onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

MK Dons 1 Vale 0 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

I wasn't there so I can't comment on the display, but to get yet another man sent off is disgraceful.

Slew, Zubar and now Lines. No wonder we ended up with nothing, and the knock-on effects from a straight red only make matters worse.

Three reds in how many away games is it? That's a shocking statistic and I suggest that Page sorts it out asap, as it's totally unprofessional and costing us points.

Advert

I didn't see the head butt from Lines and if he did it he's an idiot. I believe MK are expecting a large offer for Dele Alli. I'm expecting to read shortly of a million pound bid coming in from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.

i wouldn't call it a head butt more of a head push but these days it's just plain stupid.

i wouldn't call it a head butt more of a head push but these days it's just plain stupid.

I've just seen it on telly. He barely made contact but was stupid. Alli's response looked even more embarrasing on the telly than it did at the match. I've also just seen Jack Wilshere headbutt Fellani about two yards from the ref and not even get a yellow card.

I've just seen it on telly. He barely made contact but was stupid. Alli's response looked even more embarrasing on the telly than it did at the match. I've also just seen Jack Wilshere headbutt Fellani about two yards from the ref and not even get a yellow card.

Don't you just love how consistent referees are! It's a complete joke. That said I hope both Lines and Alli are feeling embarrassed for their actions.

Lines was lucky not to be sent off at Preston for a sneaky kick on an opponent before Zubar went. Before the incident today he seemed to spend a lot of time standing about on the pitch to no particular purpose. Those who have said we did no attacking should realise that N'Guessan had no service and very little support. We did not miss Lines and in fact played better with ten men and did more attacking particularly in the second half. Credit to Vesseli who brought the ball out of defence, up to the half way line on several occasions and then had no one to give it to. Central midfield is not doing its job of linking defence and attack.

The main difference between the two is Fellani didn't throw himself to the floor and try and con the ref. the result for his honesty? Wilshere escapes scot free. Ref really should be smarter then to just make their decision based on the reaction of the alleged victim. It just encourages cheating.

Mmmm...don't think Mr Lines will be getting MOTM this week. Very very stupid and has probably cost us at least a point. Not a happy bunny tonight :(

:upthevale:

cost us at least a point?

not really considering we were losing at the time and could've played all week without scoring.

looked better when ben williamson came on, looked lively and we actually started to have a go, but our one chance of the game was a header that he should've done better with. sums him up - good player, bad finisher.

how we lost 1-0. they missed 2 absolute sitters in the first half, both of which they put wide, and another decent chance that would've been a goal if he'd put anywhere other than straight at neal

got beat by a better team, on another day, it would've been a hammering by a better team.

that said, the 2nd half was an improvement and the effort was there to see. vale got a better response at the end than i normally see them get after a defeat and i stayed to clap them off.

how the ref blew his whistle when marshall had the ball where he did - infuriating.

Not a great game for the neutral. MK were nowhere near as good as 2 weeks ago and we had a chance to get something. Poor first half from Vale, very stupid sending off. You cannot give the ref the opportunity to send you off, but my argument was how the ref saw it. From his position he couldn't possibly have seen the contact but the red was immediately out of his pocket. No linesman's flag or intervention by the 4th official, but off he went. Lines has this in his game and has come close to going off before for petulant digs. Stupid, plain and simple.

Better second half, we had 2 good chances to equalise, one fell to Birchy who fluffed his first touch. What frustrates me about Willo is that we know he has the ability but his header was nowhere near the goal. Very poor quality finish and in games like this one you need to hit the target.

Oh and a word on the ref. I'm not usually one to attribute losses to referees, but his performance today definitely benefitted the home side. Some very robust tackles in the second half and not even a word for their players. Or those pretending to be injured when we attacked then jumping up like a spring lamb when they won possession and a broke away.

Good effort Vale despite the loss. What might have been with 11 on the pitch? Hang your head in shame Mr Lines - you have some explaining to do. Page should find a suitably demeaning punishment for such crass stupidity.

Yes, hit him where it hurts.....in he pocket, that's what I would do,:angry:

I've just seen the sending off of Lines after seeing several similar incidents on match of the day. The premier league incidents were all worse than what Lines did and in his incident the player made a lot out of little.

Lines got a red, the premier league players got yellows. The Wilshire incident was much worse and he got nothing.

Archived