up from putting no effort in.

How many of our shots when we let them go went over the bar, simply if you don't hit the ball between the posts you won't score unless of course the opposing full back does it for you :D

I think were all hoping this will turn out to be another Macclesfield moment and not a Canvey Island. Fingers crossed

O'Connor is not playing to his usual standards and presumably is still fighting to retain his fitness and it shows recently. Daniel is an enigma. On Sunday, frankly he gave the impression he couldn't care less. He is not a centre forward, he is not a full back, he is not a midfielder. He simply is a squad filler. AJ is not up to Division 1 standards bless him though for all the effort he puts in. Moore flits in and out of games a la Dodds and really we can't afford to carry players who do that consistently. Uche is a raw youngster learning his trade and it does come across that Vale's coaches cannot get the best out of him. Inconsistency at the back keep costing us with luke warm performances from Dicko, McGiven and Duffy.

Wow, the above appears to suggest that I am hating Vale...but far from it I am being realistic! I am stating what most of us know. It comes to a point though when all of our frailties appear all at once and everyone, nearly, has an off day on the same game. This was not happening early season and we had the majority of players actually turning in good games together. That has now disappeared and each game seems to show us the majority of the squad having poor games together.

Is this down to the coaching, or lack of? Is it down to tactics? Is it down to the individual players? If we all knew the definitive answer then Vale would be top of the League!

Although some posters on here continually snipe at the Owner/Players/Manager it is my belief that the vast majority of us want success for Vale and we are entitled to voice our opinions. Clarity can become clouded in our rants and passionate observations. Face it, we are a Division 1 club with limited resources to improve overnight. Improvement has massively been made in the 3 years our Owner has been here. are some of us falling into the trap of wanting/demanding immediate success and promotion and a long Cup run as a right?

I chose my code name for a reason when I first came on here. I still think it wise to follow that maxim. We need to stick together and offer our support to a Club that is perhaps not giving us what we crave for ....yet. A Club most needs it's fans when matters are not going well. Let's show them we are behind them through thick and thin. We certainly will have numerous off days in future but I think most on here will still be there supporting the Club. Let's ensure our enthusiasm doesn't wane because we did not beat x, y or z.

I don't think anyone wants to fail.

Archived