onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Local Car wash scandals

carl

I'm wary of car washes ever since watching Breaking Bad. They are all fronts for crystal meth empires.

I think they are. I get the impression the mentality of the people working there aint up to much either or else why would they do something so low and pathetic

Advert

I went to the one in Fenton last year. Got home and checked it over and then found out that my partners ring had gone! Went back and they said they knew nothing. It's use one near where shelly China used to be.

Leaving sunglasses around on the front dash is one thing...leaving valuable jewellery on the front dash is just plain stupid really

Totally agree and poor service and damage to your property are good reasons not to go back there and have understandably created a bad first impression regarding that business and the individuals that work there....just struggling with the relevance of their ethnicity and (alleged) immigration status.

Anyway the question asked was " Would you have bothered posting if they'd been white and born and bred locally?" not "has a mechanic, white, born locally ever broken your sunglasses?"

Also given the poor service could you perhaps post more on the location or name of the business so others can consider if they wish to avoid it..otherwise why mention the incident if not to help fellow OVFers avoid such problems with that business?

I'm not that naive to mention the actual business and location..people on here have enough knowledge and common sense to work it out for themselves I reckon. Yes, if you must know, I wish it be known to as many people as possible so that they lose Business. However, like I said, not naive enough to name names

im surprised ovf let you put that post on-ridiculous

Almost anything goes off topic. We have had posts on Vegetables as well you know. Anyway, I suppose you wouldn't be too chuffed if it was you that had your property broken

I'm not that naive to mention the actual business and location..people on here have enough knowledge and common sense to work it out for themselves I reckon. Yes, if you must know, I wish it be known to as many people as possible so that they lose Business. However, like I said, not naive enough to name names

I don't get it though..if you didn't post about this to warn people off from using this establishment by clearly identifying it why mention the incident?

What I also don't get is why you weren't in your car when it was being valeted as you've said before that you're too frightened to be in Tunstall outside of it; I'd have thought being amongst a gang of Asian men armed with particularly vicious looking sponges and buckets would have been enough for you to lock yourself in....after all we know what these Asian types are like

I don't get it though..if you didn't post about this to warn people off from using this establishment by clearly identifying it why mention the incident?

What I also don't get is why you weren't in your car when it was being valeted as you've said before that you're too frightened to be in Tunstall outside of it; I'd have thought being amongst a gang of Asian men armed with particularly vicious looking sponges and buckets would have been enough for you to lock yourself in....after all we know what these Asian types are like

Now you are being ridiculous

I wasn't referring to the job itself AR....the nature of the job doesn't come into it

We know exactly what you are referring to Carl and, to be honest you should have gone back to complain.

The other week Carl we needed to call in an IT technician. He duly arrived on site - probably just finished Friday prayers - and went about his tasks using a range of skills, knowledge and experience. Job done he asked us to rate his work before heading off into the sunshine to another call.

We were not in fear of our lives, he wasn't - as far as we know - a front for criminal activity or drugs, and we would most definitely recommend him to others.

Ergo, message Carl, don't go back and make sure you do not recommend the car wash to others.

Just wondering if anybody on here has had the privilege of visiting our local 'Friendly' Stoke on Trent Car washes, and had the extra privilege of having personal possessions damaged or interior damaged. Recently visited my local Tunstall one, for a 'full works' wash. This full works wash involved a full valet of my interior.

The last time I looked there were loads of car washes in and around stoke, usually more than one in any given area.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, after my car was washed waxed, and cleaned immaculately, after driving off I realised that I had the privilege of my sunglasses being snapped on one of the arms. I didn't realise until after I had left the car wash.

I thought about going back and complaining, but obviously not much grounds on there being no proof, and there were at least four asian blokes cleaning my interior. They were actually quite polite and courteous, as I was back to them...usually (and I have noticed) they get a lot of customers telling them to reclean their cars etc. I was easy going and didn't complain about anything.

Did you need proof to return and make a complaint?... apart from the broken glasses

How do you know they were asian?

If they get a lot of customers telling them to "reclean" their cars why go there?... obviously not your first visit or you wouldnt know about the "recleans"

You seemed pleased with the work they carried out

There are rumours of criminal activity at these establishments at the highest level, and many employ illegal immigrants...of which they have now sadly many to choose from.

There are rumours that racist posts appear on OVF... UKIP have 120+ members of parliament... and some people dont pay their gambling debts... its just rumours

My estimation of these 'hardworking honest immigrants' has now gone down another 200 percent:cry:

As that started at zero it must be difficult to reduce it by ANOTHER 200%

I think they are. I get the impression the mentality of the people working there aint up to much either or else why would they do something so low and pathetic

Is it any lower that temping?... order picking?... making a living in whatever job you can get?

Someone not long ago... just before the election if I recall.... insisted there were no meaningful jobs in stoke, partly due to the local council wasting money

Archived