onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Our national side;

TylerB

Often people are pessimistic about our national side, and after many disappointments most of it is merited. But the other day I was thinking that we actually have a lot of very good young players and that if they are used correctly then there's no reason why we can't be a bit more optimistic. With the exclusion of Joe Hart, who is by far our best keeper right now, the 11 below and the 7 subs are all players under the age of 25 and should only get better and better.

Joe Hart

Phil Jones (20)

John Stones (20)

Callum Chambers (20)

Luke Shaw (19)

Jordan Henderson (24)

Ross Barkley (21)

Jack Wilshere (23)

Theo Walcott (25)

Raheem Sterling (20)

Daniel Sturridge (25)

Subs -

Jack Butland (21)

Nathaniel Clyne (23)

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (21)

Will Hughes (19)

Danny Welbeck (24)

Saido Berahino (21)

Harry Kane (21)

For me there's lots of very good players there who have the potential to be go on and become fantastic players both for club and country. That front three has the pace to tear any side a new bum-hole on any given day, and then you can also add the likes of Kane (who was sensational again today for Spurs in the local derby) and Welbeck. There's plenty to look forward to in my opinion if Hodgson, who I'm not the biggest fan of, can get it right in the next few years.

Advert

Kane, sterling, Sturridge and Walcott could all be amazing for is. I'd also put mason in this category as well.

Yeah, he's another good young player. There's quite a few who I missed out that have the potential to be really good players in the coming. Kane and Sturridge looks very tasty as a partnership on paper, and with Walcott and Sterling also running at you I'm not sure any side in the world would feel comfortable coming up against those four. I just think those that say we don't have players coming through are basically talking absolute nonsense.

I only scan read your original team and I have to say reading it properly now there are potentially some quality players there, I still think defensively there is room for improvement, especially at right back. As you say a front 4 of Walcott, Sterling, Kane and Sturridge, that is awsome.

Posted on the Prem Lge thread that one of the exciting features this season is the emergence of some great young English talent. I'd add to your list, Nathaniel Clyne, James Wilson, Ward Prowse, Andros townsend and Aaron Cresswell although I think he's a tad older 24/25 (?). Harry Kane and the guy James Wilson look to be the real deal particularly Kane who looks a natural finisher/striker and reminds me a little of Shearer.

We seem a bit short on emerging center backs but Caulker is only 23/24 (?) so has time to develop.

Often people are pessimistic about our national side, and after many disappointments most of it is merited. But the other day I was thinking that we actually have a lot of very good young players and that if they are used correctly then there's no reason why we can't be a bit more optimistic. With the exclusion of Joe Hart, who is by far our best keeper right now, the 11 below and the 7 subs are all players under the age of 25 and should only get better and better.

Joe Hart

Phil Jones (20)

John Stones (20)

Callum Chambers (20)

Luke Shaw (19)

Jordan Henderson (24)

Ross Barkley (21)

Jack Wilshere (23)

Theo Walcott (25)

Raheem Sterling (20)

Daniel Sturridge (25)

Subs -

Jack Butland (21)

Nathaniel Clyne (23)

Will Hughes (19)

Danny Welbeck (24)

Saido Berahino (21)

Harry Kane (21)

For me there's lots of very good players there who have the potential to be go on and become fantastic players both for club and country. That front three has the pace to tear any side a new bum-hole on any given day, and then you can also add the likes of Kane (who was sensational again today for Spurs in the local derby) and Welbeck. There's plenty to look forward to in my opinion if Hodgson, who I'm not the biggest fan of, can get it right in the next few years.

I like the look of Kane, seems to have come from nowhere though because when I first saw him I thought he was rubbish. I just hope he isnt a one season wonder. Exciting prospect to be sure.

Defence is the issue. I dotn udnerstand why players who look solid in the prem suddenly become panic stricken liabilities when they play for england. Pressure perhaps but surely there is pressure in the prem.

Joe Hart

Phil Jones (20)

John Stones (20)

Callum Chambers (20)

Luke Shaw (19)

Jordan Henderson (24)

Ross Barkley (21)

Jack Wilshere (23)

Theo Walcott (25)

Raheem Sterling (20)

Daniel Sturridge (25)

Subs -

Jack Butland (21)

Nathaniel Clyne (23)

Will Hughes (19)

Danny Welbeck (24)

Saido Berahino (21)

Harry Kane (21)

THOUGHT THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT FOOTBALL:laugh:

Not very impressed to be frank.:(

3-4 of the them are decent but the rest are nothing special.

How many of that lot would make Chelsea or Man City's first XI? Hardly anyone at all.

There is a huge difference in being quite a good player in the hurly-burly Premiership and being a truly world class player.

We were once told that Rooney was going to be the world's best but he's never delivered for England when it counts and most of these will probably go the same way.

The Premiership has made the problem worse because top teams want instant success in the league/Europe and are not remotely bothered about the future of England's national game. Didn't I read the other week that Stoke played a non-English XI for the first time ever. A sign of the times.

I'd love to be proven wrong but we've heard it all before and it evaporated into thin air.

Compared to the players the likes of Argentina, Germany, France and even Belgium have got we look short still.

Not very impressed to be frank.:(

3-4 of the them are decent but the rest are nothing special.

How many of that lot would make Chelsea or Man City's first XI? Hardly anyone at all.

There is a huge difference in being quite a good player in the hurly-burly Premiership and being a truly world class player.

We were once told that Rooney was going to be the world's best but he's never delivered for England when it counts and most of these will probably go the same way.

The Premiership has made the problem worse because top teams want instant success in the league/Europe and are not remotely bothered about the future of England's national game. Didn't I read the other week that Stoke played a non-English XI for the first time ever. A sign of the times.

I'd love to be proven wrong but we've heard it all before and it evaporated into thin air.

Compared to the players the likes of Argentina, Germany, France and even Belgium have got we look short still.

It depends on whether you go by form or reputation alone. Right now I'd have Harry Kane over Falcao every day of the week as he looks a far better and fitter player. I think a lot of the young players mentioned in this thread have the potential to be world-class, or something very close to, but it will depend on their attitude and willingness to continue to improve.

Rooney was world-class for a couple of seasons. He's never done it anything like in an England shirt when it's mattered the most but his goals to games record is still right up there. There can be no questions that the likes of Ferdinand, Terry and Ashley Cole were world-class whether they were in a club or national team shirt.

To say that we're short of Belguim is a bit silly. Granted, they have some good players in their starting 11 like Curtious, Kompany and Hazard, but then like many of our players in the past the likes of Hazard inparticular put on a national shirt and don't perform anything like for his country than he does for his club. His record of 6 goals and 5 assists in well over 50 games for his country is really poor for somebody of his ability.

Jordan Ibe looks a bit special as well, know a few Derby fans who were raving about him.

He's a much more complete player at his age than Raheem Sterling was, that's for sure. He'll be a big player for Liverpool in the coming years, hopefully along with Sterling and Sturridge.

Archived