onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Glover

George

Advert

So the past is the past .

I have no problem with that and why should i the bloke just doing a job .

His managerial stint wasnt the best but thats gone now i wish him well if he can pass on his talent too others that will only benefit PVFC .

Same with Grewy i really dont like the fact folk slag off our own .

He is another who does a fine job.

The last 3 home saturday performances have been superb if Glover has played the part in that then whats the big deal long may it continue.

Excellent post, VFIA!!! If Glover has only recently become involved, that may well explain why we are looking a bit better. defensively? While we're talking about greatest defenders, for my mone, that was John Flowers, who was with us for far too short a period! I also used to like Aspo's partner-in-crime, Mark Snijders!

How can we have SHORT memories when we remember much longer ago in history when he was a player' date=' much before he was a manager? :)[/quote']

Memory can be very selective... you may remember breaking a bone but you wont remember the pain that came with it.

People talk of the good old days with affection but forget the poverty etc that accompanied it.

to prove a point

I think Adams more than proved his worth to us giving us our first promotion in 20 years against all the odds and then our highest league placing for 10 years

Worked out fairly well anyway as history proves, who knows if it had come to a head sooner or may have worked out worse not better, we could have ended up with an asset stripper or idiot in charge - Ryder for example?

Overpaying him? I think Adams more than proved his worth to us giving us our first promotion in 20 years against all the odds and then our highest league placing for 10 years ;)

whatever transpired later he was overpaid at the time

I can't really understand why there should be any fuss about DG's role. It's not as if he has a 5 year rolling contract @ £250k a year. As far as I can tell, Rob Page is happy enough for him to be there. End of Story.

If page made the choice its another decision he will succeed or fail by

No problem with this. He was already back at the club. RP seems a very hands on manager, he still does the warm up on match days - never saw Micky do that - so I expect he takes all the coaching sessions and just needs an extra pair of hands to help out. As RP only has the job until the end of the year, he will struggle to get an experienced assistant. Can't see Norman letting him sign someone on a long deal and not many will want a job until May. As much as I hope it works out for RP, if it does fall apart Norman can recruit a new manager and allow him to bring his own staff in - something we've not done for years. I think RP has said he'll review his back room staff anyway at the end of the year.

Archived