onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tell me again that we don't need Pope!

old sage

Thats a good point Dave.There has been so much talk about this in the press . Does no-one any good.Surely Norman should give Page a budget and let him decide where it is spent.I'm sure there could be some compromise with Pope and Vale have got other highly paid players who could be sacrificed to keep within budget(eg Dickinson!)

That's actually a decent point.

Shouldn't Norman assign Page a budget and it is up to him how he spends it?

I know Page is inexperienced but we, the fans, and Norman need to show complete faith in Page and at the minute it seems he has no say in recruiting or retaining players.

Advert

A lot of, imo, unfair comments towards Williamson.

He was no more anonymous yesterday than Pope has been at times. Willo relies on through balls and he was never going to get any with Brown and Dicko in midfield. He's never going to be a regular starter but I still think he's a decent player to have in the squad and some people are slightly overreacting towards his performances.

With regards to Pope, I think, up until yesterday, we've looked far better going forward without him. We were missing two top central midfielders and were relying on a 37 year old and a left back to create something. It was never going to happen. I've been quite happy with how we've played without Pope and, whilst it would be great to keep him, I don't worship him as much as others on here to the extent where I would either risk the club's finances or leave us with a tiny squad next year simply to keep him.

This right here is to much sense for most to comprehend. I also think the criticism that Willo receives is unfair. Pope can go 9 matches without scoring playing a full 90 in 8 of those and fans on here defend him.

Willo goes 4 matches without scoring 2 of them he came off the bench and the other 2 matches he started only playing a full 90 in one of those and people criticise him beyond belief.

The fact remains Willo is still our second top scorer and only 2 goals behind Pope.

For me I feel we should try cash in on Pope if we can get 150k+ for him we should do it. That's nearly and extra 3k a week in the wage budget plus the wage left vacant by Tom Pope. That's an extra 5k a week. Get a few top players with that without eating into our given budget.

This right here is to much sense for most to comprehend. I also think the criticism that Willo receives is unfair. Pope can go 9 matches without scoring playing a full 90 in 8 of those and fans on here defend him.

Willo goes 4 matches without scoring 2 of them he came off the bench and the other 2 matches he started only playing a full 90 in one of those and people criticise him beyond belief.

The fact remains Willo is still our second top scorer and only 2 goals behind Pope.

For me I feel we should try cash in on Pope if we can get 150k+ for him we should do it. That's nearly and extra 3k a week in the wage budget plus the wage left vacant by Tom Pope. That's an extra 5k a week. Get a few top players with that without eating into our given budget.

Lots of logic in that but I think you are now officially off Owd's Christmas card list! ;)

Surely we'd get 250 to 300k for Pope though?

Lots of logic in that but I think you are now officially off Owd's Christmas card list! ;)

Surely we'd get 250 to 300k for Pope though?

I would love 250 to 300k maybe if we had got rid in the summer but with his contract expiring and this injury some clubs might not be willing pay that much. I am willing to be proven wrong though :D

If Tom does move i can't see him going before the end of the season.

That way any cash will go into Tom's pocket as a signing on fee and Vale will get zilch !

Only my own humble opinion but if this is the scenario after how Tom's been treated,its exactly how much we deserve.

After how Tom has been treated haha. He had 1 great season in the League 2 and got a bumper pay rise. I wish I got treated like that at work.

doesnt his contract end in the summer? would anyone pay when they could wait and get him for free?

A lot of panic buys in January though. Clubs fighting relegation and clubs pushing for promotion. If he does go I feel that will be the end of his career and this time next year he will be in League 2.

After watching today's shambles of a performance how can anyone who witnessed the pathetic efforts of our so called frontmen say that we can carry on next season without Tom Pope.

Yes the service from midfield was pretty dire but even so Popey would have scored the chance that came Daniel's way and he would have held the ball up far better than N'guessan and Williamson did. Quite frankly Williamson's contribution was embarrassing. If we are going to survive without our main striker next term then someone new will need to be signed up because as sure as God made little green apples the forwards that we have quite simply aren't League 1 standard.

If Williamson in particular is selected again then Page needs his bumps feeling because if Campion isn't better than him he needs driving down to Dover and put on the ferry back to his homeland.

Smurf I fear your stubborn stance over Pope's new contract will have huge repercussions in the future. Ambitious players will only sign up to a club that they feel have ambitions.

How many abysmal performances have occurred when Pope was in the team? Loads, even when we were in League 2. Pope's a very good player, but he doesn't win games on his own he's not that kind of player and never will be.

How many abysmal performances have occurred when Pope was in the team? Loads' date=' even when we were in League 2. Pope's a very good player, but he doesn't win games on his own he's not that kind of player and never will be.[/quote'] Tell me when we have a striker who can get anywhere near his scoring record. He needs service but tell me a forward who scores most of their goals with their head that doesn't??

Popey has never given less than 100% how many more of our players can we say the same of?

Tell me when we have a striker who can get anywhere near his scoring record. He needs service but tell me a forward who scores most of their goals with their head that doesn't??

Popey has never given less than 100% how many more of our players can we say the same of?

Michael Brown is the only one that comes to mind and he does it out of professionalism not because he is a die hard Vale Fan

Archived