onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

£1.7Million budget is actually on a par.

I think its a given that anyone who posts that is stupid though. Possibly stupid enough to require it pointing out

Point out where I have said that Williamson is a better footballer than Pope. You can't point it out can you? I never said that did I? And I'm the stupid one lol

Advert

Explain to me where I have said Williamson is prolific. Do you know what we have offered Williamson? No. So until we know.who is staying and who is going why is everyone suicidal??

Exactly! Apparently 1.7 million only attracts relegation and crap players even though Swindon are at Wembley on a similar budget. The mass hysteria on every single thread is laughable, it really is.

Exactly! Apparently 1.7 million only attracts relegation and crap players even though Swindon are at Wembley on a similar budget. The mass hysteria on every single thread is laughable' date=' it really is.[/quote']

Spot on REP!

Point out where I have said that Williamson is a better footballer than Pope. You can't point it out can you? I never said that did I? And I'm the stupid one lol

Clearly you are as I didn't specifically indicate anyone had said Williamson was better than Pope I said anyone who thinks this is stupid. I think my point is made though.

Clearly you are as I didn't specifically indicate anyone had said Williamson was better than Pope I said anyone who thinks this is stupid. I think my point is made though.

In posts 104 and 107 you were implying I was stupid because of that very reason. Now that I have asked you to prove where I have said Williamson is better than Pope you can't do it so now you're backtracking. Something only stupid people do ;)

In posts 104 and 107 you were implying I was stupid because of that very reason. Now that I have asked you to prove where I have said Williamson is better than Pope you can't do it so now you're backtracking. Something only stupid people do ;)

Come on you two. Haven't you got wives to fall out with instead of clogging up every thread on here?

No back tracking from me.you have jumped to conclusions based on silly comments yku have made in the past ......

Implying..... So I didn't actually say it was you, but you think its directed at you...says it all. I wonder if you were implying Williamson is better than Pope.

No back tracking from me.you have jumped to conclusions based on silly comments yku have made in the past ......

Implying..... So I didn't actually say it was you, but you think its directed at you...says it all. I wonder if you were implying Williamson is better than Pope.

:eek:

Re this whole discussion about wage budgets. Does anyone think there is any point at all in striving to get in the Championship if fans are going to withdraw support because of our wage budget and how it's spent? Getting in the Championship would be a pointless exercise because we would not be competitive in any way. Our current turnover is probably about £3.5 million. Our wage bill last year was reportedly £2.4 million to be reduced to £1.7 million. In the Championship the TV money would increase our turnover but not to anywhere near a competitive level. Have a look at this spreadsheet which shows the turnover and wage bills from the 2012-13 season.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AonYZs4MzlZbdHphRjRiVFRLdGlGTHVxOUFveHVPR3c&usp=sharing#gid=1

The total wage bills of the three relegated teams was £52.5 million. The lowest wage bill of any team was £6.2 Million by Peterborough and they were relegated - that is not far short of four times our current budget. More than half of the teams in the division spent more than 100% of their turnover on wages. That way madness lies. Vale fans want us to be challenging in League One but many seem unprepared to support through the turnstiles. Many keep reminding Smurf that he said he had the cash to take us to the Championship but what exactly would be the point of that? We would have one exciting season followed by nothing but struggle. Is it worth it? Should we just aim to stay in League One, get to the play offs each year, miss out but win the JPT and have some great cup runs?!!

Re this whole discussion about wage budgets. Does anyone think there is any point at all in striving to get in the Championship if fans are going to withdraw support because of our wage budget and how it's spent? Getting in the Championship would be a pointless exercise because we would not be competitive in any way. Our current turnover is probably about £3.5 million. Our wage bill last year was reportedly £2.4 million to be reduced to £1.7 million. In the Championship the TV money would increase our turnover but not to anywhere near a competitive level. Have a look at this spreadsheet which shows the turnover and wage bills from the 2012-13 season.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AonYZs4MzlZbdHphRjRiVFRLdGlGTHVxOUFveHVPR3c&usp=sharing#gid=1

The total wage bills of the three relegated teams was £52.5 million. The lowest wage bill of any team was £6.2 Million by Peterborough and they were relegated - that is not far short of four times our current budget. More than half of the teams in the division spent more than 100% of their turnover on wages. That way madness lies. Vale fans want us to be challenging in League One but many seem unprepared to support through the turnstiles. Many keep reminding Smurf that he said he had the cash to take us to the Championship but what exactly would be the point of that? We would have one exciting season followed by nothing but struggle. Is it worth it? Should we just aim to stay in League One, get to the play offs each year, miss out but win the JPT and have some great cup runs?!!

It all boils down to cash,ridiculous wages paid to players and demanded by agents make promotion a pipe dream,yeovil,backpool and orient all for different reasons appear to be in freefall orient have been paying championship wages and still been relegated,blackpools woes have been well documented and Yeovil tried to survive on the cheap,but it didn't work,whats the answer jacko,give a clue,give us a clue,,(to coin a phrase)

Jean, doesn't the 60% salaries of turnover apply to the Championship? Depending on the answer I may get back to you with a supplementary Q :)

Archived