onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Board Supporters Why??

So what do you personally think of Mo's offer...which is out their in the public domain for all to see?

I think the offer in the main seems fair and an attractive proposition; it's what Mo's long term plans for the club are which concerns me.

Lets not kid ourselves, his attempt to takeover the club is driven by one goal – to make money, and nothing wrong with that as unless you’re a Arab billionaire with money to throw away or a die-hard fan who's followed the team for years then that’s every owners ultimate goal, he's a businessman after all so good luck to him. But as far as I know he's not a committed Vale fan and given his previous with a certain newspaper venture and other business dealings I have strong reservations.

Like I've said before Liverpool fans where passionately calling for the head of David Moores when Hicks and Gillett unveiled their bid with promises of millions of investment for new players and a new stadium, yet those very same fans later went to town on him for allegedly "selling out".

Advert

I think the offer in the main seems fair and an attractive proposition; it's what Mo's long term plans for the club are which concerns me.

Lets not kid ourselves, his attempt to takeover the club is driven by one goal – to make money, and nothing wrong with that as unless you’re a Arab billionaire with money to throw away or a die-hard fan who's followed the team for years then that’s every owners ultimate goal, he's a businessman after all so good luck to him. But as far as I know he's not a committed Vale fan and given his previous with a certain newspaper venture and other business dealings I have strong reservations.

Like I've said before Liverpool fans where passionately calling for the head of David Moores when Hicks and Gillett unveiled their bid with promises of millions of investment for new players and a new stadium, yet those very same fans later went to town on him for allegedly "selling out".

Are you saying that the reason why Mr Bratt and the Board will not sell to Mr Chaudry is because they fear the fans will blame them at some point down the line for "selling out"? If that is the case, then surely you are arguing for the club never to accept new investment. Are you saying that is their line of thinking? If previous failed business dealings are a reason to refuse investment from Mr Chaudry, why did the Board allow Mr Lloyd to become a director when his company was guilty of taking money from a considerable number of local concert goers and giving nothing in return?

I wonder if Stoke fans are currently going to town on the Icelandic consortium for "selling out" to Peter Coates. I wonder if Ken Bates is castigated by Chelsea fans for "selling out" to Abramovich? I wonder how the Man City fans feel about the "sell out" to those Arab blokes?

I appreciate there being a concern for the future under any takeover...although I have to say I'm far more concerned about the future under the current set up.

....but basically, for you, it comes down to trust?...you like his plan, you like the money but you don't trust him.

At what point would you accept a bid from an outside party?..ever??

Are you saying because he isnt a life long vale fan, he isn't right?

Many successful businessmen, including those who have achieved great things with football clubs, have had failed businesses in the past. I'm sure their businesses have resulted in loss of jobs, unpaid creditors etc etc.....but thats just business and for a football club to be successful it needs to be run like a business and ultimately with all businesses there is risk.

Mo is a local man...I really can't see a less risky opportunity that could ever come Port Vales way.

Its about weighing up the risks with the potential rewards.....and I struggle to understand how the scales would swing but one way.

Thank you :razz:

Personally, I cannot believe that anyone can seriously believe what he has written without being either:

a) The board or friends of the board/given freebies by the board

or b) In a coma for the last years

Seriously all the facts are out there and have been for a long time, anyone who is still Pro-Board to me is 99% likely to be a) as there really is no arguments for the board other than at one time they did save the club (although they are clearly destroying it now) so why still believe all the lies that have been proven wrong? Why reiterate the same old lies the board have said and have been proved wrong?

The mind truly boggles and I can only come to the conclusion that if Bambell still feels the same after hearing Tim's reply he is either a) or on a wind up

problem with a lot of people on here is that they either patronisingly laugh or launch abuse at anyone who doesn't agree with them, which gets their cause absolutely nowhere and makes them look like a massive bell end.

not you, of course...

problem with a lot of people on here is that they either patronisingly laugh or launch abuse at anyone who doesn't agree with them, which gets their cause absolutely nowhere and makes them look like a massive bell end.

not you, of course...

No the problem is some people say such silly statements which tbh do not even deserve a reasonable response, I really question the sanity of some OVF users who support the board etc who continually state lies which have been continuously proved wrong! They dont deserve anything never mind a nice reply if they are ging to act so stupid and quite clearly have their own agenda of some kind

PS well done on being everything you moan about, youre highly hypocritical! You are the king of patronising and looking down on people :ninja:

No the problem is some people say such silly statements which tbh do not even deserve a reasonable response, I really question the sanity of some OVF users who support the board etc who continually state lies which have been continuously proved wrong! They dont deserve anything never mind a nice reply if they are ging to act so stupid and quite clearly have their own agenda of some kind

Can someone ban this clown???????????

With the greatest respect, I disagree on his motivation being to make money out of the Vale.

If Mo wants to make a quick buck, there are far, far easier industries for him to be doing it in with much less hassle involved in doing it.

I don't doubt that making money would be a great bonus and would ultimately be a goal of the club to do so, but personally for someone with Mo's track record, I don't see making himself money being a motivating factor here because football is a notoriously difficult market in which to make any in.

After all, any money he would ever make out of Vale would be relatively small beer to someone of Mo's apparent wealth.

Now if you are thinking of the lure of the challenge to make the club profitable for it's own purposes, and the ego boost that would undoubtedly provide, then you may have something.

Personally I think there is a mix of things - it's giving something back to his community, it's the challenge that running a club presents and it's the ultimate in boys toys. Nowt wrong with any of those reasons in my book.

Personally, I just fail to see why any businessman would invest £1.2 million into a football club thinking they were going to turn that into a profit because ultimately you could stick that £1.2 million into a whole myriad of better investment opportunities than a professional footy team.

I think the current board are doing a good job in exceptionally difficult circumstances during a dire financial climate – looks like we'll make a profit this season, hopefully promotion on the cards, an appointment of a CEO to freshen up the current structure and bring some fresh idea's to the table and actively looking for new investment into the club.

I think it's only right that they scrutinize any potential bids/offers properly and if for whatever reason Mo doesn’t tick all the boxes then it is totally correct for them to reject such an offer – after all I don't think theirs any disputing that they only have the interests of Vale at heart.

Thats both interesting and amusing Mr BB. ;)

Banbell- I note in typical pro board fashion you completley ignore my rational post aimed at you, no surprise really but if you want to debate properly, perhaps you could go back and give me the courtesy of a reply?

Have you spoken to Mo Chaudry and asked him directly what his aims are or asked Legal beagle a question? Neither bite and every conceivable answer has been given. As for his aims, if he wanted to make money he could find far easier ways to do it. He is driven by proving people wrong, I believe he gets a kick out of it and he is prepared to put his own money on the line to do so.

His long term aims are to restructure the business to make it viable and get to the Championship within 5 years and then take stock and see if he wants to carry on and aim higher or then sell and achieve some profit and let another more suited person take us onto the next level, his words by the way. I have no probnlem with that as we will be a far better club than we are now or can ever hope to be under the clueless devoid of ideas V2001.

What is the crime of someone actually making money either? If he makes money it will be because we have become successful and he will have used a lot of his own money to achieve it. The current directors are taking money out while we are failing and can't really afford it, money they are using to prop up their other ventures and lifestyles and when some have put next to nothing into the club to hold such privilages, which is worse?

Hicks and Gillete were taking over a big premieship club on borrowed money and a lot of borrowed money at that, Mo Chaudrey is using his own money, massive difference and no comparison.

not you, of course...

And as I have posted above, some of us ask relevant questions and get completely ignored because the posters have no real answers and know they are fighting a losing battle.

Can someone ban this clown???????????

Why becasue he has pointed out to you what you are? Revisit my previous post, answer the questions and then you might just gain some credibilty and respect, otherwise who are you to be calling for people to be banned?

Why becasue he has pointed out to you what you are? Revisit my previous post, answer the questions and then you might just gain some credibilty and respect, otherwise who are you to be calling for people to be banned?

Thank You === I was worried then that it was just me :laugh:

Archived