onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Martin Tideswell on the NLV Poll

Jacko51

I've posted this under the article:

I agree that the business of how the voting should be conducted at an EGM is a ticklish subject. I can see the argument for one share one vote. I can also see an argument for a straight, democratic one man one vote process, especially on motions such as a vote of no confidence in the Board of Directors.

At general elections in this country we adopt the one man one vote principle. I pay a small amount of tax towards the government's purse but I get the same say in how it will be spent as a billionnaire who pays considerably more and only has one vote. Why should Port Vale be any different?

At the moment we have a situation where one bloke, with less shares than me and many other shareholders, is contributing to key decision making processes at the club whilst myself and others, have never had the slightest opportunity to contribute in this way.

The Board of Directors has already established the principle of unfairness in the decision making process. I don't see why they should bleat about a one man one vote principle being unfair at an EGM.

I've also been wondering since I posted that, when a vote takes place in the Board Room, is it based around individual shareholding (in which case Mr Jackson and Mr Meigh would win any vote) or is it done on a one man one vote basis?

It seems the rules on this change with the weather.

Advert

I agree that it should not be 1 man 1 vote why should someone who has £50 get the same vote as someone who has £1,000

why would a director push share sales on the basis "for us all"

why should 28% of the owners dictate to 72% of the owners

why would a director push share sales on the basis "for us all"

why should 28% of the owners dictate to 72% of the owners

Where did I say 28% should dictate? My dad isn't on the board why should he get the same vote as someone who put in £50

The magic word is "SHAREHOLDER" and we have approx 975 of them, same as the population of the country vote at a general election the party that wins the majority vote gets in to rule the country.

People that participate who can be bothered to vote roughly 40-60% turnout which is the same as NLV poll then we go with the majority.

ONE MAN ONE VOTE SIMPLES!!!!!

Jean made a very good analogy before on who pays the most tax should get more of a say! but it isnt done that way ,one man one vote

i think some people seem to be missing the point.

our club is supposed to be a fan owned club. the interest in share quantities should be irrelevant , we are ALL fans not just those with the largest wedges invested. when voting in a general election your vote is not based on how much tax you pay , you have your single vote and that is it .

time is closing in on taking our club back at long last.

FOR US ALL not the few.

If the cabal had listened to the other directors, and the shareholders, we would not be in this mess. People understand that the people with money are likely to have the biggest say, but get very angry when they have no say at all. If they cannot understand that thier days are numbered, and resign with good grace, then we could be in for a bitter battle, for which they must take the blame.

Wouldn't 1 man 1 vote scare away investment.

Can't see Mo investing £1.2m on the basis he only gets same voting power as joe bloggs with 1 £50 share.

We gotta get ALL shareholders including Robbie AND split board and get their 30% down to less than 25%.

BB to recommend this bid to shareholders would do it. Go on Billy, let your legacy be saving Port Vale twice.

Archived