onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Gruppenfuhrer Ballotelli

Lets be honest Ballotelli is the type of player that we don't need in our beautiful game. This isn't the first time that he made the headlines with some pretty horrendous behaviour that has shocked the world and he can count himself as being very lucky not to have ended up in prison.

Swapping shirts with another player at half time, letting fireworks off in his home, handing out money to strangers in the street. The man is a dangerous individual who should not be allowed to mix with the rest of society. Ban him for life, lock him up and throw away the key. He is a disgrace.

Seriously though, if you are offended by his latest antics then all I can say is that you have not had any real problems or upset in your life. I have far more things to worry about than what Ballotelli is doing. He is naïve at worst but certainly not a racist.

Advert

Maybe if you were Jewish and you and your family had had to put up with this kind of negative stereotyping for generations, you might think differently.

I don't know this but are you Jewish and has your family had to put up with this kind of negative stereotyping for generations?

If not then I don't get how you can in any way claim to speak for such people..this is part of the problem for me, people being offended on behalf of others when the others may not be offended at all. If they are they can speak for themselves

Lets be honest Ballotelli is the type of player that we don't need in our beautiful game. This isn't the first time that he made the headlines with some pretty horrendous behaviour that has shocked the world and he can count himself as being very lucky not to have ended up in prison.

Swapping shirts with another player at half time, letting fireworks off in his home, handing out money to strangers in the street. The man is a dangerous individual who should not be allowed to mix with the rest of society. Ban him for life, lock him up and throw away the key. He is a disgrace.

Classic..you had me going there for a while..until i read the second paragraph ;)

What a bizarre thing to write. So only the people insulted or sneered at are allowed to find something racist. Only the actual victims can be offended by it?

Besides, I'm not 'claiming to speak for such people'. Read my post again and show me where I've done that.

My comment was in response to Tosh's suggestion that "You've got be a big girly mard **** if you find that ( "grabs coins like a Jew (or whatever the stupid picture actually said)) offensive". I merely pointed out that rather than being a BGM, if your people had been subjected to generations of insults and slurs, you might think differently. Surely, even you can't disagree with that. In fact, one of the main voices criticising Balotelli's Instagram post was from the chief executive of the Jewish Leadership Council. I don't find Mario's post offensive but can understand that people may be.

Maybe if you were Jewish and you and your family had had to put up with this kind of negative stereotyping for generations, you might think differently.

Don't think I would but some are more sensitive than others I suppose. I've only ever met one Jewish bloke and he was my landlord at my works premises and he loved to tell Jewish jokes and took the **** out of himself and his creed I just think the whole PC malarky has gone too far and people need to lighten up a bit...imo.

What a bizarre thing to write. So only the people insulted or sneered at are allowed to find something racist. Only the actual victims can be offended by it?

I didn't day that..you didn't say that you found it offensive..that's fine if you do, fine if you don't. I just get fed up of people claiming that such and such a group will be offended by such comments..that's for them to say, not others.

I might not; seeing as i go 2 quite a few cashncarry warehouses in Manc all run by Jews all who tell jewish jokes.

Y wud they or anyone take offense, its just a joke.

Besides, I'm not 'claiming to speak for such people'. Read my post again and show me where I've done that.

My comment was in response to Tosh's suggestion that "You've got be a big girly mard **** if you find that ( "grabs coins like a Jew (or whatever the stupid picture actually said)) offensive". I merely pointed out that rather than being a BGM, if your people had been subjected to generations of insults and slurs, you might think differently. Surely, even you can't disagree with that. In fact, one of the main voices criticising Balotelli's Instagram post was from the chief executive of the Jewish Leadership Council. I don't find Mario's post offensive but can understand that people may be.

The point is how do you know it would be offensive to someone who is Jewish unless you are Jewish yourself?

If your not Jewish your just making an assumption on someone elses behalf, which patronising btw.

I hate it when someone speaks for me, I would rather they keep out of it and let me speak for myself. I would imagine thats how most people feel.

Can't you read? I said 'might', as in 'negative stereotyping of an entire race of people 'might' cause offence'. The fact that the chief exec of the Jewish Leadership Council has complained would seem to back that up.

You're making such a ridiculous arguement. Following your logic, only black people can speak out against racism against black people, only gay people can condemn homophobia and only women can find sexist things offensive.

Archived